• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military Ticket Offer - Questions and Latest Info

I have a couple of activation questions. Sorry for repeat questions but I've been searching and can't find what I need. Thought I already posted this question but I guess I didn't submit it or something :upsidedow

Can the tickets be activated at any ticket window (not DTD) a day before planned usage? I want to take the boat over from WL the late afternoon before we start touring the next day to activate them so we don't have to stand in another line.

Are the ticket windows open as late as the park?

I think the answer is YES but do we all have to be together to activate (my dad who has the Military ID will definately be with me). We have to wait for my brother & sister's flights to come in later but we can wait if need be.

thanks!!

I have a couple of activation questions. Sorry for repeat questions but I've been searching and can't find what I need. Thought I already posted this question but I guess I didn't submit it or something :upsidedow

Can the tickets be activated at any ticket window (not DTD) a day before planned usage? I want to take the boat over from WL the late afternoon before we start touring the next day to activate them so we don't have to stand in another line.

Are the ticket windows open as late as the park?

I think the answer is YES but do we all have to be together to activate (my dad who has the Military ID will definately be with me). We have to wait for my brother & sister's flights to come in later but we can wait if need be.

thanks!!

I don't know how late the windows are open, but you can activate anytime. No need to use right away, as you activate outside the park.

Sorry if this was answered already.

In April we went to a grand gathering (DW brother's disney wedding) and DW FIL (retired army 28yr vet) bought these tickets with hopper.

We are back at WDW Aug 22nd and we should have a day left on these tickets and I wanted to know:

1. Assume either guest services at hotel or ticket gate can validate if there is a day left or not?

2. Can we add water park option to the ticket?

3. If so - how does that work - does the water park take the day left or is it a day left + a water park day?

Just trying to plan out my ticket options as I'm getting them this week.

Thanks for any insight!

Sorry if this was answered already.

In April we went to a grand gathering (DW brother's disney wedding) and DW FIL (retired army 28yr vet) bought these tickets with hopper.

We are back at WDW Aug 22nd and we should have a day left on these tickets and I wanted to know:

1. Assume either guest services at hotel or ticket gate can validate if there is a day left or not?

2. Can we add water park option to the ticket?

3. If so - how does that work - does the water park take the day left or is it a day left + a water park day?

Just trying to plan out my ticket options as I'm getting them this week.

Thanks for any insight!

I'm fairly sure you can add the options at ANY time, even if there's only a day left. You'll be adding five water park days in addition to your one park day, so you'll actually have 6 days to use, if you could stand five days at the water parks!

Sorry if this has been asked but I can not find it. We are leaving the end of this month and meeting DSIL for his R&R. We are buying the 5 companion tickets and he is using the free ticket...now the question???

We are getting the free dining and with it a one day base ticket. Can we trade in our one day base ticket toward the purchase of the companion tickets with park hopper and water park options?

I know if we are allowed we will have to buy the tickets from Disney and not SOG but we will save more than the tax. If we can not, we will go to SOG and save the tax.

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked but I can not find it. We are leaving the end of this month and meeting DSIL for his R&R. We are buying the 5 companion tickets and he is using the free ticket...now the question???

We are getting the free dining and with it a one day base ticket. Can we trade in our one day base ticket toward the purchase of the companion tickets with park hopper and water park options?

I know if we are allowed we will have to buy the tickets from Disney and not SOG but we will save more than the tax. If we can not, we will go to SOG and save the tax.

Thanks!

Yes, you can upgrade the 1-day tickets to the Military Salute tickets at a WDW ticket window. Have a wonderful trip!

I've read a lot of this thread but not all. What would you think our cheapest option would be?

There are 6 adults and 1 child including my retired stepfather. We are planning seven days and need park hoppers. We are also DVC members. I know I need to just buy the child ticket for seven days but I can't figure out where to go from there. If we have to buy 6 two-day tickets, I'm thinking we're really not saving much. Any suggestions?

There are 6 adults and 1 child including my retired stepfather. We are planning seven days and need park hoppers. .... If we have to buy 6 two-day tickets, I'm thinking we're really not saving much. Any suggestions?

Well, the military person's ticket would be entirely free and would include park hopping and water park fun and more, so that's one thing.

But for others: 1 military companion ticket with park hopper: $124.
Plus one 2-day park hopper: $208 --
Total for one adult this way: $332

That's more than the cost for 7-day park hopper, which is only $286

Personally, I would seriously consider getting the water park fun and more option added to the companion military tickets. If you do this, you will have 5 days of regular parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS) plus five entries into the water parks and Disney Quest, etc. I would find a way to make that work because doing so would only cost you $745 ($149 each for 5 companion tickets with park hopping and water park fun and more, plus the military member gets his free, and this is without tax if you get it at SOG or on a military base). I'd do it this way because the offer expires December 23rd and we don't know when or if it'll ever be offered again. Might as well take advantage of it now. If you're there a week, use two of the days at the water parks or Downtown Disney or hanging out and swimming at the resort.

Whatever you decide, though, have a great time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Yes, you can upgrade the 1-day tickets to the Military Salute tickets at a WDW ticket window. Have a wonderful trip!

I would like to upgrade the 1-day tickets to the Military Salute also. So, just to be sure, I understand...

1. We take our 1 day tickets to DTD customer services and ask to upgade the 1 day ticket to the military salute
2. We do not need to upgrade the military member's ticket, just ask for the free military ticket.
3. As we're all on the same package, will they let us upgrade the other 3 tickets only?
4. We paid $79 for the 1 day tickets, so to upgrade with the Water Fun it'll cost us $45+tax per ticket, correct?
5. After our vacation, we'll still have an unused 1 day pass in the military person's name, and this ticket will never expire, as this ticket will be unused (she'll just be using the free ticket for the 5 days).

Thanks!

bump

Can anyone help with my q's from above?

Thanks.

Yes, you are correct on all. You will not need to upgrade the Military person's ticket, since they get a free ticket. Their 1 day ticket that was purchased with the packet will never expire until used. You will be able to upgrade all of the other tickets for the difference +tax. Although you shouldn't have any trouble, if you have a problem with a CM not getting it, just go to another one. It's all good. Go & have a great time! :thumbsup2

Sorry, I don't have time to read through 1700+ posts, but could someone please give me some advice? :teeth:

Part 1:
Does Dad need to be at MWR or WDW to get tickets or can mom buy them herself?

Part 2:
Mom and I are headed to WDW in 2 weeks.
We need 2 tickets, one for her and one for a friend. The friend arrives at WDW the day before we do, can Friend activate her ticket without mom there (if I can get them at MWR here) or does mom need to be with her.

Thanks! This is all very confusing....

Part 1:
Does Dad need to be at MWR or WDW to get tickets or can mom buy them herself?

Does Mom have a spouse dependent military ID (DD1173 with "SP" or "Spouse" in the "relationship" box)? If so, she can buy them herself.

Part 2:
Mom and I are headed to WDW in 2 weeks.
We need 2 tickets, one for her and one for a friend. The friend arrives at WDW the day before we do, can Friend activate her ticket without mom there (if I can get them at MWR here) or does mom need to be with her.

Either the military member or the spouse (with ID card) has to activate the tickets. So friend cannot activate the ticket without either your mom or your dad being there to show her/his ID card.

Hope this helps!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thanks Dorothy! That does help a lot, mom does have an ID card (dad is retired Coast Guard).

Think I have a shot at getting them at MWR? Or should I just wait until we get to Disney?

Thanks Dorothy! That does help a lot, mom does have an ID card (dad is retired Coast Guard).

DH is retired CG -- Semper Paratus! :)

Think I have a shot at getting them at MWR? Or should I just wait until we get to Disney?

I'd call MWR and see if they say they have 'em. That way you don't waste a trip if they don't. But if it's not convenient to go to base, you can get 'em at Shades of Green, or any ticket window (but you'll pay tax if you get them at the regular ticket counters). Have a great time!

-Dorothy

YAY, another Coastie!! Cool!

Base is only 30 minutes away and we have to go get scripts there anyway so I figured I'd go by MWR on the way out, I just wanted to be armed with info.

Thank you very much for your help Dorothy! I do hope we have fun, we are headed down for the scrapbook weekend at the Contemporary with about 10 other DIS'ers, It's going to be a blast!

Thanks! That was fast!!
I knew I'd seen it somewhere before, but I'm not the military member (My father in law was retired from the army before I married into the family) so the lingo is a bit foreign to me.

Ya know, thats REALLY annoying...... ( the post that a SP can get the Tickets w an ID) b/c I asked them (bc DH is deployed) and they said I had to wait until HE could go and get them..... eerrrrr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter