Mid september of mid november

Daisy_74

Earning My Ears
Please help Not sure if we should go in September of November ? Best weather and less crowd ?
We would really love to see Halloween or Christmas time

By mid September Halloween time will have started, and by mid November Christmas time will have started. Both holidays bring in lots of people, and will be very similar crowd wise. It will be good during the week morning and afternoon, but expect it to be very busy in the evenings and especially weekends as locals swarm the parks to enjoy the new seasons, and to see the new offerings. weather wise expect September to be very hot, even in the evenings. November is still warm, shorts during the day, early mornings might require a bit of layering. Evenings cool down quite a bit so bring a hoodie. I think it really just depends which holiday you would like to see more.

Oh ok thanks for the information, I was expected that one of the season would be quieter. I'm from Canada so on holiday we hope to have some heat ... but sometime in the park it's more pleasant with a average temperature. Can we compare Anaheim to Orlando in September ?

September is probably the hottest month of the year in southern California. You often have the Santa Ana winds blowing and lots of forrest fires and smoke in the air, even in Anaheim sometimes. October through December is the busiest time of the year at Disneyland but its also the best time to go imho. October can be hot in the day but often cools off nicely in the evening. November can be warm as well but nights are usually cool. Then again if you are coming from Canada.

Crowds are usually BIG from October to December but as long as you know that and accept that it will be really crowded, you can have a great time. But regardless of what you read from these bogus crowd predictor websites, its always crowded at Disneyland. Just pick a time that is good for you and go but try to avoid Veterans day in November, Thanksgiving and anytime near Christmas and you will be fine. Personally Halloween time is my favorite time of the year for the decorations and the food. Disneyland really brings out their best seasonal food during Halloween. Good luck and have a great time!!

Both seasons are a lot of fun, so it really depends on whether you like Halloween or Christmas more. Three attractions have consistently gotten major holiday overlays: Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, and It's a Small World Holiday. (Last year, they did not do Jingle Cruise and there hasn't been any indications whether it'll return in the future or not.) HMH is presented from the start of HalloweenTime through the end of the holidays, so theoretically you can see it during either time period. In terms of decorations, the entire resort is decorated for the holidays. They expanded the Halloween decor last year so that it was in both DL and DCA.

In terms of weather...DLR can be very hot in September, but it doesn't feel as humid as FL.

We went mid-ish September this year. The 11th - 13th. The crowds were OK, but the hours were shorter (parks were opening at 10:00 and closing at 9:00). I really don't care for 10:00 am park openings. Although, I'm not dealing with time changes since I live on the West Coast. I love a good early morning rope drop...the parks are much less crowded for the first couple of hours when they open at 8:00 am vs. open at 10:00 am. I'm not sure what the historical hours are for mid-Nov...but it's something I would take into consideration.

...I'm from Canada so on holiday we hope to have some heat ... but sometime in the park it's more pleasant with a average temperature. Can we compare Anaheim to Orlando in September ?
Not really... Orlando is humid, CA is dry. I have fam from FL who absolutely melted in our 100 degree heat one summer. My smug self learned the difference when I went to FL in mid 80s in a freaky hot Nov and absolutely melted. I'm still fairly certain my BFF & I were close to collapsing if we hadn't gotten some shade, water & AC- & we both grew up (and still live in) 100+ CA summers. CA & FL climates are so very different.

I'd look up historical starts to Xmas/ Holiday Time and if they coincide with your Nov trip I'd do that one. Otherwise I'd do Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter