Mickeys not so scary Halloween party

When I look at my August trip under My Itinerary in MDE it shows park hours for each day. For Friday, August 17th, it shows Magic Kingdom closing at 6:00pm. Maybe that's the first date?

upload_2018-2-14_15-31-51.png

When I look at my August trip under My Itinerary in MDE it shows park hours for each day. For Friday, August 17th, it shows Magic Kingdom closing at 6:00pm. Maybe that's the first date?

View attachment 302503
I saw that too. My first thought was wow, that is pretty early in August, but you never know. Maybe they figured that by having a party earlier in August, they would get extra business from visitors from the North East who have to get back home for school by the beginning of September.

View attachment 302503
I really doubt it. That's pretty early and 600 closing isn't the right time, should be looking for 7pm closing for MNSSHP, but 600 closing also is def. not normal for Aug. or really any time of year. Perhaps there's a private event????

I really doubt it. That's pretty early and 600 closing isn't the right time, should be looking for 7pm closing for MNSSHP, but 600 closing also is def. not normal for Aug. or really any time of year. Perhaps there's a private event????

Closing time for MVMCP in 2017 was 6:00, and there was much speculating that 6:00 closing would be the norm for both MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2018.

Closing time for MVMCP in 2017 was 6:00, and there was much speculating that 6:00 closing would be the norm for both MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2018.
That was my thought, as well, with the change to closing time for MVMCP this past year. And Aug 17 is only one week earlier than the Friday opening for MNSSHP last year (Aug 25). The earlier date would not surprise me given that the special events keep increasing in popularity/attendance - as this thread and the companion watch threads for 2018 MVMCP demonstrate.

I’m fine with both parties, but I’m not a fan of the calendar creep for party season. Although I will be amused in a few years at the threads asking if WDW does special fireworks or if guests dress in patriotic costumes for the July 4 MNSSHP.

There is a thread on wdwmagic that confirms that in 2018 MK will close at 6:00 for MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter