Missing 180 booking window? How bad is it?

As you see from the responses here, even in the unlikely event you are blocked out of a reservation one week into your 180s, people are constantly moving stuff around. ADRs pop up all the time.

Usually you can find what you need within your first few tries.

Not sure where you are cruising to or what cell phone carrier you have, but you could make your reservation during one of your port stops if you are worried. Either check your cell phone service or get wifi near the port.

We seldom make any ADRs more than 90 days out. More likely than not to be checking closer to the 60 day mark. The only problem we had for our recent stay (mid-January) was getting SciFi lunch at our preferred time when we booked ADRs in November after returning from a cruise of our own. However, we settled on a late lunch (after 2:30 pm) and planned our FP+s, other meals, and snacks around that.

You'll be fine. I missed the 180 days for my most recent trip and still got what I wanted - including a 10am Mother's Day brunch at California Grill. I've gotten CRT a few days before arrival. You may just need to be patient and keep trying for ADRs or use the Touring Plans reservation finder, but I've never had a reservation I couldn't eventually get.

I will always login at 180 days, make all my reservations, swear to myself that this is it, and then spend the next 5 months and 29 days tinkering with my plans and moving restaurants and dates and times around. 😂 As others have said, request a reservation finder if you’re really shut out of something, but otherwise just keep checking and you’ll be fine.

Some might be hard to get but keep trying. We booked Boma for breakfast last week about 40 minutes prior, Sanaa about 2 hours before dinner, moved Jaleo up 45 minutes about 90 minutes before dinner, and we had a few other options on the day of that either DH or I just didn't feel like even though there was availability (e.g., Chefs de France for an early dinner, Teppan Edo, even one for Ohana for dinner as well as Cali Grill).

You don't need to pay to use the reservation finder.
Good to know! We get the subscription for the plans so I just assumed it was necessary to use the tool.
I was able to get every reservation I wanted with it :flower1:

We booked our Thanksgiving week ‘19 trip less than 180 days out. I didn't have any trouble getting our ADRs, a couple of which are always quick to go (Le Cellier and Teppan Edo). I did get a later than ideal for us time at Le Cellier and just kept checking back. We ended up with a better time closer to trip time. Good luck!

We booked our upcoming trip less that 180 days out, and got pretty much everything we wanted. The only thing I had a hard time with was getting Cali Grill for fireworks. We ended up with a 9:00 and will just go up about 10 min early and watch from the deck.

Good to know! We get the subscription for the plans so I just assumed it was necessary to use the tool.
I was able to get every reservation I wanted with it :flower1:
You don't need to pay for the plans, either. The only things you need to pay for are the (useless) crowd calendars, room requests, and use of the app.

You should be ok... I think the hardest will probably be Sci-Fi. Just be open to eating at off times if your ideal times aren't available.

We booked a last minute (3 months out) trip last year and I was shocked at how many good reservations were available- we were able to book Via Napoli, Le Cellier, CA Grill, and a few others.

You can try from a port you might be in at a wifi spot. That way you wont miss a whole week. Or have someone at home log into your account and try for you??

But from your list, I dont see any issues except the Space one. We went 08/08 - 08/20 last summer, during free dining and I got everything I wanted..mostly super popular restaurants. Even Snow White dinner on our first night! Other than the MK, all other parks were practically dead. Granted, SWGE had not yet opened.

I will always login at 180 days, make all my reservations, swear to myself that this is it, and then spend the next 5 months and 29 days tinkering with my plans and moving restaurants and dates and times around. 😂 As others have said, request a reservation finder if you’re really shut out of something, but otherwise just keep checking and you’ll be fine.

This is so me!

We’re 135 days out and my daughter just decided she wanted to go too. I went in last night and updated every reservation for the week with no issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter