Midday downtime

HollyMD

DIS Veteran
For those of you that take a mid-day break at the hotel, how much time do you usually allow yourselves? We are staying at AKV for the first time in Oct, so I for sure want to spend some time enjoying the resort, but part of me thinks I have too much total time allotted, and may need to cut our breaks shorter a couple of days. So I am just curious how much time other people allow themselves for rest, swim, etc.

Typically we only take breaks when the parks are open later. We usually do about 3-4 hours that will give us about 2 hours of swimming time.

We found that 2-3 hours was plenty of time and didn't take too much away from our park time. We factored in about an hour for travel between the parks and our resort and it worked pretty well that way for the most part. If we weren't going to sleep or swim, we often needed less time. If you want some pool time, you may want to be a bit more lenient with your breaks. Transportation adds a bit of a curve ball into the mix because you sometimes get lucky, and other times not, if you are relying on Disney transportation. With your own care (except at MK where you have the TTC and parking lot to navigate) you will probably have more time to yourselves.

3-4 hours. By 1 or 2 pm we need a rest. We head back out by 5 or 6 to catch the evening entertainment

About 3 hrs usually for us unless DH wants to swim and then it's usually about 4. Usually leave the parks around 1pm (right after lunch) and head back just before dinner.

I'll allot 1 hour to commute from the park to the resort, about 2 hours at the resort, and then an hour to get from resort to park. So a total of at least 4 hours break time. We use our breaks to shower and change, since we travel during the hot weather often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter