• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Miles One credit card?

Liz

Make a miracle!
Anyone have the Miles One credit card to earn airline miles? I get stuff from them almost every week! I wonder if they are any good. It looked to me like you need to call their number to make airline reservations and I'm not sure I'd like that.

I don't know how good they are. I have used a Citibank Card that earns miles on American for the past 4 years and it has worked out well. I have had only one instance with international travel where it didn't work. The obvious problem with a one airline card is that they may nopt have a good flught schedule to every airport. For example American has no good routes to Savannah, Ga. Delta does. I would also be interested to see if the Miles One card has good availability to many airlines. I would also have to read the fine print that comes with their offers to check black out dates etd. With all of these offer the devil is always in the details - i.e. the fine print. Good luck!

Not the best choice for a credit card....

$19 annual fee
25,000 miles = RT ticket in ONE ZONE of the US only. Not the entire US. Value up to $360

A better choice:

The Sheraton Starpoints Credit Card

No Annual Fee
1,000 Points at first usage
1 point for each dollar charged

Some redemption opportunities:
2,500 points = Avis $50 Gift Certificate
Points can be transferred into your regular frequent flier account on a 1:1 basis....
Airlines include:
Alaska,America West,American,Continental,Delta,Northwest,US Airways & United.

See: http://www.starwood.com/preferredguest/starpoints/transfer_ff_checkRoc.html

I have the Miles One card from Capital One. I recently called in to trade in miles for cash but have not yet received the check. They say it takes 4 - 6 weeks. I'm using the $ towards my next trip to WDW in July.

To use miles with American I just call up and get them applied to a ticket - providing there is space. I can't imagine having to wait for a certificate with Miles One. For ljsmom - can't you handle your ticket without the 4-6 week delay?

BobH,
Not sure what you mean. My airline ticket cost much less than the $250 cash I traded in for. That's why I was glad to have other options.

I have a Capital One card. It is only 18000 miles for your zone. Yes, there is a $19 charge per year. I have used it successfully in the past. Once we used it to California - that was 25000 miles, but when I check and the price had gone down for the ticket - I called US Air and we got a $130 credit for future travel.
Amy

I agree with travelcoupons about the Starwood Preferred Guest program and the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card from American Express: http://www66.americanexpress.com/cards/Fmacfservlet?csi=6/0/b/3/0/134130631649/0/n&from=0

There is no annual fee the first year, and a $30 fee each year thereafter. When you transfer 20,000 Starpoints earned within the Starwood program from any combination of AMEX points or hotel stays, you get 5,000 bonus airline miles, and they transfer to most major airlines!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter