• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey Pool Slide

bthrsoon

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me what the height restriction is on the slide in the Mickey Pool? I have a tall DS9 who might be disappointed.

BTW.. The slide does not go into the pool. The kids land on a soft mat. Twinave

I heard that if your kids are not 4, they will not allow them on the slide even if you do meet the height requirement. My DS will be two months shy of 4 and he is not at all afraid of slides. How do they check age? Do they ask the child?

They land on a mat?? That's interesting. I always thought it was like a slide at the waterpark (that has water flowing down, and they land in a pool of water.)

It does come down in water, but it is beside the actual pool. That way no one will be in the way of the child coming down the slide.

It is fun for the kids, and VERY crowded at times. We have been there when my kids just walk right up and go down, and other times where they have a very long wait.

DJ

The Navigator says the restrictions are:

ages: 4-14
&
heights: 32-64 inches
[/B]

Well DH and I are both 5' 4"..... (a LITTLE above on the age limit though!) He ACTS like he is in the right age range sometimes!
He wants to go down the slide sooooo much.... (he's never been down a slide on a boat before!) I keep telling him it's just for actual kids!:D

Originally posted by feenie
Well DH and I are both 5' 4"..... (a LITTLE above on the age limit though!) He ACTS like he is in the right age range sometimes!
He wants to go down the slide sooooo much.... (he's never been down a slide on a boat before!) I keep telling him it's just for actual kids!:D

My dad is just the same way except he is 5'7", well and he actualy almost triples the age limit. I am happy though because I though the age limit was 12 and I'm 13 (going to be 14 2 weeks after the cruise) and didn't think i was going to be able to go on it honestly, well without this conversation occuring

Slide Guy:"How old are you son?"
Me:"I'm 12, sir"
Slide Guy"Ok go ahead"

I don't know what the height restriction is, but being almost 19 I have this odd feeling I'm too big (or too old) to go in the Mickey Pool; that slide looks like fun!:p

I know there are a lot of dads that are disappointed when they find out that they can't go down this slide.:D

I have a tiny 4 yr old and everytime she went to get in line, they would ask me or her how old she was. Once I said 4, they always let her on, she was above the minimum height. But I did see a very little girl go on the slide very often, I would say 2 or 3 at the most. I don't know how or why they let her on. She would hold up the line every time and the mother would have to coax her to go down.

What I do, it will be easier if there is two adults, but when mine went down the slide, it was just me. I would walk them up to the start of the spiral steps that was at the very top. I would wait there and let them get in line. Once they got about 5 or so from the front, they lifegaurd would usually start scanning the line and ask, I would tell her how old she was and then get myself down to the bottom of the slide for when they came down as fast as I could. I was exhausted by about the 3rd trip down.

If he goes alot at the same time, after about the 2nd time or so, they should recognize him. I would stand there incase they asked, you could say 4 or if he said 3, tell them he is still used to saying 3 since he just turned 4. That way you are not teaching him to lie if you coax him to say he is 4. Also, some will let him up, so if you want to take the chance, you can tell the truth. Most will proably let him up, some won't. Also, if he is big for his age, they might never ask.

Yes, it is a slide off to the side of the actual pool but there is tons of water and the mat stops them at the bottom. They do not end up in the actual pool.

vgaskin,

Thank you for posting your experience with the slide. Now I know what to expect. DS is not big for his age. I would say he is average in size. But we just returned from a waterpark and he was not at all afraid of the slides. He will definitely not be holding up the line! I won't tell DS to lie about his age. Especially after I have emphasized to him lately that it's not good to lie. But he will definitely be disappointed if they say no. At the waterpark, there were several rides were he was a few inches shorter than the height limit. He was very upset he couldn't ride it. I understand the safety considerations as far as height is concerned but I wonder why the age restriction? Do they think it's a little too scary for 3 year olds?

I didn't think my girls would go down. They are more timid but loved the little slide at the beach club. It is a straight slide that goes into the pool. We would catch them. But the Mickey is very twisty and turney for kids in my opinion. everytime they came down, they were in a different position. That is probaly why and if they got stuck or turned over while going down, they may not be able to upright themself before getting down to the bottom and swallowing alot of water or worse. I don't know if that is why but like I said, it isn't a normal little kiddie slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter