Mine train at shanghai vs Orlando

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by disney144, Aug 2, 2017.

1. disney144

disney144 Mouseketeer

we were able to ride 7 dwarves mine train 3 or 4 times when we were in shanghai. It was ok, but we feel good about not doing it again. We're headed to Orlando in January and wondering if we should use our fastpasses on other things. Are the two mine trains the same?

2. cschaaf

cschaaf Mouseketeer

They are pretty much the same.

I felt the SDL version was a bit faster than Orlando, but that might just have been in my head. I think others have said the SDL version sways more, but I didn't feel that.

The end scene is different (better in Orlando). If you are a fan of nostalgia, the Orlando ride might be worth it for the end scene.

We would have skipped the SDL version, having already rode the Orlando version, but we bought the Premiere Access Set, so we were able to use that FP without waiting in line.

wishing4PA likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. sky13

sky13 DIS Veteran

I thought they were pretty much the same as well! I'll still ride it though (but depends on what you want to use your FPs for)!

5. kidd_freeper

kidd_freeper DIS Veteran

The one in Orlando is in English. Unless Mandarin is your first language, that alone is a big improvement.

As far as the ride itself, they are similar gentle roller coaster rides. I think the SDL version was a little longer.

6. NDW5332

NDW5332 Earning My Ears

The cast members in SDL don't wave at the guests as the carts are launched. I felt weird being the only one on the ride waving as the ride started.

7. TLPL

TLPL DIS Veteran

They are exact copy other than the song in different languages. If I can't get FP, I wouldn't spend 120 mins in the standby line.