Mini (or Minnie) Vent About Beaches and Cream

Is Beaches and Cream all that great? Never ate there, so I just thought I would ask. Anything that is really special about the place?

Not a lot, really. It's burgers/sandwiches. Typical average diner type food. They serve Edy's ice cream. The pour entire barrels of pixie dust on some folks, apparently.

The kitchen sink is an unrecognizable disgusting mess after about 5 minutes.

Better ice cream to be had at Ample Hills at the Boardwalk or The Fountain @ The Swolphin in that area.

Not a lot, really. It's burgers/sandwiches. Typical average diner type food. They serve Edy's ice cream. The pour entire barrels of pixie dust on some folks, apparently.

The kitchen sink is an unrecognizable disgusting mess after about 5 minutes.

Better ice cream to be had at Ample Hills at the Boardwalk or The Fountain @ The Swolphin in that area.

I agree. It was a once and done for my family, and I was glad we did not go out of our way to eat there. It was okay. It was not great. I would nto suggest anyone jump through hoops to go there.

Is Beaches and Cream all that great? Never ate there, so I just thought I would ask. Anything that is really special about the place?

The kitchen sink is the obvious draw. But we like the other specialty sundaes they offer. Good and huge. The No Way Jose is my favorite on property. Ghiradelli used to be my go-to for sundaes at WDW, but since they stopped serving peanut butter, No Way Jose is the best option now IMO.

Sorry about your experience, OP. I would be upset too. I've been kind of on the fence about booking this place for our upcoming trip. After reading this thread, I think I will pick another place. It sounds like the food is not all the special, and that their customer service could use some improvement.

Our party of 4 got seated at one of those tiny round tables. There was barely enough space for the kitchen sink we ordered. Meanwhile, the whole time we were there, 2 of the booths sat empty.

OP, I'd be annoyed too.

In August we booked an ADR there for my parents and 3 kiddos (11, 14, and 2 yo in a high chair). They were seated at a tiny round table. My 14 yo kept offering to just put her plate in her lap to make room.

Disney or non Disney if you have any concerns ask for the manager and if need followup on it.

Since you paying top dollar why should anybody put up with service that is less than what is expected.

The problem isn't that we all know we have to wait till a table for our party size is available, the problem is that nobody should have to wait 45 minutes for a table when they've made a reservation if a table is available. This shouldn't have happened and it was clearly a mistake - the OP said she was told they'd mistaken her for someone else. Once they'd realised that, the least they could have done is understand the OP had been sitting there for a very long time with a child and offer her the next table, whatever that was, with apologies.
@Shanti, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I would have needed to vent too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter