Military Salute Tickets 2023

Do you have to be staying at SoG to purchase your tickets from them? Will they ship them to you?
No you don't, and yes they ship to you via FedEx for $15 - 18 (? I forget exact amt)

(Just to add, even if you are staying at Shades, they now ship your tickets, they stopped holding tickets until you arrive.)

Do you have to be staying at SoG to purchase your tickets from them? Will they ship them to you?
As the others have said, you don't have to be staying there. In fact, they no longer ask where you are staying when you purchase, because as @Leigh L noted, they ship the tickets to all guests, even those staying at SoG.

We haven't stayed at SoG for many years, but always buy our tickets from them so that we receive the activated tickets.

I submitted my order form yesterday morning and the SOG ticket agent called me exactly 2.5 hours later to complete the purchase. My tickets are arriving Friday via FedEx- three days after placing the order.
My dad got ours from his local ITT base this morning, reservations secured!

My dad got ours from his local ITT base this morning, reservations secured!
Make sure he stops to activate them on arrival.

I emailed my order with SoG yesterday afternoon, and got the call for payment information this morning at 10:30. FedEx shows the (activated) tickets will arrive tomorrow.

I emailed my order with SoG yesterday afternoon, and got the call for payment information this morning at 10:30. FedEx shows the (activated) tickets will arrive tomorrow.
Yep, we always activate them at Disney springs the day we arrive. We find that is easier than trying to activate them at the gate.

I sent in SoG form Tuesday evening and got the call for tickets this afternoon. Thank you for the info about getting tickets there.

I sent in SoG form Tuesday evening and got the call for tickets this afternoon. Thank you for the info about getting tickets there.
Same! Our form went in on Tuesday evening, call for payment came Thursday late-morning. FedEx tracking says tickets arrive today. Very quick turn around.

It has been many years since we used a military ticket since we have had APs. It used to be that MYW tickets bought at the ITT were activated but the Military Salute/promotional tickets had to be activated at the gate by the service member. Is this still true? Also..reading back through the thread it was unclear to me if you guys are saying the tickets, if purchased at SOG, then both types come activated (once they call and verify the purchase)? We have always gone through the ITT but may try SOG to skip a step the day of.

It has been many years since we used a military ticket since we have had APs. It used to be that MYW tickets bought at the ITT were activated but the Military Salute/promotional tickets had to be activated at the gate by the service member. Is this still true? Also..reading back through the thread it was unclear to me if you guys are saying the tickets, if purchased at SOG, then both types come activated (once they call and verify the purchase)? We have always gone through the ITT but may try SOG to skip a step the day of.

MYW tickets have never needed to be activated. That only applies to Armed Forces Salute tickets.

SOG sends out ALREADY ACTIVATED AFS tickets. If they are purchased at any other base ITT, they need to be activated at guest services, in person, prior to arrival at the gates.

Last edited:
To make sure I understand this correctly. My retired AF dad who lives an hour north of Orlando can get us these military tickets from Patrick AFB? Can he just email requesting them or does he have to drive over to Patrick? And, then if he met us in Orlando once we arrived, he could activate them at the Disney Village ticket office? Does he have to have a ticket too? Or just be there to activate them? If all this is indeed accurate, if I've already booked a package with resort and tickets, is it possible to cancel that and then have him get these tickets too? I can't believe how much cheaper these are!

To make sure I understand this correctly. My retired AF dad who lives an hour north of Orlando can get us these military tickets from Patrick AFB? Can he just email requesting them or does he have to drive over to Patrick? And, then if he met us in Orlando once we arrived, he could activate them at the Disney Village ticket office? Does he have to have a ticket too? Or just be there to activate them? If all this is indeed accurate, if I've already booked a package with resort and tickets, is it possible to cancel that and then have him get these tickets too? I can't believe how much cheaper these are!

Your dad will have to buy himself a ticket and enter with you guys on the first entry.

If he's coming with you, yes, definitely use these tickets! He will have to physically go to the AFB to buy them.

He can get them at Patrick, or he can have them shipped from Patrick or Shades of Green or any other ITT office that offers shipping.

But the terms and conditions of the tickets are that the sponsor must buy and use one for himself. So this will only work if he is coming on the trip with you.

If he does decide to come on the trip, and you can use these tickets, then you will want to remove the tickets from your resort package. You can call Disney to do this. They can convert it to what is called a "basic package", which is a room only, with the package payment and due date rules. They could also cancel the package (depending on how far out your trip is), and you could rebook it as a resort only stay. But if you do that it will be repriced to what is currently offered, and you might also be affected by resort availability.

Here's a question I haven't been able to find an answer to (even asked Disney via the chat function), so hopefully somebody here has had experience with this:
Say a family of 3 wanted to make two trips, each of 5 days. Could they buy 6 military salute tickets (the limit), and then use 3 of the tickets on the first trip and then 3 on the second?
Or, if a military member was a big fan, could they buy 6 tickets and use them for 30 park days themselves? Asking for a friend...

Here's a question I haven't been able to find an answer to (even asked Disney via the chat function), so hopefully somebody here has had experience with this:
Say a family of 3 wanted to make two trips, each of 5 days. Could they buy 6 military salute tickets (the limit), and then use 3 of the tickets on the first trip and then 3 on the second?
Or, if a military member was a big fan, could they buy 6 tickets and use them for 30 park days themselves? Asking for a friend...
I don't see why not. They get up to 6 tickets, as long as 1 of them is for the military member.

You can definitely use 3 and 3. Our family of 4 does this just about every year (4 tickets on 1 trip and 2 on the 2nd).

A spouse can also be the person to use one of the tickets. (I as the spouse am usually using the tickets for the 2nd trip and alternate taking one of the kids each year).

You can also (at least for now) split a ticket, eg use 3 days on one trip and 2 on another.

Yes to both things.

They don't enforce the "one ticket must be used by the military member" part. We buy 6 tickets every year and my husband (the military member) never uses one.

The terms are actually that one ticket must be used by the military member *or spouse*
Anything else is a violation of the terms and risks being excluded from eligibility in the future

Okay. We've been doing this for years. This is to be policed at the point of sale. No one at the point of sale cares, even when the point of sale was Disneyland ticket booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter