Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

lasmickey, I cannot see your pictures :( and have no idea of how to post them here.

Julie
:earsgirl: princess: :earsgirl: :earsboy:
Only 9d:1h:23m:13s until our 11:30AM arrival at Disneyworld on 10/22/2004.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread but I need some advice....I am second guessing myself.

We are dressing as convicts and the kids costumes very long through the body. We decided that a belt would be easier than trying to have it fitted. Originally, we were thinking of a chain belt (like swing chain) with a clasp to close it (like a metal keg ring). I really like the idea ~ I think it goes with the "theme".

My DH is worried about the chain being considered a "weapon" and the CM's giving us a hard time. The plan B would be to use rope but I am afraid of it being scratchy on the girls arms and difficult to keep tied. It would also be a pain on the many bathroom trips. I am thinking if the chain is considered a weapon I guess a rope could be too??

So what do you think? Should we try the chain / rope / or use a traditional belt and forget the theme??

Thanks in advance!

I have 2 questions that may have been asked previously.

1. Does Pal Mickey know that he's at the Halloween party? Does it change for special occasions?

2. Do they sell Mickey Ears that are different for Halloween?

Thank you!

When does the Headless Horseman ride? How soon do we need to get to the parade route to see him?

About 5 minutes before the parade starts. However, if you are set up to watch the parade in Liberty Square or in Frontierland, the Headless Horseman will ride quite awhile before the parade actually reaches you as he rides before the parade starts on main street.

Oooh- questions I can answer!! (I'm usually the one asking)

Pal Mickey did not say anything related to being at Halloween.

The headless horseman rode before the start of the parade - we went to the 10:00pm one and stood in Liberty Square. We had a great view of him.

We didn't see any different Mickey ears - although I did buy a cool antenna topper- a Mickey bat!

Kajunswty - I wouldn't take the chance of CM's confiscating the chains (JMHO), I'd go with the belts.

My soon to be 13 year old is dressing as a "vampire slayer" (she doesn't know she will be trick-or-treating at Disney World as it's a surprise visit.) We got her costume at "Party City". It's mostly fake leather shirt, pants, and coat to look "cool".

Did anyone see any weapons-type things being confiscated?
Her costume really only has faux metal contraptions that strap on her forearm and leg but the "weapons" - think vampire stake- are truly hidden inside and you have to "pop" them out.

Please give me info if you think I will have a problem.
I truly wouldn't have thought chains on the previous post would be considered a weapon!:(

Originally posted by Kajunswty

. Originally, we were thinking of a chain belt (like swing chain) with a clasp to close it (like a metal keg ring). I really like the idea ~ I think it goes with the "theme".

I wonder if you could find 1 of 2 things. Either fake "plastic" chains at a party store, OR a real belt that happens to be a chain? I totally agree that the chain would be the perfect accessory and just make the costumes perfect! Good luck!

The Pirates of the Caribbean shop sells nifty rubber-like shackles/handcuffs that might work for your convicts. They were about $5 as I recall.

Dh is going as a pirate. He has a little plastic green sword. Do you think the sword is okay?

My family went to the party on 10/3 and we had a wonderful time! If you saw the Superfamily - that was us!
It was great to see Minnie and Mickey in their backyards, the rides were all walk on with no wait, the parade was fantastic and we got lots and lots of good candy! I can't wait to go again next year!

If you would like to see some photos of the night

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=38uifcr.8qtevjpb&x=0&y=-jfymlg

How come Donald was in two different outfits? was that two difference nights? Or was I seeing things --- always possible :)

TFS - they were great... I can't wait to go!

Originally posted by ljb9539
How come Donald was in two different outfits? was that two difference nights? Or was I seeing things --- always possible :)

Most of the major characters had different outfits in the parade than they did around the park. If you notice, Mickey is a scarecrow at his house but a cowboy in the parade.

How come Donald was in two different outfits? was that two difference nights? Or was I seeing things --- always possible

Donald was a pumpkin in Toontown fair and he was some kind of knight in Tomorrowland (across from the new Stitch ride next to the photo stop). Fortunately the kid didn't notice that Donald changed outfits.

response--- at least I wasn't going crazy... I will have to watch for the changing outfits in the parades and in person :)

Thanks!
Laura

Cinderpals, usual costumes for that dinner, but with masks, added, etc.

I didn't think Minnie was even dressed up until she turned around and I saw her ghost face mask.

Wanted to let everybody know that I ordered a Halloween basket from DIS'er Feralpeg (we've discussed in this forum) and it turned out great. I'd highly recommend it. We went to mnsshp 10/8 and that morning, the basket arrived with lots of good candy, adorable stuffed Halloween Mickey and Eeyore (I'd specified two of everything because my two boys have to have everything be equal -- sure y'all know that story) and just great Halloweeny packaging. Big orange box with Halloween wrapping, little Disney ghost and pumpkin accents, etc. As requested, it had a personalized note to the boys, from Mickey. They were thrilled.

It really set the mood for the day, was a great centerpiece at our FW cabin and occupied them well on the long drive home.

Highly recommend, y'all -- affordable too, and I'm not being paid to say this, LOL :p Just PM Feralpeg if you're interested.

Janie

Originally posted by Pegret

If you would like to see some photos of the night

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=38uifcr.8qtevjpb&x=0&y=-jfymlg

Pegret... great pictures. I will be there 10/31.

Did you use a digital camera or was that high speed film? I'm trying to decide whether my digital will work in such poor lighting. Flash is only good so far out and I don't know if I will get the range out of it.

all insight appreciated....

--- Paul in Southern NJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter