Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

Related question: which restaurants are open during the party?

Everything in DCA will be open, but if you want TS, make your reservations ahead of time -- TS places will be crowded!
For DL: I don't know the entire list, but in the past, during the party we've eaten at Stage Door Cafe, Refreshment/Coke Corner, Little Red Wagon, Market House, French Market (?? I'm not completely sure about this one), and the Royal Street Veranda. I think we did Jolly Holiday one year, too.

Last edited:
Well maybe I will finally (after 40 years) have something at the French Market this year! (though my spouse will probably drag us to that little red wagon, lol)

We have also eaten at French Market and Pizza Port as well. Village Haus has been closed in the past for a treat trail but was before it switched to Red Rose Tavern.

I took a quick look at last year's guide and following locations were listed under dining: Carnation Cafe (TS), Gibson Girl, Refreshment Corner, Market House, Little Red Wagon, Plaza Inn, Jolly Holiday, Tiki Juice Bar, Tropical Imports, Bengal Barbecue, Royal Street Veranda, Blue Bayou (TS), Mint Julep Bar, Cafe Orleans (TS), Hungry Bear, Harbor Galley, Stage Door Cafe, Ship to Shore Market, Red Rose Taverne, Galactic Grill, Red Rockett's Pizza Port (now Alien's Pizza Planet).

Golden Horseshoe and Rancho were both closed because they're used as indoor treat trails. I can't remember why (or if) French Market was closed. Also, it's worth noting that not everything remained open until the end of the party. I feel like some things did close before hand (especially the TS locations). Jolly Holiday and Refreshment Corner are usually open until the end, but I do think most things do a "hard" close at the end of the party.

I took a quick look at last year's guide and following locations were listed under dining: Carnation Cafe (TS), Gibson Girl, Refreshment Corner, Market House, Little Red Wagon, Plaza Inn, Jolly Holiday, Tiki Juice Bar, Tropical Imports, Bengal Barbecue, Royal Street Veranda, Blue Bayou (TS), Mint Julep Bar, Cafe Orleans (TS), Hungry Bear, Harbor Galley, Stage Door Cafe, Ship to Shore Market, Red Rose Taverne, Galactic Grill, Red Rockett's Pizza Port (now Alien's Pizza Planet).

Golden Horseshoe and Rancho were both closed because they're used as indoor treat trails. I can't remember why (or if) French Market was closed. Also, it's worth noting that not everything remained open until the end of the party. I feel like some things did close before hand (especially the TS locations). Jolly Holiday and Refreshment Corner are usually open until the end, but I do think most things do a "hard" close at the end of the party.
I know some of the resturants closed around 8pm, like Carnation Cafe.

On the disboards podcast today Pete Warner mentioned that the WDW Halloween parties he has attended recently were over sold. He felt they increased capacity by as much as 50% and recommended people not attend the Halloween party there due to overcrowding. The crowds greatly increased wait times for everything as well as the time you have to wait for a good spot for the parades and fireworks. I hope this is not coming to Disneyland as well. One of the best points about the Halloween party at Disneyland is reduced crowds. I look forward to hearing from folks here who go to the early Disneyland parties about any changes in crowd levels. Hopefully this does not happen at Disneyland.

I saw concept art for the gingerbread house in haunted mansion and now I can't find it anywhere to show my partner! Anyone remember where it was posted?

Went last year and had an AMAZING time, however just listened to the DIS Unplugged and heard that the Florida Halloween party was plagued by overcrowding.
Is the Disneyland party facing this same problem, or has the Disneyland management managed to avoid the temptation of overbooking the party?
Anyone know?

Went last year and had an AMAZING time, however just listened to the DIS Unplugged and heard that the Florida Halloween party was plagued by overcrowding.
Is the Disneyland party facing this same problem, or has the Disneyland management managed to avoid the temptation of overbooking the party?
Anyone know?
DLR has never announced how many tickets they sell for each MHP and I don't think it's really likely that they'll ever share this information. So I don't think we'll really get a sense of crowd levels until the first few parties happen (and even then what is meant by "over-crowding" really varies by person).

DLR has never announced how many tickets they sell for each MHP and I don't think it's really likely that they'll ever share this information. So I don't think we'll really get a sense of crowd levels until the first few parties happen (and even then what is meant by "over-crowding" really varies by person).
Oh! Sorry I guess I asked prematurely. Didn't even check to see if Not So Scary had started yet.

Oh! Sorry I guess I asked prematurely. Didn't even check to see if Not So Scary had started yet.
No worries! Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) have started in WDW, but Mickey's Halloween Party (MHP) haven't started at DL yet (they started 9/19 as mentioned by theluckyrabbit). There are usually some hiccups the first night, but things smooth out pretty quickly. We should have a sense of the crowds after the first few parties have been completed.

Is there anything Halloween related at the Grand Californian this year? I recall some kind of spooky tree creation in the lobby a few years back.

Does anyone know what costume Donald Duck wears during the party? Does he wear his little pumpkin outfit during the day and the devil outfit during the party?

We won't really know what costume he's wearing at MHP until after the first party, but last year he was in his wizard costume at the Toontown pre-party. I can't recall if he was meeting guests during the party (I saw him on the raft and at the good-bye show in his Pirate costume, but neither of those times were M&G). During the day, he wore the pumpkin costume in DL and a devil outfit over in DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter