Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

I forgot that I had it set for 7 am, the on my desktop is for 1030 AM when we leave for the airport!

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

He he he! Rochelle Hubby and I will be celebrating our B-days too!
Dh Oct 26
Mine Nov 1
MNSSHP on the 31 st and

Lunch at CP on my bday!
Zip a dee doo dah!!!!

Have a great time!

I am so excited. I just ordered DH costume of Disneystore and used a code from the budget board for $10 off the purchase of $50. So DH got Captain Hook outfit for $42 and I ended up getting DD pj's for free.

THANKS DIS!

f699d8c5.jpg

f699d625.jpg

hehehehe, just bought the costumes this weekend....the kids are so excited... so am i :hyper:

psimon asked -

Did you use a digital camera or was that high speed film? I'm trying to decide whether my digital will work in such poor lighting. Flash is only good so far out and I don't know if I will get the range out of it.

I used a Kodak Easy Share 6.1 digital camera. The photos I took with the night time setting didn't come out as clear as just using the automatic setting. My photos from in front of the castle didn't show the background - so no spooky lighted castle. The character areas were well lit so those photos came out pretty good.

Originally posted by Pegret

I used a Kodak Easy Share 6.1 digital camera. The photos I took with the night time setting didn't come out as clear as just using the automatic setting. My photos from in front of the castle didn't show the background - so no spooky lighted castle. The character areas were well lit so those photos came out pretty good.

That's a snazzy camera! Looks like it is an F-stop faster than mine (I go up to ISO 400, vs yours is up to ISO 800). Still wondering if mine can hack it.

Thanks for the insight.

---Paul in Southern NJ

Went last night! Had a wonderful time. We arrived at 4, and had 4:30 PS at LTT. Okay food, but nice sit down time. Then went to Splash Mountain and got on with about a 10 minute wait. Walked over to Tomorrowland and walked onto Space MT. About a 10 min. wait for Indy Speedyway. (Can't wait til DS outgrows that one!!!) Then walked on Buzz and headed for Fantasyland where we walked onto Dumbo and SnowWhite and Philharmagic. (Pooh was out of order when we were over there.) Walked onto Haunted Mansion and Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Watched the fireworks and then walked onto Space MT. again. By then the crowds were really getting thick. (Didn't understand why it got so much more crowded after the fireworks.) Anyway. We did a little souvenir hunting, rode TTA and hauled our sleepy bodies back to CSR.

It was a great experience. DS counted the rides and got a kick out of riding so much so fast. (Type A personality in the works here, I'm thinking.)

Thanks for all the tips! Going in early really started us off on the right foot. We were through riding Tomorrowland rides before the party even started.

Julie

We ended up deciding not to arrive until the party started ( had 5:15 ressies at LT but cancelled ) We went on the 12th

We went right to Adventure land and had picture taken.

We walked on to all rides except those in Fantasyland ( those we waited until after 11:00 then walked on to them all except Dumbo and Carosell )

Huge lines at Cindy's carriage ( skipped it ) as daughter is at the age where it was to 'uncool' for her :rolleyes: She turned 12 that night at the party.

As mentioned before at end of night we overloaded with the candy they were giving out.

I had read it but did not take the advice :rolleyes: of wearing bug spray, Sure wish I did. ;)

got back on the 17th and received the pictures in the mail today ( the 18th ) :hyper:

This was out first party and would like to go again another year.

Thanks for all the info I got on DIS. :wave2:

::MickeyMo Does anyone know when they will post the dates for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween for 2005 or is it always the same dates? We are going in October 2005 and it's the first time we ever went this time of the year usually we go in August/September ! And we really want to do the Mickey's not so scary Halloween! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Much!:earsgirl:

Originally posted by twoeeyy
I had read it but did not take the advice :rolleyes: of wearing bug spray, Sure wish I did. ;)

Mosquitoes?? What kind of bugs?? We're going on the 28th for a few days...I don't remember every having a problem with bugs at night.

We were there last night, and we felt a few mosquitos, too - but they weren't "terrible."

With the hurricanes passing through we get alot of standing water which makes the mosquitos multiply by the thousands.:earseek:

It's part of the joys of hurricane season:(

I can't wait for Nov. 30th! (End of the Atlantic hurricane season).

I didn't think about it myself:rolleyes: but I better pack the bug repellent too.

Thanks for the heads up on the mosquito situation:wave2:

Definitely pack the bug spray. I packed mine but forgot it one night at Epcot ... I had so many bites on my legs it was incredible! I never forgot to put it on after that.

Originally posted by bunnyfoo
Definitely pack the bug spray. I packed mine but forgot it one night at Epcot ... I had so many bites on my legs it was incredible! I never forgot to put it on after that.

Thanks, guys..I never would have thought to pack bug spray! Mosquitoes LOVE me...I must have their favorite flavor blood. ;) LOL!

I saw on another thread that some folks used (new, scented) Bounce dryer sheets, tucked into a belt, to repel mosquitoes at the World. I'm going to try it!

Originally posted by NYDisneyMom
Thanks, guys..I never would have thought to pack bug spray! Mosquitoes LOVE me...I must have their favorite flavor blood. ;) LOL!

DS7 totally gets "eat up" by mosquitos. My mom says that mosquitos like him because of his fair skin. I am glad that someone mentioned the bug spray because they get him before we know it!!!::yes::

WOW !
Just got back late last nite from 8 days at WDW. Went to the MNSSHP on the 14th and it was a little more crowded then last year, but not as bad as it could have been. Walked in after an OK meal at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella( no ps, just showed up at 4:45 pm!).
Any way- the party! Bugs were noticeable- asked a CM and they r are spraying, but take spray! We were draged in to get our photos taken by the CM's - sometimes we took 3 photos at once of different grouping of our 6 family members.
Went in costume, got a lot more candy then last year. DH wore an orange shirt- doesn't do costumes- and I had 4 foot long felt and leaf vine.... he was my "Pumpkin" and I was "de-vine". lots of groans mostly from the family. SIL was a walking spider web, DB was a ghost in light shirt and shorts. Little niece stole the show with the Cinderella dress- at least in our group. I used over 200 S. crystals on that thing and she did glow, and I made long sleeve mitt syle "gloves" for her out of white sheer knee socks- she would not take them off! and they worked very well! Even glitted her shoes with microfine blue glitter. Can't wait for the photos.
Lines for BTM and SM were only 5-10 min max. Buzz was a walk on.
Missed most of the fireworks- mistook the time- last year it was at later time this year it is at 9:15. sharp.
Good time- we will go back!
Hope everone has a great time that gets to go!

We went to MNSSHP on the 12th! We had a BLAST! What fun! I was surprised as to how crowded the streets were. The wait time for the rides was minimal though. Everyone must have been in the streets getting candy. We found some stations quite generous with the candy while others were stingy. (as in one piece per child...:( ) I never did find the full sized Snickers bars....... Oh well! ;)

Oh and my family got to go into Stitch for a trial run! He burps a stinky chilli dog and spits at you. :eek:

The parade was a highlight! Loved seeing those villians. They were so funny.

Can't wait to go next year!!!!!!

How have the parks been during the day now that the long weekend is over? Anyone having a problem with crowds at the MNSSHP?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter