Mike' Make Over Madness!

Michael Logan!! Get your butt in here!!! :rotfl2:

Seriously though, I hope all is well and maybe you are busy with a new job and that's why you haven't touched base in a while.

Just want to say I've been thinking of you and I hope things are good.

Hi All!!

I am still here, alive and kicking!!! Sorry that I have been absent of late. It was really not my intention but sometimes life and technology gets in the way. My computer went down for a bit and then I have just had a lot of stuff going on family wise. Physically though, I am great. Today is actually the last day of my strict Paleo challenge. So tomorrow will be first weigh in, in a month!! I am exciting to get myself weighed and measured to see the measurable results of the changes I have made. I can already tell you that eating this clean for a month has made a world of difference when it comes to how I actually feel. I mean I don't feel bloated at all anymore, my cravings really are non-existent, and my skin feels & looks great. Once the challenge ends my plan is to shoot for 90% compliance with the same strict Paleo plan with some structured deviations which will most likely be the occasional beer or some cheese. I will have to see how my body reacts to adding foods back in and see how I feel, etc. I will say that the biggest change of all this past month is that I can now honestly say that I know what it means to feel hungry. And I don't mean the sugar/crap food driven cravings of old, or the hunger driven by emotions or boredom, but honest to goodness real hunger. Slowly I am learning to trust the new me, and it feels great!!

I am still looking for work, so that situation has not improved. It is not a happy situation but I am making it through as best I can. Also, my sister has convinced me to keep my Disney birthday dreams alive for next year so I am keeping hope alive. I am thinking next year may be a Disneyland trip again, as she lives near there and then we will do Disney World the next year when all of the new stuff is open. I really want to ride the Seven Dwarfs coaster! hehe.

So anyway, I apologize again for taking away my support for this past few weeks, I know that that is not a nice thing to do. I hope that you are all doing well and I will catch up with you all very soon!!

Mike

I'm glad most things are well for you. Sorry the work stuff isn't working out though. Hopefully something will come about soon.

I'm excited to hear the results. Not weighing in for a month would freak me out!! I hope it's a great number. It sounds like you are doing well with the other physical changes.

Post back when you can.

Hi Mike -

I kept staring at your ticker and wondering if I wasn't reading it right. But, WOW! Congratulations on losing 250 pounds! I haven't yet read through this entire thread, but.. WOW!!!

I'm looking forward to the results of your post-Paleo weigh-in, and to following the rest of your journey.

S

Thank you guys!!

Two quick bits of update from yesterday:

First, last night I got a phone call offering me an interview for a job, yay! I am hopeful but not too hopeful. Cross your fingers for me!

And second, today I weighed in and measured myself for the results of my 30 days of strict Paleo. I am down 17lbs and 12 inches! For now I am going to go back to weighing myself weekly, and will shoot for a 90% compliance with the strict Paleo plan, with some planned deviations.

Feeling hopeful for my goal of getting out of the 300s this summer! :-)

Fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyeballs! They are all crossed for you!!!! I hope the interview goes well.

Congrats on the 17/12! that is just awesome Mike. I'm so proud of you! You can definitely be out of the 300's by the end of summer, you can do anything!

Have you thought anymore about the stairs race? Are you going to do it?

Keep us posted on the job interview. Hey you need a new suit!!! Go shop and show off that new body!

Still kickin', just haven't had too much to write about of late, still got my head in the game. Last week was a bit shaky gym wise but I was still on point with my food. Weighed in last week with no loss, but then this week was down 5lbs. Trying to stay on path for my goal of getting out of the 300s this summer. I still feel like it is possible!!

Otherwise not much change in my life. I do have a job interview today that I am excited for and nervous about. It is the follow up in person interview to the phone interview that I mentioned in my last post. Wish me luck!

And yes Buffy, I am still thinking I will do the stairs next year. Looking for other similar challenges/walks/etc. I'll post if I find any I'm going to do!

Mike

OH Second interview is a really good step!! Will keep praying for you.

Dude, you are so close to the 200's. I'm so excited for you! And your goal is not far behind. Your slider looks marvelous!

Let me know if you find anything race wise. You can do anything!!

You are doing amazing Mike! You are doing a great job of just plugging away at it and putting in the consistency. I am so proud of you - really, you are quite awesome. :love:

Briefdly caught up. Looks like you are doing AMAZING! Hope you got the job!

:grouphug:

Hi everyone! and thank you for checking in on me!!! Especially to my new visitors!!

This has been a very stressful start to the summer for a few reasons. As you all know, I lost my job in the Spring, and just this past week the family company I was laid off from finally had to close their doors. It was their 40th year in operation and now means that a huge chunk of my family, including my dad, are unemployed. In a way it is a lot like a family member has died, the company was always there. A true constant in our lives. It is just sad to see it go.

Also, the collapse of the company has caused some pretty extreme reactions in some family members, including my stepmother, who decided to take her usual route when stressed out and dump all of her issues on me, in a pretty mean, hurtful manner. This has been her way for the past 30 years and every time she does it, for my father's sake and family peace, I accept her apologies, and chalk it up to her usual insanity. Not this time, I just can't do it anymore. I'm way to old to keep someone in my life who seems to enjoy kicking me when I am at my lowest. I won't do it. My dad completely understands, though he misses me coming around for holidays/parties, like today. I still see him and talk to him a lot, just without her around. I am not sure what the next step will really be but I know that I can't just forgive and forget anymore. You can only pet a lion so many times before you realize it has eaten both your hands.

Add all of that into my prolonged job search and saying my stress levels have been high, is an understatement! But I have perservered, and kept at my weight loss plan. My eating has been great, and aside from the past week, my working out has been too. Just 19 more pounds and I will reach my goal of getting out of the 300s by the end of the summer! I see it is truly in reach!! This will be the first time I am out of the 300s since the early 90s I think! I am very excited.

Also... big news...

I GOT THE JOB!!!

I start with a few hours the end of this week and then full time next week. I am scared witless as the position is a step up from anything I have done before, the company owner seems very picky and demanding, and the office is currently in a shambles. It will be a lot of work but I am looking forward to it!!! Thank you all so much for your support during this time. I promise I will be around more as I am sure I will need help as I adapt to working full time again, keeping my 4 night a week part time job, and trying to fit in my gym time. It will be a challenge but I feel like I can do it!!

I am going to check in on everyone else's journals this week, I promise! I hope that you are having a great day and if you need some fourth of July inspiration, here's a link to one of my Disney favorites, the finale of the American Adventure at EPCOT. Get's me choked up every time I see it!

http://youtu.be/RnFvf2cImE4

Have a Happy Fourth All!!!

YAY Mike!!!! I'm soooo glad you go the job!
And if you can tackle the weight and your step-mother, you can do anything!!

I'm so proud of you!

That is awesome! I'm so happy for you! It's all good news! I'm really proud of you. I love seeing your posts - hope you can come back more often with updates. :cheer2:

Thank you so much Buffy and Carolynn!!

Today I head in to work for the first time, just for a few hours. I am sooooo nervous it is not even funny. My stomach has been upset all morning with nerves. Going to try and eat something now, as I know I need to. Wish me luck! I will definitely report back in on how the day goes!!

Tonight I am going to an outdoor movie here in Providence. They're showing Jaws. I am excited as I love that movie! :-)

Have a great day all!

Good morning all! I know have been absent of late and I apologize... again!

Just wanted to report in quick that I am still up and running. The new job has me swamped but I am adapting. I am working on getting back to my gym time and just joined a 24hr gym. Hopefully that will help. But overall I am still on track and am happy to report that I have reached the first of two major summer goals. I am officially back in the 200s weight wise for the first time in 17 years. It is kind of trippy to be honest! But in a good way!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Mike

Mike that is sooo awesome!!! Congrats!!

All is well here, just been really busy. Today was the first day of school for the little kids so hopefully things will slow down and get back to normal.

I hope you get a chance to post more, but I'm also glad you got the job.

Are you still doing the trivia stuff?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter