Minnie Van cost?

My driver said the tip was not included in the price.
Your Minnie Van driver did? They were misleading you based on all other information to date. Their position is a non-tipped position, like a CL CM. They are supposed to refuse tips. As CL CM are.
However, a CL CM is being observed directly and can get in trouble when they accept them. A Minnie Van driver is not so I suppose some drivers may believe what no one sees happen doesn't happen.

Am I the only one that thinks $20 is a bit too much or do I just sound super cheap lol? I remember my husband and I looking on Uber and Lfyt and seeing cheaper prices on their then the Minnie Vans. Also is it per person or for everyone in the cab?
Based on these prices from Pop to CR, yes, you may be one of the few that thinks $20 was too much.
Minnie Van is = to Uber XL so that's what you need to compare it to, not UberX.

Example (only using Uber as only Uber will offer a car seat option)
UberXL+Car Seat (only 1) from Pop to CR, $25 before tip
Uber XL, without car seat, from Pop to CR, $17 before tip

Based on these prices from Pop to CR, yes, you may be one of the few that thinks $20 was too much.
Minnie Van is = to Uber XL so that's what you need to compare it to, not UberX.
Ahh okay I think that's why I didn't see why its that worth it. Its just me and my hubby so no need for the roomier mini vans just yet.

Your Minnie Van driver did? They were misleading you based on all other information to date. Their position is a non-tipped position, like a CL CM. They are supposed to refuse tips. As CL CM are.
However, a CL CM is being observed directly and can get in trouble when they accept them. A Minnie Van driver is not so I suppose some drivers may believe what no one sees happen doesn't happen.
Yes, my Minnie Van driver, and he just so happened to be the same driver both times, days apart. Hmmmmm. Oh well.

Minnie van price increased with tickets prices and so did parking. Now $22 and preferred $45 I think

Actually, no, it's not.
Not if you compare exact vehicles and levels of service. Realize, Minnie Van is equal to XL

So, depending on where you are going, a $20 ride, which includes tip, was not at all out of line, and $25 isn't all that high either. Plus, it gets you 2 car seats, something Uber can't do at all.
Now, for those who don't need XL and/or don't need a car seat, it's never been cost effective. A fun splurge for sure, we've done it several times ourselves. But it's also not a fair comparison as you can't compare the cost of X to XL
The only other thing you need to decide, and it doesn't have a monetary value exactly, is how much is a drop off at MK bus stop worth to you? This is the only other thing Minnie Van can do that Uber can't. Uber can get to CR but that's not the same as Bus stop 11
No argument here. You're right, which is why I ended my post with that parenthetical.

Just us - an older couple (2).... don't need car seats. Don't need a van for 12 :).

Please, just check prices for traditional CABS. They won't get you "park to park", within reserved security zones.....
but they are WONDERFUL for getting to a restaurant. MANY of these trips are "short haul" - traditional cabs use a combination of mileage and time. While I can't quote this? It appears to be State Law. And traditional MEARS taxis take CASH - no need to park your CC Number on a non-Disney Website.

Example: My dear wife and I need to go from WL to the GF for Dinner. One way cost? About $10 with 20% tip. WL to Contemporary? About the same.

Now, we don't have to haul a huge family. MV's may FIT others. But please, do a cost comparison. Our worst case situation is WL to Swan/Dolphin, party of TWO. That has always been a $25 with 20% tip ride :).

We have had two drivers tell us this:

We are supposed to refuse a tip 3 times if it is offered. If you choose to tip thru Lyft we receive those tips in our paycheck. So, technically a non tipped position but in typical Disney fashion a grey area where guests may be confused about tipping.

We have tipped many of our drivers because they were simply outstanding and provided service above and beyond.

We used a Minnie Van in January and it was great. We only used it to try it out the buses from WL were fine the week we were there. We used the lyft app to tip the driver he had no problem accepting the tip. My husband asked him if he gets the tip or Disney gets the tip, He said no he will receive the tip, so we tipped him. I have to say $25 plus tip does seem like a lot. Will only use for early morning breakfast or in a pinch. We have been using buses with three children, a stroller and with groups have patience and they are fine.

We have had two drivers tell us this:

We are supposed to refuse a tip 3 times if it is offered. If you choose to tip thru Lyft we receive those tips in our paycheck. So, technically a non tipped position but in typical Disney fashion a grey area where guests may be confused about tipping.

We have tipped many of our drivers because they were simply outstanding and provided service above and beyond.
Same general rule the CL CM must follow. They are to refuse 3 times. Then can accept. I believe some are accepting first time though, as no one is looking over their shoulders

Others have said they don't receive the tip via the app at all.

I hate to say this, but based on an article I iread yesterday, the price is now 25.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....

Really hoping everyone else wants a MinnieVan.... it's going to get easier for my dear wife and I to get a MEARS cab :).

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....

Really hoping everyone else wants a MinnieVan.... it's going to get easier for my dear wife and I to get a MEARS cab :).
Without a doubt. Cabs are all over. They cost more than even Minnie Vans folks are going to them last. I see double digits waiting at every park and even most resorts

Last Saturday night, we couldn’t locate one Minnie Van at 9:30 pm at MK. Supply and demand.

I was surprised they increased the price so fast!

With my hubby along, I’ve used Uber. Traveling alone with my son, I felt more comfortable in a Minnie Van. I like having all the options. I will use the Minnie Vans for places like MK and FW where Uber can’t access.

Actually, no, it's not.
Not if you compare exact vehicles and levels of service. Realize, Minnie Van is equal to XL

So, depending on where you are going, a $20 ride, which includes tip, was not at all out of line, and $25 isn't all that high either. Plus, it gets you 2 car seats, something Uber can't do at all.
Now, for those who don't need XL and/or don't need a car seat, it's never been cost effective. A fun splurge for sure, we've done it several times ourselves. But it's also not a fair comparison as you can't compare the cost of X to XL
The only other thing you need to decide, and it doesn't have a monetary value exactly, is how much is a drop off at MK bus stop worth to you? This is the only other thing Minnie Van can do that Uber can't. Uber can get to CR but that's not the same as Bus stop 11
I didn't realize they included car seats. That's great to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter