Minne Marathon Team List

I WANNA COME!!!! I WANNA COME!!!!! BUT I CAN"T COME!!!!!! RATS!!!

Going to pout in my corner now.... :sad2: :sad2:

Anyone have any idea what kind of AP rates are usually available for that weekend. DH is giving me a hard time about hotel costs. I don't sleep well at Pop (I've tried it in several different rooms--walls are too thin for this light sleeper).

We love the BC but I'll even go moderate if it means I can go! Any info is appreciated--I can't make the Minnie reservation until I can present a total cost estimate for the weekend.

hey just posting to add that for the 15km i'll be staying at POFQ and absolutely can't wait. Will be there the week before so if anyone would like a running buddy let me know! :yay:

You guys are making me so wicked jealous!

I am going to start buying Powerball tickets this week...
meanwhile I will start ebaying "stuff" around here...

Maybe you coudl ebay some of chad's medals. ;) Dang, had I been thinking, I would have hit him up when we wer heading to the finih. Get someone while they're mentally and physicaly wiped out, I always say. :p

Thanks for startign this Anne! COuldn't keep me away if you tried! I'll be at OKW!

All of us are doing the 15K, Lynne-xterratri, Mom- NYCPA and me. We will be staying at Shades of Green for the weekend. So I will then have two of the Fab Four medals, well I will just have to fix that after college.
Erin

OK, we're officially signed up. Both hubby (John) and I. We are staying at OKW.

I'll be there, doing the 15k. DH and I are staying at VWL. We're very excited as this will be our first trip after DH's knee replacement. He's not a runner, but park touring has always be painful. Can't wait for him to be able to enjoy the parks!

AngieTuck, what is wrong with your back? I have chronic back problems and do tons of PT to keep it inline. But never know when it's gonna go. I can completely sympathize with the unknown training success and race commitments.

Butterup:)

Anyone have any idea what kind of AP rates are usually available for that weekend. DH is giving me a hard time about hotel costs. I don't sleep well at Pop (I've tried it in several different rooms--walls are too thin for this light sleeper).

We love the BC but I'll even go moderate if it means I can go! Any info is appreciated--I can't make the Minnie reservation until I can present a total cost estimate for the weekend.

I would think that there would be some sort of AP rate for that time of year. I didn't do it last year, but for ToT there were hotels with discount rates for that race including CBR for a moderate hotel.

Nancy

Yes I know exactly what you mean! I'm hoping they'll run some good AP or FL resident specials at SSR like they have been. I have found that resort to be the best place to get a good night's sleep (I'm also a light sleeper).

SSR is primarily a very quiet resort. And, with the specials they have been running over the past year it's been tough to turn them down. The specials we've gotten have been for a studio and we have gotten upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa everytime which was awesome but I'd be fine with the studio too. I like having the kitchen or even the kitchenette option.

Last year we got a very good AP/FL resident rate at AKL around the same time so I'm thinking if they have those available again then they should have the SSR rates too.

I'm thinking about doing the 5K. I am pretty new to running, have always been a walker so this would be my 2nd 5K actually. My first is in 1 1/2 weeks in my neighborhood. If that goes well I will definitely sign up for at least the 5K Minnie.

I think the tricky part will be getting from SSR to Epcot. Guess I'll have to drive? What time would you leave? ;)

DH is going to do the 5K this year and I am going to cheer him on. I am doing the 15k (already in the list), we are probably going to stay at Music. We are at AKV until the Friday before and then going to move to value to save on points and cash.

Yes I know exactly what you mean! I'm hoping they'll run some good AP or FL resident specials at SSR like they have been. I have found that resort to be the best place to get a good night's sleep (I'm also a light sleeper).

SSR is primarily a very quiet resort. And, with the specials they have been running over the past year it's been tough to turn them down. The specials we've gotten have been for a studio and we have gotten upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa everytime which was awesome but I'd be fine with the studio too. I like having the kitchen or even the kitchenette option.

Last year we got a very good AP/FL resident rate at AKL around the same time so I'm thinking if they have those available again then they should have the SSR rates too.

I'm thinking about doing the 5K. I am pretty new to running, have always been a walker so this would be my 2nd 5K actually. My first is in 1 1/2 weeks in my neighborhood. If that goes well I will definitely sign up for at least the 5K Minnie.

I think the tricky part will be getting from SSR to Epcot. Guess I'll have to drive? What time would you leave? ;)

Thanks for the feedback, Debra. DH knows how much this means to me, but he's watching the bottom line these days because he has a lot of projects he's hoping to get to. For me, the fact that this is the last Minnie is very persuasive.

He said tonight that we need to get great airfare (which is always dicey) and then a great AP rate OR we have to stay at Pop. I can't do Pop for such a short weekend when getting sleep would be important. Even though it's only a 15k, it's pretty far for me (technically, I did cover that far yesterday when I drove three miles each way to the gym and then did 3.5 miles on the treadmill :rolleyes1 but I don't think I'm allowed to count the driving miles...). SSR looked very quiet (we are considering DVC ownership). I was hoping for an Epcot resort so we could walk through after the race, but DH has made it clear that that is NOT an option. :(

My parents also said tonight they are considering taking a week at their timeshare across the street from DTD so that we can stay for free (and be recruited for scream team, but I won't tell them that yet!).

We're looking at the 5k and the 15k.

This is going to be fun!

I've added Minnie clippie directions to the first post! :goodvibes

I will be staying at BWV.

Anne, I have to say THANK YOU for scream teaming marathon weekend!! I felt like everywhere I looked, there you were (handing me orange slices and ice)!! I was wearing the boston red sox hat. You ROCK!!

Becky

Oh my gosh, Becky. I just noticed your ticker - three months, a week and four days until the Minnie. Really? Wow. That is kind of a kick in the pants, isn't it? For some reason January to May sounds like longer than that, but we are approaching the end of January and the race is the first weekend in May, so there you go! :cool1:

Hi all. This is all so exciting. I'm ready, and even antsy, to get back out and start walking again. (How's that for a change in attitude?) Kids are home today though, so it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention to our newbies..... If any of you are wanting to do this specifically for the Minnie medal, you must complete the 15K. There is a medal for the 5K finishers, but it is not Minnie. Also, last year the shirt was a cotton t-shirt not a tech shirt. I just want to let everyone know because last year, as a newbie, I was surprised with my medal. I was still pleased since it was my first one, but I though I'd get a Minnie one. I knew it wouldn't be the same as the 15K, but still Minnie. Also, since this is the last year, well..... you know.

John (Space Ranger) & I will be there. (as long as our grandson co-operates & doesn't want to be born early :laughing: ) We will both be doing both the 5k & the 15k and staying at Pop.

Thanks Anne for keeping track of the list.

I am doing the 15k! :banana:
Now, I have to get back into training mode!
Oh, and I'm staying at OKW. :)

Yes, both my mom and I will be there running both the 5K and the 15K. I figure we'll be staying at SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter