Military discounts for hotel/park hopper tickets?

Minybear

BCV/VGC Owner
Hi everyone

Just got back from WDW and my son who is stationed in Japan called us tonight and he suggested that when he gets to the states he wants to go to DL. He said around March or April. I am wondering is there any military discounts so we can save $$ on hotel and park tickets? This is a family of 4 and I am wondering which is the cheepest way to go to DL.

Need everyone's help :grouphug:

Minybear :flower1:

could you tell me how much it cost for the Military passes and what type of passes they offer?

We have an opportunity to get them via my niece and I don't want to really bother her unless the savings are substantial.

Thanks.

Military tickets can be purchased at any military base through MWR. The prices for 2004 are: 1 day 40.50
2 day hopper 70.50
5 day hopper 95.50

Those are all adult prices. They also have annual passes but cannot remember the price. To get discounts at the Disneyland Hotels you must be active duty. You can also get this information from the MWR office at any base. They have discounts at saveral hotels off property.

Thank you so much! yes, they are on active duty. At that price I might actually ask her to pick them up for us. Do you know if she has to be there to activate them with us?

She also offered to get us the discounts at the hotel but the one she was talking about I felt was too far off property. I hate to turn down her help but I'm thinking I'd rather pay the few extra dollars to be at one of the Good Neighbor hotels.

Thanks again for your help.

I think she is suppose to be with you. One time I used it they asked for our ID. The second time they did not.

My MWR has discounts at Holiday INN and Radisson Main gate. Sometimes they have discounts at the Disney hotels if you arer military.

Thanks everyone for your replys. Now I am going to email my son in Japan and have him see about the discounted tickets and hotel rooms he can get.

Minybear :flower1:

I don't know if they still do this but...a few years back the military place where we bought the tickets told us there is a 50% id check. There was a limit on the number of guests a person with an id could take in. When I went to DL the man in back of me was asked for ID. I don't know why and I kept walking because at this particular time in the day I was not entering with my dad who had the ID. Maybe they've done away with this and someone will post.

FWIW, just got back and for 3 days, never asked for an ID - Mil or otherwise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter