Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

Originally posted by NCMomx3
Yes...dumb me...I mean Oct. 8th!!! Where are you staying? We are in the POP Century Resort! My whole family is going. 8 adults and 8 children ranging in age from 14 ("the adults are such losers!") to 15 months ("Mine! Mine! Mine!") LOL LOL
Seriously, we are sooo excited! I haven't ever been to WDW when I wasn't preggers or pumping my breast milk!!! LOL
I am so ready to ride anything and not just hold packages and pocketbooks!!! HEE HEE!
GO BRAVES!!!!!! My oldest DS wanted to know if we'd be back home in time to see the BRAVOS in the NLCS games! Like they don't have tv at Disney and like we are staying for 2 weeks!

NCMOM

We're staying at a FW cabin - since my mom (from South Carolina) meets us, it's a more comfortable arrangement for everybody. A little privacy and plenty of room, but since it's just 3 adults it seems to make the most sense for us! DH and I last time slept in the livingroom on the murphy bed (comfy), and my mom shared the bedroom with DS's. Worked out great!

I can see why you are psyched being "unencumbered" this time! You're gonna be in the real action now! :jester:

Originally posted by TheRatPack
We'll be there October 8th too :) My daughter I think is going to be Jasmine and my son will pick something out the day before at the stores when we announce we are going :) They won't know until the 6th or 7th and we planned on going to the Disney store and letting them pick out their costume to celebrate :)

I'll be in my glow in the dark Simpsons shirt with flashing disney button and my husband will be in his orange "This Is My Costume" shirt. Hope we all run in to each other amongst the crowd. Oh and we'll have on our lime green mickey heads (the paint chips from Home Depot but we painted them with glow in the dark green paint and added glitter :)

Cool you'll be there 10/8 too! Great idea with the Mickey heads -- I have some chips too but sort of couldn't think what to do with them -- :rolleyes: At some point I remember seeing a link to a craft where someone made real badges of them? Anybody know about this, or can give me some advice on what to do? Or just pin on? Thanks!!:cool:

Originally posted by jtjarvis
Cool you'll be there 10/8 too! Great idea with the Mickey heads -- I have some chips too but sort of couldn't think what to do with them -- :rolleyes: At some point I remember seeing a link to a craft where someone made real badges of them? Anybody know about this, or can give me some advice on what to do? Or just pin on? Thanks!!:cool:

Someone mentioned taking them to places like Kinkos or Office/School Supply stores and getting them laminated and then punching a hole in them and wearing them on a lanyard. I just glued mine to a thicker piece of black cardstock and then painted them a brighter green and sprinkled glitter on them while they were still wet from the paint. The glitter was clear but it soaked up the paint and now they look really neat, sort of speckled where the glitter on top is the bright lime green and then underneath is the lighter lime green of the original paint chip. I'm going to either punch a hole in the top between the ears and wear it on our lanyard or I'm going to buy some pin backs and glue them on and that way we can wear them as a pin. With all the rides...etc you just don't want them to get all torn up (all the shoulder straps or water rides) so I'm thinking the laminating is a good idea. I may try to laminate one of mine and see how it does, even with the glitter on it. Or maybe I'll just spray a good coat of clear on them so they'll be somewhat more resilient.

We will be there on the 8th too. My DD and I will be pirates and my husband will be wearing a Pirates of the Carribean t-shirt. Hope everyone has a great time!

Hey, thanks for the ideas, Rat Pack! I think I will go ahead and have mine laminated -- then I might try the pin-back thing. Good point too about water rides etc.! Laminating seems really smart -- :jester:

I just got off the phone to make a preferred seating reservation. I was a little worried about not being able to get in the park early on the 17th before the MNSSHP so I made a reservation for Crystal Palace. I figured it would be booked but got the exact time I wanted - 5:30 with no problem. I figure that will put us just in time for the 7:00 opening. For those of you who have asked I did not need to leave a credit card number but it took almost exactly 30 minutes for them to come on the line.

17 days and counting!!! :wave2: :sunny:

Another idea -- i put my home depot mickey chip in a clear plastic keychain -- the one that holds a wallet sized photo. Less work than laminating and super fast.

Okay - first question what is a "home depot mickey chip"?

Secondly, for people wondering about dressing up definitely come dressed up - that's half the fun. We just wear fun shirts but its cool to see what everyone has on. I have the kids dress before we go and I take pjs for my little one so I can change him before I leave the park. That way on the way back to the hotel when he falls asleep I can put him right to bed.

16 days - yahoo!! :cool1:

Originally posted by Minnie Mi
Another idea -- i put my home depot mickey chip in a clear plastic keychain -- the one that holds a wallet sized photo. Less work than laminating and super fast.

Hey that's a great idea too! Thanks for posting :cool:

Originally posted by Josh's Mom
Okay - first question what is a "home depot mickey chip"?

Secondly, for people wondering about dressing up definitely come dressed up - that's half the fun. We just wear fun shirts but its cool to see what everyone has on. I have the kids dress before we go and I take pjs for my little one so I can change him before I leave the park. That way on the way back to the hotel when he falls asleep I can put him right to bed.

16 days - yahoo!! :cool1:

Home Depot sells Disney paint. Some of the paint chips (you know, the samples you take home with you when you are picking out colors) are in the shape of Mickey's head. They have a color Alien Green that is lime green so it works perfect for identifying DIS members.

Originally posted by Josh's Mom
Okay - first question what is a "home depot mickey chip"? :cool1:

Home Depot has a Disney paint line, and the chips are shaped like Mickey heads. There are two shades of lime green -- I know one is "alien green" but I can't remember the other shade -- that DIS'ers like. We pick up some chips and display them somehow, on clothing or wherever, so if we run into other DIS'ers at WDW, they'll know who we are! :cool:

I didn't know to do this on previous trip so I'm looking forward to seeing how this works!

Thanks for the info. I never would have guessed but that's a great idea. We live at Home Depot so I'll have to do this as well.

16 days!!!! :flower:

Hows Crystal Palace right before the Halloween party? Just got a 415PS for this Sun! Will they be in costume?

i have been to soooooooooo many stores trying to find lime green ribbon, yarn, bric brac.........ugh.......

finally at jo ann's fabric i was told lime green is a spring color and few places have it in stock at this time of the year.
did find a lime green ribbon only about 10 " long in the clearance bin. yoo woo
also a lime green flower applique.that i will put on my belly bag.

getting ready to get ready to go.
leave friday morning............and not even packed yet..........:eek:

In the paint section of Home Depot you can find thin cardboard squares with Mickey heads on them in a multitude of colors. Some Dis'rs pick up the lime green ones and laminate, etc., and wear them when they visit the world so Dis'rs will know them.

Oh I'm so glad someone asked about the Mickey Chip!!! I hope everyone has a great time I can hardley wait to see my DD in the college program it has never been a month since Iv'e not seen her!! :love1:

Originally posted by newholiday
Hows Crystal Palace right before the Halloween party? Just got a 415PS for this Sun! Will they be in costume?

I love their food!! Nice selection. They do not wear costumes.

Hey there!
I just found out about the Disney Chips & DIS members.

I happen to see these MM shaped color samples just a about a week ago and thought they looked really cool. Had no idea at the time, that others out there had already thought of an awesome use for them!

We will be at WDW Oct 9th - 14th. I'll find a way to integrate the mickey chip into my apparel, though it won't be as fancy as some of the others I've read about on here! :)

So do we need to have our autograph books and camera handy if/when we run into a fellow DISer?
We could sign our screen names....
:crazy:
and post our photos on here

I'm so excited about this trip!

For those of you that haven't seen them, here's what the Mickey paint samples look like:

f6ee520a.jpg.thumb.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter