Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K - 2013

I am excited to be running my first 5k in November. I have been training using the couch to 5k and currently I'm at a 14 min pace with 4 weeks to go. Anyone know how much time to allow to pick up race packets? Would lunch time be easier to avoid the opening crowd?

I would aim for the last two hours in the day if speed through the process is the goal. Even with that, I would allow 20-40 minutes.

To help, you need to go to two buildings for packet pickup. The first location is the HP Field house. As you walk up the slope from the parking lot and into the complex, the first building on the left is the Champion Stadium baseball field. The next building on the left is the HP Field house. Once in the field house follow the signs for the race. You will be handed your race bib in this building. Make sure you have your ID and your waiver to speed up the process. If you forget your waiver, you can print a new one on site.

From the HP field house, on will exit and then head to the Jostens Sports Complex. It is located directly across from the Champion Stadium. Once in Jostens, you walk down downstairs and your shirt will be located in the far back of the floor. Once you pick that up, you work your way to the front of the floor for official merchandise.

Hope this helps.

I KNOW this is controversial, so NO FLAMES PLEASE. I know of one bib available for this, probably two. NO CHARGE. Trip being cancelled due to federal govt shutdown. PM me if interested.

budbeerlady said:
I must have been under a rock to have missed this but the All Star Sports food court is closed. They have grab and go items. Have any of you stayed there since the closure? What is available? I am not sure I want to haul food over from All Star Music all the time. We had planned to hit the food court Thursday and Friday night. I guess its better to know now than later....

I swung in there last Saturday and they had a pretty good spread. Bagels, breads, pasteries, sandwhiches, salads, desserts, candies. Soda, coffee, tea. I think they had basic warm foods, soups and such but, don't quote me on that.

Jump over to Music it's not that bad of a walk and I had read something that you could use Dis transport to one of the other resorts.

Has anyone done the 5K and then gone over to WWOS for the kids races? A couple of us are running the 5K and then we have a younger one running the mile later that morning. We will be running the 5K and average approx 10 mm, so I think we will have plenty of time. Just wanted to make sure it is easy to get from AK to WWOS without too much stress.

Thanks!

Hi everybody
Havent been on here in a long while, I am hoping you guys can help me,
I am desperately searching for an entry into the jingle jungle 5k, I am already registered for the half marathon :confused3
I have tried one of the travel agencies and they did not have any
Is there any other road to follow so that I can find an entry?
Thanks so much for any info!! :wave2:

Hi everybody Havent been on here in a long while, I am hoping you guys can help me, I am desperately searching for an entry into the jingle jungle 5k, I am already registered for the half marathon :confused3 I have tried one of the travel agencies and they did not have any Is there any other road to follow so that I can find an entry? Thanks so much for any info!! :wave2:

I registered but am not running... Are u allowed to buy my entry?

Hi everybody
Havent been on here in a long while, I am hoping you guys can help me,
I am desperately searching for an entry into the jingle jungle 5k, I am already registered for the half marathon :confused3
I have tried one of the travel agencies and they did not have any
Is there any other road to follow so that I can find an entry?
Thanks so much for any info!! :wave2:

I don't know if you tried messaging JennyDrake above, she looked to have some bibs.

I KNOW this is controversial, so NO FLAMES PLEASE. I know of one bib available for this, probably two. NO CHARGE. Trip being cancelled due to federal govt shutdown. PM me if interested.
Hi Jenny I would be interested in one of your bibs. So sorry you cant make it.

I registered but am not running... Are u allowed to buy my entry?

The contractual answer is NO.

I fully understand that things happen and that the Disney policy is a little archaic in nature and I know for a fact that folks buy, sell, trade, give bibs to one another.
One needs to understand that there is a process that must happen to pick up a bib. First a waiver must be signed and then an ID shown at the bib table. If the entrant is not going to be able to pick up their bib, then there is a packet pickup authorization form that the entrant must complete. For someone else to pick up your bib, you must sign the waiver, sign the authorization form and copy your license (or other photo ID). The person picking up your bib will also have to present an ID as well.

Also note that because this is against Disney policy and thus against this board's policy, we should probably not have an open forum discussions on listing bibs for sale.... Craig and a list where this may be more appropriate.

Has anyone done the 5K and then gone over to WWOS for the kids races? A couple of us are running the 5K and then we have a younger one running the mile later that morning. We will be running the 5K and average approx 10 mm, so I think we will have plenty of time. Just wanted to make sure it is easy to get from AK to WWOS without too much stress.

Thanks!

We are doing the same. We will have a car, so as far as I can tell we'll be able to drive over, park, and then meet up with the family. My two girls are in the later races, so we seem to have plenty of time. I'm still a little nervous since I can't find any solid info from someone who's done it before. I did find in Touring Plans book that the commute time by car from AK to WWOS via car is about 7 minutes.

If I do this race again, I'll just sign my kids up for the 5k and do it all together!

If you find anymore info, please post!

2 weeks!! Yay!! :)

Thanks!

We are doing the same. We will have a car, so as far as I can tell we'll be able to drive over, park, and then meet up with the family. My two girls are in the later races, so we seem to have plenty of time. I'm still a little nervous since I can't find any solid info from someone who's done it before. I did find in Touring Plans book that the commute time by car from AK to WWOS via car is about 7 minutes.

If I do this race again, I'll just sign my kids up for the 5k and do it all together!

If you find anymore info, please post!

2 weeks!! Yay!! :)

Oops, I thought I had replied... Guess I hit the wrong button

If one has a car then there is no real transportation issue. Simply hop in the car, exit the DAK parking lot and follow Osceola to Victory way, turn right and follow line of cars into WWoS. The route is clearly marked.

If depending on bus transportation, grab the first bus to a resort then hop the first bus to the WWoS. I would suggest Caribbean Beach or Pop as they are not too far off of Osceola. My third choice would be the All Stars. They are actually closer to Osceola but since there are three resorts on one stop, it will take a little longer.

The Mile starts at 10:45 and is on Field 27 so you should have plenty of time.

Oops, I thought I had replied... Guess I hit the wrong button

If one has a car then there is no real transportation issue. Simply hop in the car, exit the DAK parking lot and follow Osceola to Victory way, turn right and follow line of cars into WWoS. The route is clearly marked.

If depending on bus transportation, grab the first bus to a resort then hop the first bus to the WWoS. I would suggest Caribbean Beach or Pop as they are not too far off of Osceola. My third choice would be the All Stars. They are actually closer to Osceola but since there are three resorts on one stop, it will take a little longer.

The Mile starts at 10:45 and is on Field 27 so you should have plenty of time.

Thank you, Coach.

Very helpful information!:)

Dumb question, but which hotels are host resorts, when I click on the link, it just takes me to a list of every hotel.

Dumb question, but which hotels are host resorts, when I click on the link, it just takes me to a list of every hotel.

It is nearly all resorts actually, except Coronado and AKL (two of the top places I wanted to stay!). But, if you are looking for a room, I can tell you that a lot of these are already booked, especially the resorts by EP and deluxe in general. I was able to get an extra night last minute at CBR last month though.

This is copied from the website:
Disney's All Star Movies Resort
Disney's All Star Music Resort
Disney's All Star Sports Resort
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Pop Century Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside,
Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Looks like most are host resorts ...here is the list of Host resorts: all stars (music,movies,sports), pop century, pofq,POR,Carribbean beach, Saratoga springs, board walk, yacht club, beach club, poly, wilderness lodge,

I just wanted to say good luck and have fun to all of you running the 5K.
I was with you until I had to cancel my trip this past Friday (my birthday too) and I am just absolutely gutted that I can't run my first 5K :(

I'm looking to do the Royal Family 5K but I'm really ticked that it seems to cost so much more.

le sigh, such is life.

Have fun and celebrate for me!

I just wanted to say good luck and have fun to all of you running the 5K.
I was with you until I had to cancel my trip this past Friday (my birthday too) and I am just absolutely gutted that I can't run my first 5K :(

I'm looking to do the Royal Family 5K but I'm really ticked that it seems to cost so much more.

le sigh, such is life.

Have fun and celebrate for me!

Awwww so sorry to hear you won't be running:(
I fell off the step ladder decorating for Halloween (don't ask, just plain stupid!;)) and twisted my (already bad) knee and DGrD10 twisted her ankle on Sat. We are quite the pair. lol But today I managed 2.5 miles just under 16mpm, so we will rest her ankle and give it a try anyway. We will remind ourselves we are lucky to be there at all, limping through, and appreciate it all the more keeping your unfortunate disappointment in mind.:grouphug:
Hope you get to the next race!

Looks like most are host resorts ...here is the list of Host resorts: all stars (music,movies,sports), pop century, pofq,POR,Carribbean beach, Saratoga springs, board walk, yacht club, beach club, poly, wilderness lodge,
I am interested to see if people try to walk from AKL... I'm sure they will try to stop it since they would have to walk on the roadway. It's unfortunate it isn't a host resort since it is so close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter