Mis-information, AKL deluxe rooms sleeping five.

Richyams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I just found out that we seem to have some mis information on these boards.

Deluxe AKL rooms do NOT sleep five. A certain catagory of these rooms sleeps five. It seems that only the Queen/bunk deluxe room is the only one with the daybed to allow a fifth.

I only found out about this from a CM who ansered the phone. She said that they have had a great deal of trouble with groups of five showing up and saying "All AKL deluxe rooms sllep five". It seems that they have to shuffle, send people to other hotels, and just truly dissapoint people because there is this idea out there that all deluxe rooms sleep five. Supposedly, they are taking care of it in their systems and educating CRO CMs about the actual room configuurations.

I have often wondered why they just don't put a daybed in the deluxe rooms with two queens. One thing about AKL that really throws me off from staying there is the non-guaranteed daybed.

I spoke with at least 1/2 dozen CRO CMs in the first year that AKL opened, and every one of them spoke about Deluxe Savannah rooms being slightly larger (although not as large as OKW, I'm sure) and accomodating 5. Sounds like Disney created a problem.

I DID read that on the "Official" DIS info thread on this board...maybe the Webmasters should be informed to say "Some" of these rooms have daybeds.

And thank you,Richams, for your neverending crusade to ensure that the correct # of folks sleep in every WDW room!;)

We were in a concierge room last December. I've kind of been confused all along, because our room had two queens, there was not a day bed, and I'd been told that

A. All concierge rooms are deluxe rooms, and
B. All deluxe rooms had a daybed.

So we were either in a non-deluxe room or not all deluxe rooms have daybeds (there was a VERY comfortable overstuffed chair and ottoman.)

Additionally I had heard so many complaints about the standard rooms at AKL being very small. Our room was no where near as large as the ones we've had at the GF, but was certainly not All Star sized as many have stated. So now I'm thinking that we were in a deluxe room that didn't have a daybed. It was larger than a room at CBR or PO, but a little smaller than a room at the BC.

In all honesty, a daybed would have fit, but only if they took out the chair, and I think it would have made the room feel very small.

Anne

According to the official WDW "AKL" website:

- - - - - - -
Most rooms have a maximum five-person occupancy per room. Prices are per room, and there is an additional adult charge of $25 per adult per night for more than two adults in a room. Prices, benefits, and other terms are subject to change without notice. Length-of-stay requirements may apply. Rooms subject to availability. Certain nights are already sold out. Prices are in U.S. dollars.
- - - - - - -

If WDW is so concerned by the "five" rule, then maybe they should yank what they have stated on their official website and just put it at "four" to be safe.

We had the same experience when we stayed on the concierge level in December. I was surprised that there were only 2 queen beds & I thought the room felt small for what was supposed to be a "larger" room... so, being me of course I asked!! Indeed we were in a deluxe room with just two queen beds, as Rich said, not all deluxe rooms sleep five... We were surprised, but it didn't affect us too much... I actually think the room feels smaller than it is, because the furniture is so large (but beautiful of course)

I agree with other posters that it is Disney themselves creating this problem. I have received this information in two forms in the last week from Disney directly!!!

Just last week I received a WDW planning video by mail. It contained a brochure that shows a chart of all Disney properties and their ammenities. The first column is labeled, "Max. occupancy per STANDARD room". All deluxes except WL are listed as FIVE (including AKL).

Based on this information, I was very excited to place my call to CRO on Monday morning to get my standard room at $139. I was, of course, informed that this was incorrect information (I could hardly believe that their printed literature could be wrong!) and that I would need to go to a deluxe room. The CM told me just what you are posting "the only difference between the standard and deluxe rooms was the addition of the daybed!" She said it was the daybed itself that made it a deluxe. And now my great code rate that I woke up at 6am to book was nearly double...$249!!!!

To read now that even this information is erroneous is downright infuriating. Disney really needs to get their act together!!!:mad: :mad:

Last April we had 2 deluxe Savannah rooms booked at AKL. One had a Queen size bed, a set of bunks and a daybed. The connecting room had 2 queen size beds only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter