Military Salute Tickets 2022

I really like there is a Genie+ added option. For one, if you buy at an ITT office, it's not taxed. Also, if/when the price Genie changes, you have already purchased it at the tax-free ticket price.

I've looked at the military disney trips site and it has some information but it's kind of a bit here and a bit there. My nephew has been deployed for a year and is interested in a possible Disney trip in May when he comes back. I know he may be able to get some info from the base but I'm not sure his base (not in the US) has access or talks about that kind of thing. I was going to try to help him with the research. It will be him plus three or four family members.

I've looked at the military disney trips site and it has some information but it's kind of a bit here and a bit there. My nephew has been deployed for a year and is interested in a possible Disney trip in May when he comes back. I know he may be able to get some info from the base but I'm not sure his base (not in the US) has access or talks about that kind of thing. I was going to try to help him with the research. It will be him plus three or four family members.
Tell him to check with the MWR on base. They will have information on the easiest way to get tickets. Worst comes to worst, he can get them from Shades of Green at Disney World.

Tell him to check with the MWR on base. They will have information on the easiest way to get tickets. Worst comes to worst, he can get them from Shades of Green at Disney World.
Thanks! Things were a lot easier before park reservations. I'm not familiar with what MWR is. Would they have that even at bases not in the U.S.?

Thanks! Things were a lot easier before park reservations. I'm not familiar with what MWR is. Would they have that even at bases not in the U.S.?
I forgot what it stands for, but it's basically the base/post recreation area. Every base should have one at least if it's a somewhat major one, even overseas. or at least access to one.

MWR is Morale Welfare and Recreation- they do a lot of discount tickets and programs for service members and their families. What type of overseas? A military base overseas like Germany, Spain, UK? Or a deployment base like in Kuwait , Afghanistan etc.? ( I ask, because a lot of people not involved with the military say they know someone who is deployed, When, in fact they are stationed at a base overseas. There will be some type of MWR on either a deployment base or a regular base, although the deployment ones may be limited.

If he is at a base with limited services, he can contact shades of green through email, and can set up purchasing tickets through them, or contact a buddy ( or a spouse?) Who has base access and have them go to MWR and purchase the tickets for him.

MWR is Morale Welfare and Recreation- they do a lot of discount tickets and programs for service members and their families. What type of overseas? A military base overseas like Germany, Spain, UK? Or a deployment base like in Kuwait , Afghanistan etc.? ( I ask, because a lot of people not involved with the military say they know someone who is deployed, When, in fact they are stationed at a base overseas. There will be some type of MWR on either a deployment base or a regular base, although the deployment ones may be limited.

If he is at a base with limited services, he can contact shades of green through email, and can set up purchasing tickets through them, or contact a buddy ( or a spouse?) Who has base access and have them go to MWR and purchase the tickets for him.

Thanks so much! That makes sense. I probably should have said stationed instead of deployed. He is in Cuba. I will ask him about the Morale Welfare and Recreation. He is on night duty so should be free during the day when not sleeping.

Thanks so much! That makes sense. I probably should have said stationed instead of deployed. He is in Cuba. I will ask him about the Morale Welfare and Recreation. He is on night duty so should be free during the day when not sleeping.
I hope he is able to find what he needs-he will want to specifically ask about the MWR tickets and travel office, they will be the ones actually selling the tickets. MWR has a lot of components! Good luck, and I hope they have a great trip!

I really like there is a Genie+ added option. For one, if you buy at an ITT office, it's not taxed. Also, if/when the price Genie changes, you have already purchased it at the tax-free ticket price.

The Genie+ options costs the same $15 per day as anyone else pays. There is the tax-free benefit, but I'm not sure if I want Genie+ for every day of our visit, so it probably makes more sense for me to just buy it for the days we want it. It seems like Genie+ is worth it for MK and DHS, maybe for AK (but probably not), and not for EPCOT.

I have reservations at Ft Wilderness campground for mid-January, so I'm glad to see the Salute tickets finally announced. The prices have gone up, but still a good deal compared to the regular or Magic Your Way tickets.

The Genie+ options costs the same $15 per day as anyone else pays. There is the tax-free benefit, but I'm not sure if I want Genie+ for every day of our visit, so it probably makes more sense for me to just buy it for the days we want it. It seems like Genie+ is worth it for MK and DHS, maybe for AK (but probably not), and not for EPCOT.

I have reservations at Ft Wilderness campground for mid-January, so I'm glad to see the Salute tickets finally announced. The prices have gone up, but still a good deal compared to the regular or Magic Your Way tickets.
I think the concern is the cost might go up next year, in which case if you do want it most days, it may be beneficial to buy it at the current price. but if you are only using it for one or two days, then it's probably not beneficial to buy G+ ahead of time.

My dad (retired Military) just bought the Military Salute 5 day park hopper plus with Genie Plus. It’s the first time he’s bought these tickets and I have an annual pass so I’m unfamiliar with the ticket. The website says “Ticket use dates are 1 January to 16 December 2022”. Does that mean he can spread out the park visits from now until December? I read that non-military 5 day park hopper plus that are purchased through Disney expire 9 days after the first use of the ticket but I didn’t know if the military got an extended use period. Just curious if we can add rest days between the park days during our visit in June. Thanks for any insight.

The military salute tickets do not have to be used consecutively. He can spread them out.
Is there a date where the ticket is no longer valid after first use? For example, not valid 9 days after first use/entry or valid until 14 days after first use? We may space the visit out Between 2 weeks if ticket is valid more than 9 days since the 5 day plus ticket gives 5 days to visit the main parks and then also gives you an additional 5 entrances to the water parks or mini golf!

No, the salute tickets never expire. You could go tomorrow and use 1 day, then in May and use 3 days and again in Nov and use 1. The value of Salute tickets never expires either.

Thank you so much! That will make life so much easier for my dad (Disabled Vet). We can spread it out so he has time to rest between each park.

I know in the past the miltiary member (or spouse) had to be present to activate the tickets--does the military member have to actually enter the park/validate a ticket themselves?
We will be going down in late March-my husband (retired military), our two teen sons, and myself.
Dh and I don't necessarily want to go to the parks this trip. Can we just get tickets for our sons, have Dh walk to the park entrance to validate the tickets for our sons, but not actually have a ticket himself?
Thanks!

I know in the past the miltiary member (or spouse) had to be present to activate the tickets--does the military member have to actually enter the park/validate a ticket themselves?
We will be going down in late March-my husband (retired military), our two teen sons, and myself.
Dh and I don't necessarily want to go to the parks this trip. Can we just get tickets for our sons, have Dh walk to the park entrance to validate the tickets for our sons, but not actually have a ticket himself?
Thanks!
They just need to be activated at guest services, they have them at each park and Disney Springs....if you buy through shades of green they should already be activated so you wouldn't even need to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter