Mini golf dilemma

luvnwdwgal

DIS Veteran
We will be a 3 generation group of 8 going next month to WDW, 5 adults, 3 kids (6,8,10). I think our granddaughters would love to play mini golf but I’m wondering about us being such a large group. I’ll be honest I wouldn’t want to end up being stuck behind a group that big with 3 kids. Is it frowned upon? Should I skip suggesting it? Any thoughts?

I'd do two foresomes? And maybe if the course is slow in general at the end of 9 holes switch up the groups?

But I wouldn't suggest a group of 8....and doubt they would allow it as it would severely slow the course up.

Generally speaking they allow 4 per group. Depending on how busy it is they might be ok with 5, but not 8. So you would split into two groups of 4 anyway. As long as you are good with that, putt away.

I think y'all should be fine. The group(s) behind you can go ahead of you if they're really bothered by the wait. I totes get the feeling though. I wouldn't want to hold anyone up either.

DH and I went mini golfing at Fantasia Gardens with his friend, his friend's wife, and my two brothers (maybe my sister too) the night before our wedding and had no issues. But we also went towards the end of the night when there was almost no one around so the CMs probably weren't concerned about there being 6 or 7 of us. Have a great time!

The courses are there to be played.
If I'm behind 2 groups of four or 1 group of eight, what's the difference?
I still have to wait for 8 people to finish before I can putt.

Go. Play. Enjoy.

2 groups of 4 are much more likely to be quicker.

Same reason in real golf you keep it down to a 4 some on the course. Additonally even if your group of 8 is "faster" it will seem slower to those behind you since they will always be in a big delay.

The group(s) behind you can go ahead of you if they're really bothered by the wait.

It's not plausible to do that unless the large group sits and waits to let the other group go.

You essentially are saying in the end the group behind you needs to have long waits between each hole since your group wants to play together.

Go right before close if you must when you will be the last ones there.

I would wait to see how busy it is that day, and if there are smaller parties behind you, just let them go ahead if your parties are slower...it's really not that big of deal, don't overthink itl..just have fun! 🙂

4 people can finish and move onto the next hole. Otherwise you are waiting for 8 people to finish.
Indeed. Understanding that two groups of four people, playing two holes simultaneously, will move through the course faster than a single group of eight playing one hole at a time, does not require Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

In my experience, they will split you up. They'll ask which group is playing with who, have you stand together, and have one group start and hold the next group until you finish hole 1.

We just golfed with a group of 10 over the summer and we were split.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter