Missing luggage tags?

Sarco11

Mouseketeer
I tried to call DCL but did not really get an answer to my question/solution to my issue, so I am hoping someone else has dealt with this before.

We are flying into MCO tomorrow for a cruise on Friday leaving out of Port Canaveral. We are staying at the MCO Hyatt.

Our luggage tags were lost somewhere between being shipped and our mailbox. We would like to leave our luggage in our room, BUT can we do this without luggage tags? I think that would be a stressful choice not knowing if our bags would be joining us on the trip.

Does the Hyatt have extra tags at the desk? Will we have to wait to talk to the DCL representatives in the morning?

The DCL person on the phone suggested finding a DCL Cruise person at MCO in baggage claim when we land. I don't think that any cruises are leaving tomorrow, so would a DCL rep just be wandering around baggage claim on a random Thursday afternoon handing out blank bag tags to DCL cruisers? She read some script to me but then herself realized that was intended for the day OF embarkation.

I am not in a panic, just disappointed that we did not get that mailing, that the DCL phone rep was not very helpful (very rare), and we probably will not have the convenience of not lugging our bags around the Hyatt, which was a nice sounding perk.

Would appreciate any tidbits of info any of you may have. Thanks!

I don’t think you need the tags until you get to the port. I thought DCL was no longer handling the luggage, even with their transportation. If this is the case, the porters at port have tags.

I agree with Soniam - I don’t think DCL handles luggage at MCO anymore.

We are from Canada and almost never get our luggage tags before we leave (they are in our mailbox when we get home). All you need to do is give your cabin number when you arrive at the port. The porters work for the port not DCL so we always make sure to tip them.

DCL will collect your luggage from your room at the Hyatt as long as your transfer specifically says HYATT and not MCO. There’s someone at the DCL table (in December it was near the restaurant) by 8am at the latest. Just run down and ask for some blank tags to attach to your luggage. The other thing I did was tape a $5 bill to one of my suitcases . . And I saw the luggage guys near the elevators and said “Room 8007 - $5 tip on the handle!” and the guy smiled and said “I’ll get it next run!”

DCL will collect your luggage from your room at the Hyatt as long as your transfer specifically says HYATT and not MCO. There’s someone at the DCL table (in December it was near the restaurant) by 8am at the latest. Just run down and ask for some blank tags to attach to your luggage. The other thing I did was tape a $5 bill to one of my suitcases . . And I saw the luggage guys near the elevators and said “Room 8007 - $5 tip on the handle!” and the guy smiled and said “I’ll get it next run!”
When I stayed at the Hyatt before a cruise, the luggage handlers came to get my stuff before the DCL rep arrived, so waiting for the DCL rep to get tags isn't ideal. Besides, the rep might be busy setting up and dealing with whoever else needs help, further delaying everything.

You can bring your luggage down to the DCL rep's table in the morning and have the luggage handlers pick it up there and tag it. That's what I ended up doing.

When I stayed at the Hyatt before a cruise, the luggage handlers came to get my stuff before the DCL rep arrived, so waiting for the DCL rep to get tags isn't ideal. Besides, the rep might be busy setting up and dealing with whoever else needs help, further delaying everything.

You can bring your luggage down to the DCL rep's table in the morning and have the luggage handlers pick it up there and tag it. That's what I ended up doing.

There is absolutely no issue waiting until the reps come to get the tags. I did it in September. I checked with the baggage people if it was an issue and they said no as they mark off which rooms are ready to collect the bags from on a piece of paper. He just didn't mark me off until I'd gone up and put the tags on. You could though bring them down if you were concerned but as said no issues at all. Luggage still arrived.

Thank you for the replies! After consulting with the front desk at check in on Thursday, my husband stayed downstairs to register and grab tags post breakfast while my daughter and I went back to the room in case someone came by for the luggage. DH got us on the first bus and brought up the tags. I did leave cash for a tip on the bags as I had seen that in another post about luggage pick up. The process was pretty smooth. Next challenge is navigating sailing out of NYC in October!

This person has sailed and returned already, but another option is the Disney Cruise Transport check-in desk down near Mears Connect. That's for MCO check-in, not hotel. BUT, they take your luggage and load it on big trucks to the port (where I'm willing to bet the Hyatt luggage also ends up) and they're there pretty early.

It's an option if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter