Military discount only UP TO 40% off

momof2princesses14

Earning My Ears
It was deceiving to me. I assumed it was military discount of 40% off rack rates but after receiving huge totals from CMs when I had figured a lot lower rates, one CM finally told me it was only UP TO 40% off. She also couldn't tell me which resorts were what percentage off. So may be not such a wonderful deal after all. Very disappointed! Anyone else upset or did I totally miss something and misread it all?

I think it depends on the resort. We are staying at POR and we are getting it at 40% off. Rememeber that when they gvie you the total that includes the tax so it makes it seem like less of a discount. ;)

We are staying at the Poly and are getting 40% off, the total on the phone was around $200 or so higher than what I priced out (with tax) but I forgot to add the extra fee for more than 2 adults in the room so after I added that back on it was the correct price.

I also inquired about AKL and BWI and got 40% off rates for those too. I don't know if it's different for the value or moderate hotels as I didn't ask about any of those.

Also keep in mind on the phone the CM will give you a price including trip insurance, so if you don't want that you'll have to tell them so they can take it off.

i don't have the numbers in fornt of me but the differences I was getting was close to $2000. It is however a grand gathering, 7 adults 3 children. I also made sure to tell them no travel insurance so that wasn't an issue. I also added in the 12.5% tax and any extra charges per adult in the room. Apparently yacht and beach club aren't 40% off because those are the ones I was checking.

It probably is not they are not included. There very well may have no availability remaining for what you are requesting and for your travel dates.
That is not unusual depending on various factors.
For any offer there are only so many rooms set aside. When they are booked under that offer, they are gone. The rooms may be bookable under a different offer, even if it means rack rate.

Interesting - I have only seen/heard it being a straight 40% off.
Did they add the dining plan? That could make up some of the difference?

I have 2 CL rooms at the POLY and I definitely got 40% off. I did have to call back and get the insurance off that was added despite me saying no.
There also is a limit to the number of rooms per military member and that is 3 but I can't see you getting 4 rooms with your person count.

The insurance is what - $66.95 per adult so that would be $468.65 extra.
3 extra adults in the 2 rooms is what $75 per night. I can see it adding up.

Honestly - I would call back and speak with a different CM

I did find where www.mousesavers.com states the military deal is up to 40% off. Oh well we will settle with 2 All star Music suites because we did get 40% off those, instead of 2 rooms at the Beach Club :( The extra bathrooms will be nice to have in the suites with so many people and I have stayed in the suites before. So we will survive--who can be upset when they're in the happiest place on Earth. I would sleep in a box if I had to!

I saved a ton - My 17 night stay is under $1000 at POP. We may even add on 4 extra nights and go for a full three weeks now. You can't beat the price.

I booked at the YC for the end of April and got the 40% off 2 rooms with the military discount. We tried to book BC but the rooms allotted for this discount were all booked. I know there are also certain black out dates for this discount we no rooms are available or that is what they told me.

apparently i got a CM who didn't know what she was talking about. She was also pretty rude. Every time i call i get a different answer.

We also got the 40% off at CBR. However, cast member charged us the Fri. Sat. nights for all 7 nights! Had to call and call and finally got some nice cast member to fix the rate. I did have to hold on the phone and wait for her to call and get it fixed but they did fix it. What a great deal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter