Military Salute Tickets 2023

Your son needs to purchase the tickets since he is the one who is eligible to purchase them. Shades of Green is a DoD installation and ID requirements apply for purchases at the ticket office.

https://www.shadesofgreen.org/experiences/attractions

They do not take phone orders. It is easier to just have your son go to his base ticket office and purchase them there.
Got it. So same prices at SOG and base office? I'll have him do it Monday. I'd rather avoid the $15 shipping/handling fee.
Thank you

That’s great news! It looks like tickets go on sale Nov 16, does anyone know if most bases will have the tickets available that day? We’re planning a late Jan trip with my parents (dad is retired Air Force) and I am anxiously waiting to make my park reservations! My dad is planning on heading to the nearest base on that day to purchase. I know Shades of Green will have them…but their ordering system is not great and will most likely take a few weeks To process.

Last edited:

Are there any discounts for Veterans who did not fully retire?

Edit: After checking it looks as if Disney does not offer any type of discount for Veterans who did not retire. Thanks
Only if you are 100% service disability.

The only advantage to ordering from Shades is that they already come activated so you don't have to schedule in a time to see guest relations once your down there and before you have a park day.
Can you activate at Disney springs upon arrival without going to a park that day?

The only advantage to ordering from Shades is that they already come activated so you don't have to schedule in a time to see guest relations once your down there and before you have a park day.

Activation only applies to Armed Forces Salute tickets. Discounted Magic Your Way tickets do not need to be activated and you also don't need a military sponsor to accompany you on first use.

Can you activate at Disney springs upon arrival without going to a park that day?

You don't need to activate tickets unless they are the Armed Forces Salute tickets.

MAKE SURE your son purchases the correct ticket type. The AFS tickets will NOT work for your trip dates and tickets are non refundable. Make sure you are very specific about which tickets he needs to buy and how much they SHOULD cost. If he walks into the base ticket office and asks for 5 day (or 4 day) Walt Disney World tickets, they will default to the Armed Forces Salute ones since they are the cheapest. He needs to specify Magic Your Way (and then with hopper or not).

Yes. There is a guest relations at Disney Springs. And this is for salute (sorry, I thought I saw you were possibly looking at salute tix.) If just the regular ones, like others have said, you would be good to go.

Activation only applies to Armed Forces Salute tickets. Discounted Magic Your Way tickets do not need to be activated and you also don't need a military sponsor to accompany you on first use.
Just for clarification, at WDW you don't need a military sponsor to accompany anyone for the first use for any ticket. They just need to be activated tix. The first use needing a sponsor is only at Disneyland as that's where you exchange your tix voucher for the regular tix (at the gate and need to show a military id).

Just for clarification, at WDW you don't need a military sponsor to accompany anyone for the first use for any ticket. They just need to be activated tix. The first use needing a sponsor is only at Disneyland as that's where you exchange your tix voucher for the regular tix (at the gate and need to show a military id).

You're right. Forgot that. No activation at DL.

Thank you. That makes sense.

You don't need to activate tickets unless they are the Armed Forces Salute tickets.

MAKE SURE your son purchases the correct ticket type. The AFS tickets will NOT work for your trip dates and tickets are non refundable. Make sure you are very specific about which tickets he needs to buy and how much they SHOULD cost. If he walks into the base ticket office and asks for 5 day (or 4 day) Walt Disney World tickets, they will default to the Armed Forces Salute ones since they are the cheapest. He needs to specify Magic Your Way (and then with hopper or not).
Glad you clarified. He was already telling me he has no idea what to do at his base office. 😂
I’ll make sure he gets magic your way.
Thanks again!

Glad you clarified. He was already telling me he has no idea what to do at his base office. 😂
I’ll make sure he gets magic your way.
Thanks again!

Please google "(YOUR SON'S BASE) ITT office". You should get a result for their website and you want to find the "Price List." Download it, find what you need and spell it out directly for your son, prices and everything. They will hand him a price sheet with EVERYTHING they sell and it can be overwhelming in the moment.

Please google "(YOUR SON'S BASE) ITT office". You should get a result for their website and you want to find the "Price List." Download it, find what you need and spell it out directly for your son, prices and everything. They will hand him a price sheet with EVERYTHING they sell and it can be overwhelming in the moment.
Great idea. I’ll do this. Thank you

So the MYW tickets at his base don't have to be tied to a specific park date of first use? When do these tickets expire? I know they aren't like the salute as far as expiration dates.
Thank you!

So the MYW tickets at his base don't have to be tied to a specific park date of first use? When do these tickets expire? I know they aren't like the salute as far as expiration dates.
Thank you!

Yes, the Magic Your Way tickets have to be used in accordance with Disney multi day ticket rules, so I believe you have 13 days from first use to finish using them. The Salute tickets are good through mid December and do not have to be.used within 14 days.

You DO still need to make a park reservation for each day of use. This applies to ALL WDW tickets currently. You will add the tickets to your My Disney Experience app and make the park reservations that way.

Yes, the Magic Your Way tickets have to be used in accordance with Disney multi day ticket rules, so I believe you have 13 days from first use to finish using them. The Salute tickets are good through mid December and do not have to be.used within 14 days.

You DO still need to make a park reservation for each day of use. This applies to ALL WDW tickets currently. You will add the tickets to your My Disney Experience app and make the park reservations that way.
Got it. Appreciate your help.., again.

So the MYW tickets at his base don't have to be tied to a specific park date of first use? When do these tickets expire?

the Magic Your Way tickets have to be used in accordance with Disney multi day ticket rules

The Military MYW tickets follow the "old" WDW multi-day ticket rules -- no designated start date but must have first use by Dec. 31, 2023 and expires 14 days from first use. This is different than the current theme park tickets which require a designated start date and valid for only so many days depending on length of ticket.

As mentioned, you WILL need a theme park reservation for each day in the parks.

The Military MYW tickets follow the "old" WDW multi-day ticket rules -- no designated start date but must have first use by Dec. 31, 2023 and expires 14 days from first use. This is different than the current theme park tickets which require a designated start date and valid for only so many days depending on length of ticket.

As mentioned, you WILL need a theme park reservation for each day in the parks.
Thank you for this! Too bad we’ll miss Tron by 1 day. At least we have Guardians

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter