Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am afraid to pay $208 for 4 tickets and it rains. I know the event is rain or shine, but I do not want to pay that kind of money for tickets to walk around in the rain.

I can tell you that my family went 2 years ago, and it rained. I mean it POURED! But, we still had a great time. My only complaint about the rain was that the Headless Horseman couldn't start the parade because the road was too slick.

I was going to buy my tickets just a minute ago online, but something is wrong with the link. Is anyone else having problems?

We are going to WDW OCt 25 -31 and I am still on the fence about the MNSSHP. We have a DD 4 and DS 9months. If we end up going, I was thinking to wear my Queen of Hearts costume. . . I wish I could get everyone in coordinated costumes, but I doubt my DD would be Alice again. She will likely be a princess or fairy. :sad2: MIL bought a Tigger outfit for DS but I am not sure I like it. DH looks like Anthony Edwards and would probably dress up too, but we have yet to come up with a good idea. :confused3 Thoughts on the others?

Here is mine:
DSC04005-1.jpg

We are going to WDW OCt 25 -31 and I am still on the fence about the MNSSHP. We have a DD 4 and DS 9months. If we end up going, I was thinking to wear my Queen of Hearts costume. . . I wish I could get everyone in coordinated costumes, but I doubt my DD would be Alice again. She will likely be a princess or fairy. :sad2: MIL bought a Tigger outfit for DS but I am not sure I like it. DH looks like Anthony Edwards and would probably dress up too, but we have yet to come up with a good idea. :confused3 Thoughts on the others?

Here is mine:
DSC04005-1.jpg
Wow! What great costumes!

For your DH, if he looks like Anthony Edwards, why not wear scrubs & a stethoscope and go as Dr. Green?

Wow! What great costumes!

For your DH, if he looks like Anthony Edwards, why not wear scrubs & a stethoscope and go as Dr. Green?

You do recall, of course, that he would have to be the GHOST of Dr. Green, right?????? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

But it IS Halloween, so he'd fit right in!

Will opening night Sept 4th be one of the most popular nights for MNSSHP since it falls on the Friday before labor day? I was thinking first night wouldn't be crowded, but now I'm not sure. Anyone care to guess???

There is plenty of other things to do during MNSSHP that you could just skip the trick or treat lines. My SIL went with her 4 kids last year. One had a peanut allergy and the youngest has Juvenile Diabetes. Neither could have the candy. They did go through a couple of lines just to experience it. When they got back to the room, my SIL gave them the bags of prepared goodies she had for each of them that they were allowed. None of the kids brought their candy back (because of the nuts) and gave it to a young child before leaving the park. At 6, I am sure your daughter knows about her condition and should not blame Disney. This will be one of many situations that she will be a little different in handling. Skipping candy lines because a huge bag of safe candy is back at the room will allow you to enjoy the park and parade and all the fun available.

My son doesn't have allergies or anything like that. He knows that some candy are bad for your teeth than others (yes, I know candy is not good at all but some is actually better than others LOL). He knows his dentist rather him not have gummy type of candy, taffy type of candy or gum at all so he just doesn't eat it. He learned this at age 3. He has no cavities and doesn't want any LOL

ANyway, we will SOME trick or treating at Disney just like home for the experience not the candy. I think I will give most of the candy to the first family I see on the way OUT.

Let the above poster said since your child is 6 and understands her condition that is less time you have to waste while the cool stuff is happening LOL

I'm not giving my kid safe candy since he doesn't eat much but I am giving him a new DS game. My thinking is $30-$40 for a new DS game or hundreds of dollars for the dentist LOL

I asked this in the other MNSSHP before realizing it was the wrong place! And I'm being lazy and haven't checked this thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been asked, but what is the crowd like on Nov. 1?

My sister and I are going to our first MNSSHP, but we're not sure what to expect, given that is after the actual holiday, but so close to the big big day.

Thanks!

I asked this in the other MNSSHP before realizing it was the wrong place! And I'm being lazy and haven't checked this thread yet, so forgive me if this has already been asked, but what is the crowd like on Nov. 1?

My sister and I are going to our first MNSSHP, but we're not sure what to expect, given that is after the actual holiday, but so close to the big big day.

Thanks!

IMHO, it's impossible to predict. They've only had two others after Halloween (2002 and 2007) and one of them sold out and the other didn't; both were on Friday nights.

Can't wait! Just ordered the pattern for our costumes- should be here soon... This will be our 4th MNSSHP!!!!

1. Do the crowds thin out after Hallowishes?

2. Do the characters stay out until the end of the party at midnight or do they finish early?

3. Do the villians come down for a meet & greet after the 11pm performance or do they leave?

4. Where is the best place to watch the parade?

5. Where is the best place to view Hallowishes?

6. Do the buses still run for at least an hour after the party finishes?

7. Are there alot of people there at midnight?

8. Have you stayed until the very end?

9. Any special "good night kiss" or goodby from the park or characters?

10. Going to the party (twice) solo. Will the characters/cm's ignore me in line for photos/autographs?

We will be in the park that morning for breakfast at CP. Can I get our wristbands then, or do I have to wait until 4:00 p.m.? I've searched the boards, but have found differing answers. Thanks!:goodvibes

We will be in the park that morning for breakfast at CP. Can I get our wristbands then, or do I have to wait until 4:00 p.m.? I've searched the boards, but have found differing answers. Thanks!:goodvibes

No, they won't give them to you that early in the day. After 4 PM, they will put out wristband distribution spots in front of the castle. Ask any CM or watch for big signs pointing you in the right direction.

I have looked all over but can't find any information for the halloween fireworks show. TIA.

Terk-1 - your answers
1. yes, crowd will thin out after Hallowishes. Thin out even more after second parade
2. yes, characters stay out until the party ends
3 yes, villains do meet & greet after 11 pm performance.
4. parade route is the same as other MK parades. Some folks like frontierland to see if first, others prefer Main Street. It is your personal preference.
5. I think the Hub is the best place to be to watch hallowishes.
6. yes, buses run - still a very long line after midnight
7. at midnight most of the folks were in line at the bus stops - still a few in the MK
8. yes, I've stayed to see the sweepers come out to clean the walkways.
9. Special goodbye- cast members with giant Mickey hands waving good night and good bye at the end of Main street - also received a full size candy bar at the exit terminal - 1 per person.
10 no problems going solo - all are kids at this event. Adults trick or treat just like the kids. Wear a costume - it adds to the fun.
You will have the opportunity to see lots of Villains at this event.
my answers are based on 2 MNSSHP - 2001 & 2005. I will be going agin this year on 10-15-09

Does anyone know if they still do this? I heard he tells the story at the bell. I hope they still do! Any info would be great! This will be our first Halloween party, and my sister and I are celebrating our b-day's in Oct.
Great site - thanks.
We have loved Disney since first visiting in October 1971! princess:

can't help about any story tellers...didn't see one.

Parade at 8:15 & 10:30. Headless Horseman does lead the parade

Hallowishes at 9:30...awesome fireworks. We watched from the courtyard area next to Carousel in Fantasyland...fireworks go off from all over the park so we just kept turning to see it all.

Does anyone know if they still do this? I heard he tells the story at the bell. I hope they still do! Any info would be great! This will be our first Halloween party, and my sister and I are celebrating our b-day's in Oct.
Great site - thanks.
We have loved Disney since first visiting in October 1971! princess:

The Headless Horseman is in the parade. He rides at the very beginning of the parade, weather permitting.

So I was wondering If Its tabo to wear a non Disney costume?,my DS was dresseing up In the night mare before christmas clouthing but i was thinking of going the sports driction,I was going to wear my Seattle Seahaks jersy and hard helmet?. maybe some sehawk shorts or pants. Just a thought! see what everyone else thought of the idea. Thanks

Terk 1 - based on our experience 9/11/09:

1) Yes, the crowds thinned out after hallowishes but MUCH more after the 2nd parade at 10:30. From 10:30-12:00 was the BEST time for rides! We did have to get off Splash Mtn & Big Thunder, but there really wasn't a line at all.

2) According to the party map, characters only stay out until 11:30. However, some of the characters (the ones that are unique and therefore tend to have lines all night) came out the last time at 11:30 and stayed until the line cleared.

3) I would think they come out after that performance, but I didn't personally witness it. It's called a mix and mingle - the mingle is part of the performance.

4) The parade route is the same. We watched it at the beginning, near Splash Mtn for the 2nd parade. I'd say the whole route was still filled in pretty well by onlookers. It's a GREAT parade. I'd have to say one of my faves.

5) We watched Hallowishes from right under tinkerbell's line (no tink in this version) and felt we had a great view. I think the end of main street by the hub would probably be the very best.

6) The buses will continue to run for all of the resorts until they get an all clear from the busses at the stops - in other words you won't be stranded.

7&8) I left the park at about 12:10 - after standing in line at the photopass place to get my free print from the free dining package. There were only a few people on main street doing shopping. The line at photo pass starting at about 11:45 was LONG! Definitely the longest one I waited in all night except for two rare character lines.

9)Didn't see any kiss goodnight- I was in the photopass line, though.

10) We saw lots of people that were adults w/o kids or by themselves whatever. Everyone is treated equally. No one was rushed through or passed over. It's Disney. They're always great about that stuff! (Besides, we're ALL really kids anyway, right? :thumbsup2)

seadd67 - we saw LOTS of non-disney costumes - infact, more than disney ones. A sports costume would be perfectly appropriate! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter