Mike Super's site

I dont want to post it and ruin all the fun for everyone. ;) I'll PM you.

As soon as Pete started talking about it, I knew what trick it was. I've seen it before and I know the secret :teeth:

I finally figured it out. Took me about 15 minutes. My Math for Poets teacher in college would be so proud! He always was trotting out stuff like this.

I had to hop on it as soon as I heard about it on the podcast (in fact as i'm writing this i'm still listening to the episode), as soon as I saw the chart and how the symbols repeated I had my idea of how I thought it worked, just to be sure I ran the equation the page gives you for numbers 11 through 29 and it confirmed that this works in the way I suspected. if anyone is looking for the link to the trick here it is:
http://www.mikesuper.com/interact/online/magic.htm

I'm going to be teaching multiples to my 3rd graders next week as we begin multiplication. It'll be fun to see if they can figure this out for homework.

I feel like an idiot, it took me 5 go's before I figured it out. And the sad part is I have been fooled by something like this before. :lmao: I guess I really don't learn from past mistakes. Well at least I know how he does it now :banana:

I was never any good at these kind of puzzles HOW DOES HE DO IT???????

Kim

I was never any good at these kind of puzzles HOW DOES HE DO IT???????

Kim

Highlight for the answer:

Look at the multiples of 9 in the chart - they all have the same symbol. Doing those mathematical calculations, your answer will always be a multiple of 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter