Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

mkymse9

Mouseketeer
Have the dates of MVMCP for 2004 been released yet? Also, any idea when the tickets will go up for sale. I'm going to WDW Dec. 9-13. I've never been to WDW at this time of year and heard so many great things about the party that I really want to book it.

Thanks for any info.

Donna ºoº
LI, NY

:earsgirl:

Mouseplanet reported the following tentative dates on Monday. This dates have not been officially announced, but these willl probably be the dates they go with

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
October 1, 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29 and 31.

November 28 and 30, December 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 17.

Remember, in the past minor changes have been made to these schedules even after the dates have been offically announced. There is a small chance a date may be canceled or moved. I wouldn't make Iron clad plans based on a specific date until you have actually bought the ticket.

This is more of a Theme Parks Question...

Sarangel

Originally posted by WDWHound
Mouseplanet reported the following tentative dates on Monday. This dates have not been officially announced, but these willl probably be the dates they go with

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
October 1, 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29 and 31.

November 28 and 30, December 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, and 17.

These dates are fairly close in proximity to what it was last year, but as WDWHound stated, don't make plans until the dates become official.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole MVMCP experience. It was nice to be able to get on some of the popular rides without too long of a wait. The Christmas Parade was a very magical experience, and the special edition of the "Wishes" fireworks show was tremendous. I would say the only thing that didn't work out was that I was the only one that got to see the snow on Main Street. DW and kids were already staking out a parade spot when I went souvenir and hot chocolate hunting.

Definitely book it. You will enjoy it.

Brian

I have a question to add- how often does MVMCP sell out? And how quickly? I know we can't read the future, but I am just wondering what has happened in the past. This is my first year going in December, and am just wondering if I have to snap up tickets right away, or if they'll be available to buy later.
Thanks!

The last day of MVMCP, usually it's a Friday, will sell out fastest. Because more people arrive closer to Xmas. Fridays if any will sell out because the local population will come up for that.

Other days of the week usually don't sell out.

Is this not the THEME PARKS, attractions and strategies board? I see the Christmas Party as an ATTRACTION and if there's questions about it then I would post here and get the correct STRATEGY. Where else do you want it posted? Is there just a theme park thread? If so, please point it me as I've never seen it.

I'm sorry but I cannot stand when someone comes in and says that a certain thread shouldn't be posted where it was. Just move it if you see fit.

I'm personally glad this information was here because I wanted to know about MVMCP, also. So, thank you mkymse9 for asking!

Thank you everyone for your info and your support.
I will keep my eyes open for the definite event dates and sale dates. I am very much looking forward to doing the MVMCP since this is my first visit during this time of the year.

Donna ºoº

I think last year there were two, possibly three nights that sold out. Usually these will be weekend nights, so if you're planning on going on a S-Th, then you'll probably be ok. I know the last Friday it ran in 03 sold out, and I think the Friday or Saturday of the first week of December sold out as well.

Brian

If these dates are true, then we will miss out since we aren't returning from our Disney Cruise until the 19th. :(
Being that close to Christmas, do you think most of the parades and shows will be running daily for those of us that will miss the parties?

Originally posted by Joyciemc
I have a question to add- how often does MVMCP sell out? And how quickly? I know we can't read the future, but I am just wondering what has happened in the past. This is my first year going in December, and am just wondering if I have to snap up tickets right away, or if they'll be available to buy later.
Thanks!

Usually the last Friday sells out first, in November some time. Then the other Fridays. We always go on Sunday or Tuesday and get tickets when we arrive at the resort. As long as you buy them before the party date, you get the advance discount.

We won't be arriving til the 16th, should we bother going, or will the crowds be too bad since it is one of the last ones?

I've just skimmed through this thread and I didn't see any reference on how to get tickets.

Where do I go to get tickets? Can I get them through AAA?

Originally posted by Babyfatt
I've just skimmed through this thread and I didn't see any reference on how to get tickets.

Where do I go to get tickets? Can I get them through AAA?

1-407-W-DISNEY

OR

OR

at WDW at Guest Relations

I talked to Disney day before yesterday (4/27/04). They said the tickets were going on sale in May. He didn't give me a date so I am going to call back on Monday morning. I'll keep you 'posted' on what they say.

I believe they will deliver the tickets you your hotel upon arrival.

I called and spoke to a representative just the other day and she said "Early May". She didn't have an exact date yet, but said to call back "next week". I'll probably try to call tomorrow!

I called Disney day before yesterday (4/27/04). They said ticket are going on sale in May for all of the dates. I am going to call back on Monday morning.

I'll keep you posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter