Minnie Van for getting to EMM at MK

DizBelle

DIS Veteran
What are some real world stories of using the Minnie Van service to get to Early Morning Magic at MK? Are there any issues to be aware of?

Does anyone know how many Minnie Vans there are out there?

Things might've changed since last year before the price hike, but in June, we took a minnie van to both Animal Kingdom to line up for rope drop during EMH and Magic Kingdom during EMH when the bus was definitely not coming. We were staying at Port Orleans Riverside. You have to go to a specific, designated pick up spot that will show up on the lyft app after you've chosen a minnie van. I remember them saying that they don't start until 6:30am at the dot, so you couldn't order anything before. There were 6 cars in the area when we ordered, but I hope they've upped their fleet. Picked us up and dropped us off right by bus depot (which normal ride shares can't do). So easy and definitely worth the extra cost when you have a tight schedule. Never had a problem getting one confirmed super early and it was peak summer time crowds. Hope that helps, but I assume everyone's experience will be a little different especially depending on the park you're going to and resort you're coming from.

I could not get one in September when we were trying to go to HS for an early morning event. I wound up using regular Lyft. That won't work out for you, since regular Lyft cannot drop you at MK entrance.

I would be prepared to have a backup plan. I was ready to use Lyft/Minnie Vans in March, but I never needed to. Bus was always there in a few minutes.

Where are you staying?

I haven't tried getting a Minnie Van in the early morning but I did use it twice during my November 2018 trip. The first time one came very quickly. The second time I waited a good 30 minutes for one to arrive and missed probably 2 buses to MK.

I don't see any reason to use them unless you are a) in a rush or b) staying off-site and therefore only able to access the TTC (but do Minnie Vans even service off-site hotels?) You will be able to board a bus from any Disney resort and make it to MK EMM in plenty of time.

I could not get one in September when we were trying to go to HS for an early morning event. I wound up using regular Lyft. That won't work out for you, since regular Lyft cannot drop you at MK entrance.

I would be prepared to have a backup plan. I was ready to use Lyft/Minnie Vans in March, but I never needed to. Bus was always there in a few minutes.

Where are you staying?

Beach Club

Took one from CBR to EMM this past Sunday. Worked great.

As we were getting ready, I was eyeballing both the bus wait times and Minnie Van availability to make a judgement call. Ended up going with Minnie Van as it would save a few mins vs all the other pick-ups at CBR, but bus would have worked too.

Picked up at 7:03am and dropped off at MK at 7:19am. If I remember correctly the estimated bus drop off was more like 7:29pm at that particular moment in time I was checking the app.

We were well early and towards the front of those gathering for EMM and PPO ADRs on that particular morning. It was one of those “everything worked well” transportation mornings. :-)

Took one from CBR to EMM this past Sunday. Worked great.

As we were getting ready, I was eyeballing both the bus wait times and Minnie Van availability to make a judgement call. Ended up going with Minnie Van as it would save a few mins vs all the other pick-ups at CBR, but bus would have worked too.

Picked up at 7:03am and dropped off at MK at 7:19am. If I remember correctly the estimated bus drop off was more like 7:29pm at that particular moment in time I was checking the app.

We were well early and towards the front of those gathering for EMM and PPO ADRs on that particular morning. It was one of those “everything worked well” transportation mornings. :-)

Oh - where can you look at bus times? We rarely use the buses because we really hate them. But staying at BC, we may need to consider them at least for MK.

Oh - where can you look at bus times? We rarely use the buses because we really hate them. But staying at BC, we may need to consider them at least for MK.

Yeah, what @FCDub said. It’ll show the same data on the bus wait time screens at the bus stops. Note that it’s effectively real-time so you’ll see things bounce around, sometimes by a little and sometimes by a lot.

We used the Minni Van service a few times this past April and it worked great. The first trip was from OKW to the Beach Club, the second was OKW to the Poly, and third was OKW to the Contemporary. Did we need to use the service, no, but having the service available was a nice alternative.

We did EMM at MK in November and we took Minnie Vans to get there early. We had no issues getting 2 minnie vans from POR. They picked us up right outside of our rooms outside of our building and it saved so much time than waiting for the bus. We used the minnie vans a lot on that trip since the buses at POR were awful. When you are booking the minnie van on the Lyft app, it searches for vehicles (which can take a minute or two) and when one becomes available it pops right up, you pay and then it shows you exactly where the minnie van is driving and how far away it is from you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter