• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Minimum age to drive a private golf cart?

In an effort to bring this back to Golf carts and minimum age.....

I find the Pizza from P&J edible, Better than a Totino's, worse than a Red Baron. I prefer the chicken the ribs.
I am usually the one to pick them up. This is so I can enjoy a "lemonade" from Crocket's while I wait. If the lemonade is important to the driver then the minimum age to drive the cart becomes 21. But then again, the visit to Crocket's may require an addition person to drive back to campsite. This person would have the minimum age of 16.

Gino might be referring to the story i repeated from somebody about getting a pizza from P&J's, taking it out of the box, throwing the pizza away, and eating the box (it tastes better). I thought it was an accurate (and humorous) story.
Oops, my mistake. I was assuming your throwing the pizza away story meant you had it. Oh well. Maybe one day we will both be at the fort at the same time and we can share a pie.

In an effort to bring this back to Golf carts and minimum age.....

I find the Pizza from P&J edible, Better than a Totino's, worse than a Red Baron. I prefer the chicken the ribs.
I am usually the one to pick them up. This is so I can enjoy a "lemonade" from Crocket's while I wait. If the lemonade is important to the driver then the minimum age to drive the cart becomes 21. But then again, the visit to Crocket's may require an addition person to drive back to campsite. This person would have the minimum age of 16.

ha. Whats crazy is Totinos is my go to pizza. Its my favorite store bought pizza. I know its crazy.

Back in my youth, my school served what we called stop sign pizza with the orange cheese. mmm

Whats crazy is Totinos is my go to pizza. Its my favorite store bought pizza.

DW likes them too. What's really crazy is that after I posted that, we wound up having Totinos for diner. :crazy:
She had no idea I mentioned it, unless she secretly lurks around here:tiptoe:

ha. Whats crazy is Totinos is my go to pizza. Its my favorite store bought pizza. I know its crazy.

Back in my youth, my school served what we called stop sign pizza with the orange cheese. mmm

I actually like it too. So does DD2.

I was wondering what age is required to drive a privately owned golf cart at Ft Wilderness? I know the carts rented from Disney require the driver to be 16 with a valid license but the state of Florida only requires you to be 14. Not sure if that 14 minimum age is applicable at Disney since it is private property. Thanks.

As a retired FW Concierge, let me answer.
1) Officially the age is 16.
2) This applies to rented or private carts.
3) We see kids as young as 9-10.
4) From observations, I think even younger.
5) As long as they are careful, they don't get stopped.
6) Security is loose at FW, including cart operators.
7) I have seen lots of young kids driving carts.
8) I have NEVER stopped or halted them.
9) If careful, I would not even think of it.

NOTES:
. . . I served at every DVC and Deluxe on property.
. . . FW is my favorite resort on-property.
. . . I consider it my "home" resort.
. . . There are guest behaviors that can be improved.
. . . But, it is still a campground.
. . . Campgrounds are usually easy going about rules.
. . . FW is the same.
. . . Campers are a different sort of guest.
. . . They are friendlier and more pleasant than others.
. . . Hence they are given a lot of leeway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter