• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's not so scary halloween party

3kidsdisney

I am taking my 3 kids to disney in October, they are 4yrs. old and twins 2 years old. has anyone gone to the mickey halloween party and any advice on my kids being so young??? I really would like to go but am not sure if the ywill be too young and afraid. Any suggestions?

We will be going for the first time this year with DD's (ages 3 and 10 months).

Here is a link to Deb Wills site for more info: link.

The party is very kid-friendly and not scary at all. The only problem I see with kids your age is keeping them awake for the entire party, since it does run so late. You'll want to be sure that everyone has a good, long nap that afternoon.

We went to the party a couple of years ago when the kids were 5 and 7 and we had a blast!! There's trick-or-treating, characters dressed in costume, a special Halloween parade and fireworks, and the park is not as crowded so you can easily ride most of the rides.

You can read more about the party right here on the DIS: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Have fun!

We went to this last year with DDs 7 and not quite 2 year old and had such a fantastic night its top of our must do again list for next year. The majority of kids all dress up. There's is trick or treating stands throughout the park and on some rides the CMs hand out sweets before getting on. The parade was brilliant. The rides reasonably quiet. We even managed to stay pretty much to the end but I would suggest with little ones, especially if you have a buggy (stroller) you leave a little before the end to avoid the masses.

Go! you'll have a great time.

Annmarie

Thanks for the advice, I think we will do it. I had planned on a quiet day, maybe just staying at the hotel pool and a long nap for the kids. I am sure i will be too tired to stay to the end so we will leave early but I am sure we will enjoy. Thanks again.

We attended it last year with DD (8) and DS twins (3, 3). We had a great time. That day we did not go to a park, instead we hung around the pool and the boys took a nap. After their nap, the kids got dressed, they were the Aristocats. We got to the MK a little early and they let us in with our wristband. This worked great because as everyone else was leaving we rode - Teacups, Pooh, race cars, merry go round, dumbo. The kids liked the parade and the fireworks. It did get really crowded later in the night so we left early.

Well let me chime in here too! Erich and I have been to MNSSHP the last 7 years...he's 8 right now.The party is VERY kid friendly,nothing real scarey except a few of the Villians in the parade.If your kids have a particular baddie that they don't like it might be a good idea not to stand right at the street for the parade.Fantasyland is the No Scare Zone for the evening so it's really safe there!

Last year Erich and my step son Jonathan dressed as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.Alot of the Cast members working were in the age group that the Turtles were biggies when they were kids.The boys got to ride Space Mountain twice in a row because the cast members were fans!The boys LOVED that!

I also recommend taking it easy the day of the party.We went to the Marketplace,ate at RFC then back to our room.Joe and I napped while the boys watched cartoons! LOL!

MNSSHP is a fun ,relaxed,not real crowded, safe place to spend Halloween!

We are taking DD and her best friend(both are 11) to the party this year but I was really trying to avoid packing costumes because they take up sooo much space in the suitcase. My question.....will they feel out of place not dressed up???

Thanks!!!
Laura

Sugarplum

I don't know if they'd feel left out but what about shipping the costumes?? We are going to MNSSHP on the 17th and all of us; me, DH and DD(3) are going to be costumed. To save us the space we'll just ship everything up UPS and use the return label to send them back before we leave. Plus we can send some of the extras, ie gifts for friends and family back too. :D

Thanks for the idea!!! We will definitely look into that!!! DD and best friend have it in their heads to "make" a costume. They are both fairly creative so I was a little scared but if we can't do the shipping, they are going to fabric paint a t-shirt, shorts, socks, and cheap tennis shoes so that they "match". Thanks again for your help!!!

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter