Military Tickets

Disney's Fan

Mouseketeer
My nephew-in-law is purchasing the military salute 4 day passes for himself and some extended family members for our November trip. They filled out the paperwork for the tickets this morning. What happens next? Will they get ticket numbers that can be linked to MDE like regular tickets so we can begin booking park reservations? When we all arrive at the park, do the people using the salute tickets go to the ticket window with him to officially activate the tickets? Do they have to do this only once, or ever time they enter the park? Is there anything else important for me to let them know? Thank you for any guidance you can give.

He will get ticket numbers that you can link to make park reservations then before you enter park everyone goes to ticket window to verify military. Only need to do it once for length of ticket.

My nephew-in-law is purchasing the military salute 4 day passes for himself and some extended family members for our November trip. They filled out the paperwork for the tickets this morning. What happens next? Will they get ticket numbers that can be linked to MDE like regular tickets so we can begin booking park reservations? When we all arrive at the park, do the people using the salute tickets go to the ticket window with him to officially activate the tickets? Do they have to do this only once, or ever time they enter the park? Is there anything else important for me to let them know? Thank you for any guidance you can give.
Is he buying tickets on base or through Shades of Green?

I recommend Shades of Green as they come already activated. otherwise, they'll all need to go with him to guest services to get them activated.

Is he buying tickets on base or through Shades of Green?

I recommend Shades of Green as they come already activated. otherwise, they'll all need to go with him to guest services to get them activated.
He’s buying them on base. How would we be able to get park reservations ahead of time if he purchases at Shades of Green? Is activating them time consuming?

He’s buying them on base. How would we be able to get park reservations ahead of time if he purchases at Shades of Green? Is activating them time consuming?
He can purchase them via mail through Shades of Green, that's what we've done. You email them the completed form and they mail them via fedex.

He can purchase them via mail through Shades of Green, that's what we've done. You email them the completed form and they mail them via fedex.
Oh, I see! Thank you for explaining. I thought it meant we had to go to Shades of Green when we arrived in Orlando. I will keep that in mind for the future. Thanks for your help!

He should get ticket numbers that can be used to link to my Disney experience account to make park reservation. Just keep in mind the tickets need to be activated by him at guest relations before entering any park. That’s where his id is checked and after that, it does not need to be done again.

He should get ticket numbers that can be used to link to my Disney experience account to make park reservation. Just keep in mind the tickets need to be activated by him at guest relations before entering any park. That’s where his id is checked and after that, it does not need to be done again.
Thank you! To clarify/confirm...does everyone using one of the tickets he purchased need to go with him to activate, or just him?

He will get ticket numbers that you can link to make park reservations then before you enter park everyone goes to ticket window to verify military. Only need to do it once for length of ticket.
my son and his wife have done it this way and has been very easy.

In my experience, everyone needs to be there to activate the tickets. After that, everyone can go when they want to without him, for the valid duration of the tickets.
Thank you for confirming that. I thought that was the case, but I wanted to be certain.

I would definitely recommend buying them from shades of green ahead of time vs on base. Like previous poster said, they already come activated. That will be one less thing to do when you get there. Or you will have to carve out time to have them activated before entering the parks.
It’s kind of an old system to order them, but they FedEx them quickly.
Also, you all can get a discount on memory maker as well, but you will have to purchase that when you get there. I think it is around $100 total, so pretty significant savings.

I would definitely recommend buying them from shades of green ahead of time vs on base. Like previous poster said, they already come activated. That will be one less thing to do when you get there. Or you will have to carve out time to have them activated before entering the parks.
It’s kind of an old system to order them, but they FedEx them quickly.
Also, you all can get a discount on memory maker as well, but you will have to purchase that when you get there. I think it is around $100 total, so pretty significant savings.
Yes, I think that sounds like a great plan, and I will definitely have them do that next time! The whole activation aspect is causing some headaches for them as the family and friends who are using the tickets with them are arriving earlier than they are, but they won't be able to go to the park until they arrive to activate with them.

Best to buy on base, IMO. In a day or so, he will get a code that he can enter into the Disney app to link the tickets. That will allow him to book park reservations and such. Once he gets to WDW, he must go to the ticket window to get the actual hard ticket. It doesn't take but a few minutes and it's super simple. At the ticket window, he can also purchase PhotoPass for a well-discounted price. Don't buy the military pass directly from Disney because that adds sales taxes.

Yes, I think that sounds like a great plan, and I will definitely have them do that next time! The whole activation aspect is causing some headaches for them as the family and friends who are using the tickets with them are arriving earlier than they are, but they won't be able to go to the park until they arrive to activate with them.
That's right. The sponsor must be the one to activate the tickets.

Best to buy on base, IMO. In a day or so, he will get a code that he can enter into the Disney app to link the tickets. That will allow him to book park reservations and such. Once he gets to WDW, he must go to the ticket window to get the actual hard ticket. It doesn't take but a few minutes and it's super simple. At the ticket window, he can also purchase PhotoPass for a well-discounted price. Don't buy the military pass directly from Disney because that adds sales taxes.
Shades of Green does not charge tax on tickets.

This is a question about tickets through SoG. My husband has been a retired disabled vet for many years and we just found out about this great benefit! I sent the email five days ago and I wonder if they received it? I guess now I just wait for a phone call? The website says two day to three weeks. What waits have you been experiencing? I kind of wish I had gotten a confirmation email... Anyway our trip is in January so I'm guessing I have plenty of time. Just anxious and excited lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter