Mini van serivice....transportation from Airport?

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
We have always rented a mini van from the airport to take to Disney. This year the van prices seem outragous!! It will be near $700 for us to get a mini van for the trip July1-15. We usually keep the van the whole trip so we can use it in the parks as we DO NOT use the bus service. It is to hard with the wheelchair and the stroller and our "extra stuff" for DS. This year we are thinking of having a van service pick us up and take us to the hotel and then renting a mid sized car at he Disney Car Care place or from the Dolphin lobby and keeping it until the day before we leave and then having the van service take us back to the airport. Anyone have any suggestions, tips etc.I have not figured out all the details as of yet it is still jsut and idea. DS gets very upset if he has to wait long and sometimes is anxious around new people so we thought that a "mears" type of shuttle would not work for us. I have checked out Mouse savers and it seems we can get a van service for $150 round trip for the 5 of us and all our "Stuff" (wheelchair, stroller, car seat, luggage, diapers, etc). anyone???????????? I would love any suggestions or any recoomendations on car services etc. Thanks!

you might want to consider pricing a one day rental of a minivan just to get you from the airport to your resort! i think there aren't any one-way drop-off charges in florida. then you can rent the smaller car for most of your trip and switch for the minivan to get you back to the airport. your DS won't even need to be there when the cars are swapped. is the mid-sized car really big enough to get you around wdw???

dj

If you're staying on-site (friends don't let friends stay off-site, after all) then Magical Express is gonna be by far your best bet. Free is exactly the right price to pay for transport to and from the airport. And if your bags get transported for you and magically appear in your resort room after check-in, then so much the better. With a wheelchair bound family member, you will have enough to worry about getting on and off the plane and making your way to the pickup area without having to worry about baggage claim, or renting a car or finding your way or paying for a limo service and all that stuff. Magical Express will take care of all that other junk for you or obviate the need for it. Check it out at this FAQ link.

If you are staying off site, well, I suppose you could rent a minivan. I would expect to pay $350 or so, maybe more, maybe less. I am sure others can advise you there.

best of luck!

Thanks for the info Pumpkin Boy. Hey, Newton Ma....I grew up in Needham!! What a small world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter