Middle name not on flight boarding pass?

2boysmom1998

Mouseketeer
I was looking at my itinerary for my flight and for some reason my middle name is not on it. Does anyone know if that makes a difference? Do I need my middle name on my boarding pass to fly? My middle name is on my license so do they need to match exactly. This is the first time this has happened to me.

No problem. I never use a middle name on flights or boarding pass. Just because my license has a middle initial, I've never been asked or questioned about the lack of a middle name listed in my travel documents. Enjoy your flight and vacation!

You should call your airline and ask them to write in your middle name. Better be safe..

Middle names are not used like first & last names. I have my middle initial on my license & same does my daughter & they have never asked us & we fly a few times a year so, you should be fine.

It definitely does not matter. We fly SW multiple times a year. I never use middle names anymore and we both have full middle names on our DL. --The one thing I have learned is to be consistent. I had credit from two different flights, and could not combine them as one had my middle name and one did not. (It never occurred to me to call SW and ask for them to change one, but I suspect that I was able to use the credit eventually anyways)

When all the tougher security started, the airlines would ask for your name exactly as it appeared on your ID, because the names on your ticket and ID had to match exactly. That obviously is not the case anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter