• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickeys Not So scary Halloween Party

cjsmom5

DIS Veteran
Curious - have read information on other sites/videos where people said for sold out events like Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party they were able to walk up the afternoon of the party and get tickets? Any experience with this?

Last edited:
From what I've seen on the socials, there have been signs up from the beginning that the event is sold out. No walk-ups.

Curious - have read threads where people said for sold out events like Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween party they were able to walk up the afternoon of the party and get tickets? Any experience with this?

Which thread?

I have never seen walk-ups available for a MNSSHP party (or MVMCP) unless you are an active member of the military. In the past, eBay was the only place to get sold out tickets. There’s 2 on there right now.

Which thread?

I have never seen walk-ups available for a MNSSHP party (or MVMCP) unless you are an active member of the military. In the past, eBay was the only place to get sold out tickets. There’s 2 on there right now.

Yup - saw a couple videos that mentioned they watched people do that ... not sure if they are true or not ... but was curious. Interesting they are for sale on ebay as they are not authorized to do so for Disney.

I have seen the sign for day of tickets on sold out days. Disney has over sold the event in the past. I doubt they will stop. It's crazy crowded and over priced for the short amount of time you get.

In the past for each and every MNSSHP, any sold out party did not have any tickets available for purchase at the window.
Strangely, this wasn't true for last year's Boo Bash, when we were able to purchase tickets on a sold out night.
I can see how this can get confusing.

Yup - saw a couple videos that mentioned they watched people do that ... not sure if they are true or not ... but was curious. Interesting they are for sale on ebay as they are not authorized to do so for Disney.

Recent videos from this past week? Or videos from the 2020-2021 Boo Bash After Hours Event?

For the hybrid Boo Bash event, yes, they did sell walk-ups on sold out nights.

eBay has allowed the sale of NEW tickets for years, and Disney has never put a stop to them. I personally wouldn’t buy, but party tickets are lucrative.

Not sure about the Party. But I do remember people reporting this last year at the Disney Halloween After Hours event. So it is entirely possible it’s happening.

Which thread?

Just as an fyi - We saw this often pre covid and even during covid for the event that they had at that time. We didn't buy tickets but talked to several and saw online people being filmed doing it. So, I knew it had happened in the past. But wasn't sure if that was still the case.

In the past for each and every MNSSHP, any sold out party did not have any tickets available for purchase at the window.
Strangely, this wasn't true for last year's Boo Bash, when we were able to purchase tickets on a sold out night.
I can see how this can get confusing.
Yes. I agree. That is why I asked about this year. We did, however, in the past, watch people buy MNSSHP tickets even though it said sold out. Not quite sure of the exact application of the policy or if there is one.

Someone posted in the Facebook group for MNSSHP that they were told, after calling and speaking to cast members in ticketing, that it's probably unlikely to get a ticket on sold-out days because so many people are looking for extra tickets.

The 3 of us arrive in Orlando on Sept 18 .

One of us from India via the UK at just 6 pm.- she has never been to WDW- went to Disneyland maybe 35-40 yrs ago. She leaves for Philadelphia on Sep 22 at noon time.
The 2 of us leave Orlando on Sept 25; we have to several of these events in the past (pre-covid).

I was thinking of best showing 1 day (or 1 evening) to our friend (from India) to one WDW theme park by seeing the Magic Kingdom at the the special event at

Mickeys Not So scary Halloween Party​

That week, options are Sept 18 evening (on the evening after she arrives on a flight from the UK- but in business class) - but even if she arrives on time - is it worth it for a few hours where she is jet lagged?

or Sept 20, 2022- but that evening is right now sold out; If there is any way of getting tickets to a sold out event on a week night where the demand for tickets is lower than a weekend; and the demand for tickets in Sept for tickets is lower than the demand in Oct.

Any thoughts.

PS-We were planning to go to this event on Sept 20 ; and do other things on Sept 19 and 21.
Do getting the Mickey party tickets allow one to enter the Magic Kingdom early as in past years- ? 3 pm.

One of us from India via the UK at just 6 pm.- she has never been to WDW- went to Disneyland maybe 35-40 yrs ago. She leaves for Philadelphia on Sep 22 at noon time.
The 2 of us leave Orlando on Sept 25; we have to several of these events in the past (pre-covid).

I was thinking of best showing 1 day (or 1 evening) to our friend (from India) to one WDW theme park by seeing the Magic Kingdom at the the special event at

That week, options are Sept 18 evening (on the evening after she arrives on a flight from the UK- but in business class) - but even if she arrives on time - is it worth it for a few hours where she is jet lagged?

or Sept 20, 2022- but that evening is right now sold out; If there is any way of getting tickets to a sold out event on a week night where the demand for tickets is lower than a weekend; and the demand for tickets in Sept for tickets is lower than the demand in Oct.

Any thoughts.

PS-We were planning to go to this event on Sept 20 ; and do other things on Sept 19 and 21.
Do getting the Mickey party tickets allow one to enter the Magic Kingdom early as in past years- ? 3 pm.

I don't have any information on getting tickets to sold-out parties. Anyone with only MNSSHP tickets may enter MK starting at 4:00 pm.

I have seen the sign for day of tickets on sold out days. Disney has over sold the event in the past. I doubt they will stop. It's crazy crowded and over priced for the short amount of time you get.
It is back to normal time now ... unlike last year's that was shortened.

Any thoughts.

Can enter the party at 4pm.

Yes. I agree. That is why I asked about this year. We did, however, in the past, watch people buy MNSSHP tickets even though it said sold out. Not quite sure of the exact application of the policy or if there is one.
Boo Bash '21 and '22 occurred just like all the After Hours Events, was a much looser after hour event without any party components that impact operations. Selling last minute tickets was always a thing.

Now MNSSHP or MVMCP I don't believe that ever occurred. Sold Out signs were what they said. NOW folks could go to the window to pick up their WILL CALL, exchange VOUCHERS or purchase with MILITARY ID day of so perhaps there is some confusion happening with that. I imagine that what they "were watching" is maybe not what they thought was happening.

One can try but so far three sold out nights ... I haven't heard of anyone able to buy on arrival ... guess we just watch for reports but I would have a back up plan.

We have been so many times, and for us it is not a big deal. Was just curious if anyone had any experience with this ... this year. I think the demand is so high that they probably would not sell any on the night of the event. But ... one never knows. From the reports, the crowds are pretty darn good for a separate ticketed event, and I am not sure we would be okay with that, either. In the past many rides would be walk on. I am seeing reported that even during the weekdays waits are 30 minutes or more. Now that isn't bad, at all compared to the regular day, I agree, it is just more than we would probably want. Alas, I didn't buy tickets ... so we won't know. I did however, buy my Mickeys Very Merry Christmas party tickets. Now that I would not miss!!!

Any thoughts.

Are you staying onsite? If you’re at a deluxe or DVC resorts, those resorts get 2 extra evening hours on Wednesday the 21st. No extras like at the party, but the crowds & ride wait times should be much better.

I booked a reservation for next month.
I got an email about the reservation.

Here is an excerpt of that email that confuses me:

Thank you for your recent ticket purchase. Please see below for details.

Don't Forget! You Still Have to Make a Reservation.

Now that you have a ticket, it's time to make a theme park reservation for entry via the Disney Park Pass system.

I thought I had a reservation when I bought the ticket- at least if I come at 7 pm?
If I want to come at 4 pm- do I have to make the reservation for that day - and if no reservations available, then I can not come in until 7 pm?

PS-I am staying at a timeshare resort, outside of Lake Buena Vista (in Orlando).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter