Minnie's Character Breakfast Question

ThePrincess&TheJohn

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Going to Disneyland for the first time this summer (WDW veteran). I love character meals and it sounds like this would be the best for us b/c it has a lot of different characters. I am solely basing my decision around characters, not price, location, or food. So my question is: if we ate here twice in a 5 day trip, would there be variety of characters most likely or would it probably be the same lineup? TY!

Hi all! Going to Disneyland for the first time this summer (WDW veteran). I love character meals and it sounds like this would be the best for us b/c it has a lot of different characters. I am solely basing my decision around characters, not price, location, or food. So my question is: if we ate here twice in a 5 day trip, would there be variety of characters most likely or would it probably be the same lineup? TY!

It would be the same ones.

We did 3 character meals our last trip. Princesses (which is closed now) Minnie’s and surfs up.

This is a really good links about in general who you may see at each

https://disneylanddaily.com/a-complete-guide-to-character-meals-at-disneyland-resort/

Mostly the same. There seems to be a couple that vary between our trips, but that's not a lot since we usually see around 10 each time.

You would more than likely have many of the same characters. We have eaten there on all of our trips pretty much and have seen mostly the same ones: Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Fairy Godmother are the usual suspects although we have seen a few others like Rafiki, Max, White Rabbit and Gus which are not always there.

I recommend getting an earlier seating and planning on 90+ minutes so you can see as many as possible in one visit. For a second option consider the Critter breakfast at the grand. There are only 4 to 5 characters but some you will not see in the parks including Brother Bears and Meeko.

Plaza apparently you have more characters show up.

We did surfs up and got Mickey, Minnie, Daisy and Stitch

I love the Plaza Inn and the number of character appearances is amazing. But I wouldn't go twice. I also love Surf's Up Breakfast on our last day (when we are not going to the parks) as it's a good chance to see Mickey and they usually have my favourite Stitch.

Man you guys must have gone at high volume times of year. We’ve done Minnie & Friends probably 15-20 times over the last 13 years (since having kids - we are local) and have never once gotten more than 5-6 characters. And we have slow eaters... like watching paint dry level of slow.
Minnie is a given, but we’ve never seen the rest of her gang. We’ve seen all kids of random characters, but Captain Hook seems to be a constant every time for some reason. I feel like we get a lot of villains and really random animals. Sometimes I kinda feel like someone goes to Costume and says Give me the ones at the way way back of the closet. LOL

We went to Plaza Inn for a CB on March 2nd. We were there at least 90minutes.
We saw Eeyore, Rafiki, chip and Dale, Hook, Max, Geppetto, Tigger, Pooh, Minnie and Fairy Godmother.
If we hadn't taken that long we wouldn't have seen this many characters. It takes time for them to stop at each tables.

I wouldn't go to Plaza Inn twice in one trip.

Not to Hi-Jack...
Does anyone have a current opinion on Goofy's Kitchen? Wondering if it's improved.

Geemo

We saw Eeyore, Rafiki, chip and Dale, Hook, Max, Geppetto, Tigger, Pooh, Minnie and Fairy Godmother.
If we hadn't taken that long we wouldn't have seen this many characters. It takes time for them to stop at each tables.

Not to Hi-Jack...
Does anyone have a current opinion on Goofy's Kitchen? Wondering if it's improved.

Geemo

My son and I went to Goofy's beginning of October (not sure if that's 'current' or not :-) )
We have been to Plaza Inn a few times now and had gone earlier in the trip. It was a real effort to get the characters to come over to our table. Many came into our section but left again without stopping at our table. It was pretty frustrating to say the least.
Had been to Goofy's before and felt it was a bit meh - but we had a great time last time when we went for dinner. Very easy and very organised character interaction. Mickey was there as well at that time, not sure if he still is but that meant we saw: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Chip n Dale.
I don't mind the food there - we thought it was fine.

OP: I wouldn't go to Plaza Inn twice myself - not sure if I'd go at all again based on our last couple of experiences : )
You will mainly see the same characters if you go twice - maybe one or two 'might' be different.
I like it because it's the only one 'IN' the park and we like to do Magic Morning then have a late B/F.

We had B/F at Storytellers last October too and really liked it. We had an early booking of 7am on our first morning in the parks - we knew we would be jet lagged and up really early and the parks weren't opening till 9 or 10am so figured we may as well have the B/F first.
It was really fun. Being there at opening and being only 1 of a few occupied tables the characters were really attentive and came by on multiple occasions.
You don't see as many character there though - we saw Chip n Dale, Pluto and Brother Bear (I think that's who it was)

My son and I went to Goofy's beginning of October (not sure if that's 'current' or not :-) )
We have been to Plaza Inn a few times now and had gone earlier in the trip. It was a real effort to get the characters to come over to our table. Many came into our section but left again without stopping at our table. It was pretty frustrating to say the least.
We've had the same problem when we have been seated inside in the middle part in one of the back tables. The tables in the front of the back row make it difficult for them to get through.

We've had the same problem when we have been seated inside in the middle part in one of the back tables. The tables in the front of the back row make it difficult for them to get through.

Yep - that's exactly where we were! :) Once the place cleared out a bit we had to move to the row in front just to catch a few of the characters. The whole point of eating there is to see the characters so they really need to sort out a better arrangement for that area.
When we sat outside we had the issue of guests from outside just walking in and have M & G with the characters - none were challenged by any of the staff.
We probably had the best meal when we were sat inside in the 'patio' area that looks out through the windows to TomorrowLand.

Not to Hi-Jack...

Geemo
Newbie question on lingo - whats a CB? Nevermind - Character Breakfast :) Im dying to see Gepetto, I wonder if hes at Plaza Inn regularly

Yep - that's exactly where we were! :) Once the place cleared out a bit we had to move to the row in front just to catch a few of the characters. The whole point of eating there is to see the characters so they really need to sort out a better arrangement for that area.
When we sat outside we had the issue of guests from outside just walking in and have M & G with the characters - none were challenged by any of the staff.
We probably had the best meal when we were sat inside in the 'patio' area that looks out through the windows to TomorrowLand.
I guess we live and learn....
Now I know not to accept a back row table when they are seating us for any character meal.
Unless there is ample room for characters to approach our table.

I agree that you shouldn’t do Minnie’s Breakfast twice. We love it, but recommend it once and either Goofy’s Kitchen at DLH or Surf’s Up at PPH or maybe Storyteller’s at GCH if you are woodsy fans and want a bit of an alternative. Goofy’s gives you more traditional characters (including Mickey) and a choice besides breakfast. Surf’s Up has fun beachy theming and all the main squeezes: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, etc.

I am a little confused as to where the back tables are at Plaza Inn? Just want to be sure to avoid these "back tables" on our next trip lol!

I am a little confused as to where the back tables are at Plaza Inn? Just want to be sure to avoid these "back tables" on our next trip lol!
Not sure if the photo is clear enough...
The top arrow (red) is pointing down to the back table where the characters find it difficult to access once people are sitting at the table in front of it. Table with the (blue) arrow is fine.
2018-03-14 003a.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter