Mickey Mouse ears hats-general cost?

Coconut36

DIS Veteran
Just curious if anyone can give me a ballpark figure for the cost of the classic Mickey ears hat at DLR.

My youngest has expressed great interest in getting on of his own and I was planning to get them gift cards to use and wondered how much to load up..I wanted to cover the cost of a hat for each and then at least one other item if possible so I was trying to get some cost ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Just curious if anyone can give me a ballpark figure for the cost of the classic Mickey ears hat at DLR.

My youngest has expressed great interest in getting on of his own and I was planning to get them gift cards to use and wondered how much to load up..I wanted to cover the cost of a hat for each and then at least one other item if possible so I was trying to get some cost ideas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I believe classic ear hats are 12.99... Just checked www.disneystore.com and classic kids ears are 11.95!

So are adult ears if your kids have bigger heads! (or you have "big kids" like me!)

My son got one I think around $20.00 (I don't remember exactly), however it truely made his trip! I know he felt so special with it on and we had his name stitched on the back. Fun memories and cute pictures! :wizard:

My son got one I think around $20.00 (I don't remember exactly), however it truely made his trip! I know he felt so special with it on and we had his name stitched on the back. Fun memories and cute pictures! :wizard:

Awww..how cute :)

I am hoping for that with my son(s). Oldest isn't sure what he wants but youngest seems very set on the ears right now.

I know the basic black ears are the cheapest, but there are other styles and variations that escalate in price. I believe my Kermit ears were $14 and the Ice Cream Mickey ears were more like $15 or $16.

Also factor in embroidery. Last December basic embroidery was $3 and a thicker option with more colors and different font was $7.

Does anyone know if you can bring previously purchased ears to DL to have them embroidered? DD's grandma sent her the pink ones from WDW but they don't have her name on them.

Does anyone know if you can bring previously purchased ears to DL to have them embroidered? DD's grandma sent her the pink ones from WDW but they don't have her name on them.

Usually you can't unless you have a receipt showing the purchase. I don't know how old the receipt can be, though.

They won't do it at Disney, but an embroidery shop usually will. I bought a pair on ebay and had them embroidered at a shop for around 7 dollars.

I was able to get my ears done without a receipt, but I was also buying another set with embroidery at the same time. It all depends on if the CM is willing to bend the rules.

They've been more lenient on this once they started charging for embroidery. Back when the CM used the sewing machine to do hat writing (and it was a skill, believe me) the name was included if you wanted it. Now its extra, $3.00 for the original font and $7.00 for other fonts. With either option you can pick the thread color from yellow, white, black, and pink.

Thanks..I wasn't sure if the prices I saw online at disneystore.com were a reflection of in park prices or not.

I would add a few dollars to the online prices just to be on the safe side. I was looking at a mug online that cost $10.95, and purchased it in the parks for $11.95. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a trend with most items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter