Might have to postpone June to December?!? ..

We need to look at our tickets and our airfare and see what the dates are for postponing. Do Disney tickets have expiration dates usually? I could PROBABLY talk kids into February, or something, which would make baby 3 months, which would be better!

The idea of either being in the park in summer while pregnant or bringing a 1 month old there fill me with dread so I would totally postpone until February.

Been there in Feb.. once. nice weather but not so cool that we couldn't dip in the pool after a long day at the parks...
It was probably the slowest time ever.... if I could get away with it today..i go every FEB but now that the kids are in school.. no such luck . :(

Been there in Feb.. once. nice weather but not so cool that we couldn't dip in the pool after a long day at the parks...
It was probably the slowest time ever.... if I could get away with it today..i go every FEB but now that the kids are in school.. no such luck . :(

My daughter is in school, but we don't do annual vacations during school year, so this would have to be an exception.

I just can't decide what to do! Ugh! February feels like a million years away, but I am getting nervous about June being 22 weeks pregnant! hmm..

I dunno, we do have 6 nights at our hotel, and 5 days in the park, so if i have to take breaks daily, kids could still do all they wanted, I think.

And the use of the scooter, would be a huge relief for me VS walking all that everyday pregnant, but the heat would still be a factor.

My daughter is in school, but we don't do annual vacations during school year, so this would have to be an exception.

I just can't decide what to do! Ugh! February feels like a million years away, but I am getting nervous about June being 22 weeks pregnant! hmm..

I dunno, we do have 6 nights at our hotel, and 5 days in the park, so if i have to take breaks daily, kids could still do all they wanted, I think.

And the use of the scooter, would be a huge relief for me VS walking all that everyday pregnant, but the heat would still be a factor.

How do you think you will feel when FEB finally gets here and you already went in June or DEC. You can't win that one! :(

I would probably just stick with the current plan and go in JUNE. last time with just the 2 kiddos.. then by FEB you will be planning your first trip with 3 kiddos!!!!

We took our firstborn to DL when she was 7 months and that was not a very fun trip. At only one month old, she'll need constant nursing and naps. Plus her immune system will be weak. AND babies can't pop their ears on planes, so prepare for non-stop crying on that flight. I know it's hard to push off a DL trip, but unless you get released for a June trip, I would wait until next June. Yes, it's disappointing, but that baby's life and health should be #1. That's coming from a father of 3 who always wanted to go to Disney but had to wait to plan trips until they were old enough. BTW, the 7 months I listed above ISN"T old enough. Really really tough at that age. 1 1/2 is when all three of my kids flew to WDW and they were great trips with few complications. Just a little fatherly advice.

Coming from a mom who had a c section in Sept and took her baby in Dec and had a lot!!! Of pregnancy complications- go in Dec!! We love the decor (only crummy part is it will be swamped- the early part of Dec is much easier to navigate the crowds) so that part is better. Plus if you are pregnant you will be tired, hurting from all the walking, etc, unable to go on a lot of rides and let's be honest heat and pregnancy--- no no no lol when you take a little one like that it is SO easy- bring an ergo or other good carrier and a good stroller and honestly they sleep most of the time (it's the following year when they're walking and eating real food that's tougher lol). I had a great time with my 3 month old and other then missing a few adult rides because we couldn't switch (he was nursing or sleeping in the ergo) it was so easy. It's each to their own but as someone with a similar pregnancy time of year and rough pregnancy I'd really recommend Dec. oh the only caveat is that we were very very careful to keep DS away from people as much as possible- covers on the diaper changers, nobody touching him, I kept him 99% in the carrier (which I was able to pull the cover up and nurse him anywhere even in lines waiting for rides and nobody could tell at all) which adds some weight to you walking but kept him close, safe and germ free- we were there during the measels scare 2 years ago with him and he had only had his first set of shots and we all came out healthy. Congrats, good luck and no matter when you go it'll be awesome!!! Please feel free to pm me if you want too

I totally get wanting to go to DL. I think about it everyday, it's like an illness with me! But I want to gently warn a parent of a newborn to avoid crowded places such as wonderful DL that has any number of germs floating around. Doctors take newborn fevers very seriously. So please consider this, learn from your doctor about what a newborn fever work-up entails, and talk to him/her about the best time to go.

I took a seven week old baby to WDW in August and I love dl at Christmas but postponing to February might be a better option. Your tickets if already purchased will have an expiry date of December 31st, but you can take them to a ticket window and get the price of the old ticket applied to a new ticket.

Your tickets if already purchased will have an expiry date of December 31st, but you can take them to a ticket window and get the price of the old ticket applied to a new ticket.

Nothing incorrect about this information, but I will add, that depending on when you bought your tickets, the expiration date could be Dec. 31, 2016 or Dec. 31, 2017. Tickets currently being sold on the Disneyland website have Dec. 31, 2017 expiration.

I am in the vote of go in December, just because pregnancy complications to me far outweigh taking a 1 month old baby. I have not been in December although, but have heard it is a great time to go. As far as an infant in Disneyland I took my 5 week old daughter, I asked her doctor he said yes of course. He said she still had immunities from me from birth and he said go ahead and expose her to real life it won't hurt her ;-) I didn't breast feed though so that would be my concern just the worry about when & where ;) We then went when she was 9 months old, I'd say the 5 weeks was easier lol. My mom & I still reminisce about the infant stage trip because now she is 10 and wants everything haha.

For breastfeeding in the parks (if you do bf) I fed my son everywhere! In (WDW) Country Bear Jamboree, in line in Silly Symphony to meet Donald and Goofy, in the Baby Care Centers, eating ice cream in Fantasyland, at the table in restaurants (pretty much every one we ate at), on the boat to Fort Wilderness, Carousel of Progress, at my sister's wedding, watching Fantasmic... Basically if we did it, I fed the baby there!

This is what many of our pictures look like from that trip:
image.jpeg

I wouldn't take a two month old to the parks in December. I had a baby who was born in August and almost was hospitalized due to RSV in December. She hadn't been around anybody but our families when she got sick. There are too many people who are sick and a baby that young is too fragile IMO to be around that many people. RSV is no joke. Both of my girls got it (the oldest from daycare) and both now have Reactive Airway Disease, causing them to be on nebi treatments at least once a day (oldest it is three times a day). This is all because of the RSV.

And the other thing to consider is what happens if you have a c-section? There is no way I could have gone on any trip 8 weeks after a c-section, let alone one month.

I don't know exactly how old your baby will be in December, but just one thing to be aware of. A fever in a neonate who is < 1 month is a much bigger deal than a fever in a baby > 1 month old. In most cases, any baby that is < 1 month old who has a fever will undergo a relatively aggressive evaluation, which often includes a lumbar puncture (spinal tap). It sounds though that your baby will probably be older than 1 month by December, and I would be much more comfortable traveling with a baby that is > 1 month old.

I was just at the parks over the weekend and there were pregnant women EVERYWHERE!! And babies in slings & carriers!

If you do go in December I'd avoid the last 2 weeks of December. Those are the most busy days, right? (Any vet's feel free to chime in) At least that's what a PhotoPass photog was telling us. He said "You don't want to come those 2 weeks of December that your blocked anyway!" (we have Deluxe APs)

Good luck! Congrats!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter