• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Missing Pictures on card- any way to retrieve?

kaddjr

<font color=peach>Now I'm going to have to stalk t
On our recent trip, I took quite a few photos using a digital camera and memory cards. Unfortunately, when I got home, I discovered some were missing while downloading. I figure I am missing anywhere from 50-100 pictures between the two cards I used. I know the pictures are there because when I put the cards in my camcorder, it comes up with "Unidentifiable image" where the picture should be. Is there any chance those pictures could be retrieved somehow? The reason I ask (other than the obvious- I want them) is this- this has happened once before (on our last trip as a matter of fact) and months later when I was deleting the pictures off one of the cards, some of the missing pictures just showed up. They were NOT there before. So I download those and delete everything off the card. Checked, double checked- nothing on the card. When I was downloading after returning from our recent trip, many of the deleted photos showed up! :confused3 So, I am wondering if maybe a speciality photo shop may be able to pull them up somehow? I would really like to delete both cards, but am afraid to just in case, iykwim. Has anyone experienced this type of problem?

I would call a photo store and see what they say. I haven't tried to do it here at home but it may be those photos were taken in a different setting. Like RAW instead of JPEG.....just a thought. With all the buttons on my camera things get bumped so maybe that is the case with your missing photos.

There are image recovery programs out there all you have to do is Google them. Some even come free with certain memory cards. If you have a memory card reader you may be able to see the files on the card which may have become corrupted in the camera. If you can see them on the reader you should be able to copy them to your computer and then try to open them. Deleting photos does NOT clean off the memory card. It erases the file name but not the file structure. You must format the card ( prefereably in the camera) to clean the card of any old files. Of course once you format the card it is really hard to recover missed photos. But at least you won't have to worry about them showing up later and using up your memory card. Cause until you format the card the file structures will still be there leaving you less room on your card for pictures. I would go to my local photo shop, not an electronics store but a true photo shop, and ask for their help. Of course if you were one of my relatives you would just call me and I would walk you thru it on the phone. LOL! They do it all the time!

A standard among professionals is Image Rescue by Lexar. It can be purchased off of their web site: www.lexar.com

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! At least there is some hope of recovering them! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter