Mickey's Halloween Party for Grown-ups??

mtakac

Mouseketeer
My husband and I will be staying at CSR from Oct 16- Oct 23. We haven't bought tickets to the Not So Scary Halloween Party. Now I'm wondering if we'll regret that we didn't do it? Isn't it mainly for kids? Is it worth the extra cost? Any thoughts would be helful. Thanks!

I did MNSSHP last year on Halloween with my 24 year old DD and a few of our friends. We had a great time. I really enjoyed the atmosphere (Haunted Mansion looks fabulous with some eerie lighting) and seeing the imaginative costumes of many of the guests. The lines for the attractions were very short so we rode our favorites several times. I just bought our tickets for Oct 24 when DD and I will attend again after our Wonder cruise. You can wait to decide. There will probably be tickets available for your trip for a while.

I hope it's not only for children! I have my ticket for Oct 30th during my solo trip. :) :) :)

The letter that came with my MNSSHP tickets reads as follows -

<font color="navy">"COSTUMES - Children are encouraged to attend the party in costume."</font>

Last year I am certain it read "Guests," not "Children," and my adult nephew and I were <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/disfall02/dscn2518.jpg" target="index">both in costume</A>.

We had a GREAT time, and intend to do the same this year, at the Oct. 19 MNSSHP.

I wore a "not-so-Little Red Riding Hood" costume to MNSSHP last year. My parents wore bride and groom Mickey ears in honor of their 40th wedding anniversary. The cast members loved us and we had a blast!

This is our first time going to the MNSSHP. We're in our late 30's, 40's, and 70's, but still plan to dress in costume. After all, isn't Disney all about bringing the child out in each of us. :)

I hope this gives you an idea about the party

Oct 2000 My wife and I attended we were just 50 and getting younger!

Oct 2001 We did it again! Still getting Younger

Oct 2002 Oldest daughter (26) was able to attend! And yes we got younger again!

Oct 2003 This year we have a full cast Myself, Wife, Oldest Daughter, Oldest Daughter's Husband, Youngest Daughter, Youngest Daughter's Boyfriend. And we are going to get younger yet!

Only problem is now the women want all of us to get dressed up. It should be a real Kick.

Yes this is something you should do at least once!

My best friend and I (both recently turned 25) are going on Oct. 5th; AND we're dressing up! I'll either be a doctor or a farmer, she's going to dress as a pirate! :smooth:

The Zurg family has attended in 2000 and 2002 and Zurg and I dressed up both years...I think it really adds to the fun of the evening..

DH & I both went last year... no kids... we had a great time. It's definitely NOT just for kids. This year, we going again... only this time WE'RE the kids... his parents are going. They be driving up from south Florida for a few days while we're at Disney and when we mentioned we had tickets for MNSSHP they both said they wanted to go to.... and they're in their late 70's.
Hmmm... maybe I should reprhase it.. how 'bout MNSSHP is for those that are young at heart??

I'm going for the first time this year.

I hemmed and hawed about whether or not to go, but the idea of the halloween parades and the characters dressed up really appealed to me. I'm looking forward to some great pictures.

We're going! 50's and 80's years young! Going on Halloween with appropriate garb:jester:

Can't wait to see the Headless Horseman, that means the parade is coming, the parade is coming!

Bobbi:Pinkbounc

Originally posted by bobbiwoz
We're going! 50's and 80's years young! Going on Halloween with appropriate garb

You're going in costume, then? Do you mind sharing what you're going as? DH and I dressed up last year... he was the firefighter.. (DUH... like as in that's what he does for $$) and I was his "flame" (lots of red and orange and yellow tulle and net) Sadly the free photo never arrived.

This year we're thinking simpler and cooler...we roasted last year!

Hi, Actually I said "Appropriate Garb" I don't think hubby has ever worn a costume in his life!

Mom and Sister have will be chefs, complete with hat. Perhaps this is a souvenir from visiting Emeril's show. Hubby has one of the tees that sort of look like a tux, and I'm a glow in the dark pumpkin, again, with an appropriate tee.

I'm sorry to hear about the lost picture. All of us were at a Christmas party last year, along with some Floridian friends, and the picture is a great souvenir. The 11 year old had her face painted at MGM. She had a dog's face, complete with a long tongue, and actually it shows up in the picture. I was thinking about doing something like that until I found the pumpkin.

This is our first MNSSHP, and hubby and I are going to the Christmas party again.

:jester:

Obviously, I don't think Disney is just for kids or I wouldn't be spending 8 days there.

No one has answered my original question "Is it worth the extra cost." As we are going to be there for 8 days, I feel (based on past experience) that we will have ample time to do everything that we want to do. I was just trying to find out what the $30/person cost was for. I think KarenNY answered that.

Thanks.

no one can predict what you will think of MNSSHP, because it will be your opinion if you like it or not, and if it's worth it or not.

Do you like halloween, trick or treating, dressing up, seeing others dressed up, halloween themed parties?

Is it worth $30 to you to go to a Disney Halloween Party?
They have halloween parades, halloween decorations, trick or treating, a free photo, etc.

It's worth it to ME :D Something special and fun and I'm sure we will love it :D

We're not going to any other parks on Halloween, we're planning to enjoy the resorts, go to a character dinner early, and then go to the Halloween party. :D
So, for us, the party is not an extra ticket, just the only one for that day.

Me, DH, my sister and BIL are all going. I'm going to be a witch, my sister is going as a fairy and we still need to find DH a costume pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter