Mickey & Minnie wedding accessories

ZPT1022

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr
Hi. We will be going to Disney for our honeymoon in September, but we will be having our wedding up here in CT before we go (sadly). Does anyone know where to get Mickey & Minnie cake topper, champagne glasses, guest book, etc... I looked at Disneystore.com and all they had was the crystal cake topper, has anyone found these items anywhere else? Thanks!:D

ZPT1022

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. How is the planning going along so far?

I am too getting married in October and my wedding is Disney themed. Hence I am able to tell you where to get those Disney wedding accessories.

I got my cake top, Mickey ribbon bows ,Mickey and Minnie wedding attire pins, Mickey address labels and bubble labels on Ebay. Just do a search "mickey wedding" and you will find tons of good stuff. You can also find cake knife and server, flutes, favour, envelope seals, photos frames, etc, on Ebay.

I bought my Mickey and Minnie invitations from www.invitations4less.com. I receive 25% off the regular retail price and I have received great service from this company. I guess you might have ordered your invitations now.

Just wanna show you pictures of my goodies:

i-1.JPG
mickwed.jpg
minwed.jpg
i-1.JPG
W0740_036Flr.jpg

Let me know whether you have any question. Good luck!

Jean

Thank you SO much. While out wedding is only about 2 months away we are VERY behind in the planning. Originally we had planned a huge wedding with all the family and friends we have and then we decided financially it was crazy. Our next plan was an intimate wedding with just parents, grandparents, siblings and our toddler invited. That really wasn't what I wanted so I have been procrastinating in a big way. A few days ago I had a friend suggest to me to do what another of her friends did- a "cake and coffee" reception. No big meal= a lot cheaper for us. So now the planning is on in full force, with the goal being to have it all done in the next month (we are also planning the baby's 1st birthday party for July at the same time LOL we are nuts). We have found a location (a butterfly conservatory) and luckily someone else cancelled so they have our date (September 14) open. Since we already have our honeymoon booked (at Disney) we have little flexibility with the date. I had really wanted to be able to get married at the wedding pavilion, but have decided that a Disney themed wedding at the butterfly conservatory will be just as lovely for us. Whoo, am I talking too much or what? Well, I really appreciate all your help, and I enjoy seeing all the things you have done (I cant seem to get enough Disney or wedding lately:D ). Thanks again!!:D :D :D

wow... butterfly conservatory and Disney themed wedding. I believe it will be a very romantic dream wedding. Don't sweat about the little thing. Just remember that it is a day to celebrate the unification of you, your sweet heart and your baby. Nothing else would matter!!

When are you leaving for your honeymoon??

Have a great one!

Jena

Our honeymoon will be September 15-23. We arrive 9/15 but our actual package starts 9/16. We always build in an extra day for travel on each end of the trip so we don't "waste" a package day traveling. I did that with my family one time and it was super crazy, we arrived in the middle of the day and we felt like we had already missed a lot, so we upped our touring schedule to make up for lost time and by the time we got home we needed a vaction from vaction LOL. I will not do that again!:D So we will actually be in the parks 9/15-9/22 and we will fly home in the afternoon on 9/23. When will you be going? How our your wedding plans coming along? We are back on with the big wedding with all the family and friends, but now the planning is a little "last minute" so I am trying not to get stressed, but I want to make it perfect (we will only be doing this once!!), I'm sure you've felt that way sometimes! But you seem to have it all together! Is there a certain point where you can finally sit back and realize that it has all come together finally? Have you reached that point yet? Thanks for all your help and advice!!
-Becky

You could try calling Sandy Cove gift shop at the GF; I know that they can ship items to you. When we went in April, they had a ton of wedding merchandise, and that's where I bought my Cinderella garter band.
Cheers!
Heather P

Hi ZPT1022. Congrats. I am also from CT, and my FH and I are getting married next month, and will be going to Disney for our honeymoon, so all of a sudden we have a "Disney theme" wedding. There are some great message boards on Wedding Channel. There are local boards, and even theme threads. Check them out. You should check out Mouse Shoppe, too. I think this is the link: Mouse Shoppe. I ordered the b&g mouse ears for our honeymoon. I also just ordered the same cake topper that Jean has. Congratulations again, and best of luck!

hmp2z- did you happen to see if there was much in the way of Mickey and Minnie wedding things at Sandy Cove?

jctweets- how was the online shopping at mouseshoppe? the more I think about it I think I might like to have the ears before we go, so we can wear them on our trip to WDW. But, I am very leery of internet shopping most of the time. How did it go? I would be glad to know..

Thanks everyone!

ZPT1022,

I have talked to mouseshoppe.com before enquiring about the ear hats. Each hat does not cost you a lot, but the shipping does. I live in Vancouver (but will move to MA after my wedding....getting closer to you!!), and the shipping will be about $25 due to its size and package. So, to me, it is definitely not worthwhile to get the hats from internet. Then I phoned the Sandy Cove and I was informed that I can call the store to ask them to send the hats to the resort that I am staying at. That way I will be able to get my hat at the very beginning of my trip and wear it all the way through. Best of all, each hat will only cost me $10 to buy and no shipping charge!!!!! If you are not sure, you may call Sandy Cove for detailed information. Sandy Cove locates inside of Grand Floridian Resort, phone number of the resort is 407-824-3000

The hat sold on Ebay and any online store just costs too much.....

Also, I bought Mickey bride and groom pins just in case the weather is too hot/windy to wear the hat...

Jean

I know that they had the standard Mickey/Minnie cake topper, and also Mickey/Minnie champagne flutes. If you call, I'm sure they'll be able to give you a more extensive inventory than I will!
Cheers!
Heather P

Thank you all so much. At least now, even though it is still getting close, I know where to start!! :D

Jean, if you don't mind my asking, how much did you end up spending on your cake topper. It is the one I really want, and I have been trying Ebay, but I always keep getting outbid at the last second. I hesitate to put too much money out for Ebay, as you never can be 100% sure what you are getting. I know it is really forward of me to ask, normally I wouldn't but I am just wondering, want to make sure I don't spend too much. Thanks again!
-Becky:D

If you're worried about the quality from Ebay, you can order the Mickey/Minnie cake toppers from Disney merchandising. I think they're in the $26-28 range.
Cheers!
Heather P

I paid 20.00 for my M+m cake topper I had a friend buy it for me from DL .

ZPT1022,

I don't mind at all!! I actually bought my caketopper fromMouse Shoppe. I paid $24 plus shipping and handling. The cake top, being a fragile item, was packed very nicely and the quality was very good.

So, if you are concerned about the quality of items offered at Ebay, order it from Mouse Shoppe! Also, another good way to check on the quality of products sold at Ebay is to check the previous transations of each vendor. Sometimes you will be able to get feedback from other people who have bought the same product that you want to buy.

Also, call Disney Catalogue to see whether they have this product.

Good luck!

Jean

Hey, ZPT1022, we're getting married Sept 14, too!! Our wedding is on Cape Cod, and we leave for WDW on 9/16/02.

We're using the same Mickey/Minnie cake topper and ties for the serving set. We called WDW Merchandise and ordered directly from them. The cake topper was $20 & I think the ties were $30 for the pair. We also were able to purchase some beautiful toasting glassees (Mickey & Minnie in bridal attire on each glass) They were a little pricey...$95 for the set...but well worth it to us, since they are in keeping with the theme. Have you tried calling WDW Merchandise for suggestions? We got a really helpful woman who spent at least a half hour on the phone looking for ideas for us. :D

Oh...and we also ordered mickey confetti from WDW Florist to sprinkle on the tables and put in the invitations.

Have fun!:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter