Missing Thai soccer boys and coach are found alive in cave, EVERYONE is out of the cave!

It is absolutely incredible that they found them and they are all okay. I was so glad to see that! They are bringing in food and supplies, which I'm sure is a big relief for those kids ans their coach. There is still some difficulty ahead and I hope for the best as they work on actually extracting the boys.

They are talking about bringing in a 4 month supply of food and water. Could be an extended time before they are all out.

On the news I just watched they said they may have to wait until the rainy season ends- in October! That is the reason for the 4 month food supply.

Hi Robin, would you want to update the title so we and others can post and follow along

What's wrong with the thread title as is? They are all still alive aren't they? :eek: And they apparently will be in the cave for quite some time. :badpc: We can still post & follow along. :confused3

The one title update I can't wait for is: They are all OUT!!! :jumping1:

Hoping that's sooner than later.
a0b7fdf6.gif

What's wrong with the thread title as is? They are all still alive aren't they? :eek: And they apparently will be in the cave for quite some time. :badpc: We can still post & follow along. :confused3

The one title update I can't wait for is: They are all OUT!!! :jumping1:

Hoping that's sooner than later.
a0b7fdf6.gif
Haha, yes! :goodvibes

I just thought there might be a different group more interested in the rescue itself aside from those who'll post to say yeah, glad boys are found. :hyper:

Praying for these boys and their coach. I can’t imagine what their parents are going through. I’d want to dive down and be in there with them.

I’m so hopeful that they’ll be out much sooner than anticipated. Every hour must feel like an eternity.

Thanks, Robin!

Reading through quotes from rescuers, a lot of them have said it would be their worst nightmare to be trapped in a cave the way the boys are. I think if they wait, it will be a constant worry that the water will rise. Ugh.

This terrifies me. My heart and soul reaches out to these pour mites.

I've read a few articles, but I can't seem to find any information on how they ended up where they are. Can anyone catch me up?

I've read a few articles, but I can't seem to find any information on how they ended up where they are. Can anyone catch me up?
I saw reference to it in some comments, but not actually in articles. From what I read, where they live there are lots of superstitions. It was thought to be good luck for teams to go into the cave and touch the wall before the start of the season. That's what they did. And when they did, they became trapped by floods, so they moved upward. Then waters rose, so even the paths they walked became flooded. Fortunately they hit one high spot. It was a miracle both that they found somewhere up high and that rescuers somehow found them. They're like, a mile in or something crazy like that.

I saw reference to it in some comments, but not actually in articles. From what I read, where they live there are lots of superstitions. It was thought to be good luck for teams to go into the cave and touch the wall before the start of the season. That's what they did. And when they did, they became trapped by floods, so they moved upward. Then waters rose, so even the paths they walked became flooded. Fortunately they hit one high spot. It was a miracle both that they found somewhere up high and that rescuers somehow found them. They're like, a mile in or something crazy like that.

Thank you. How terrifying it must have been as the waters kept rising on them.

Thank you. How terrifying it must have been as the waters kept rising on them.
Yes. And for nine days they were in a dark, small area not knowing if they'd be found. None of them can swim. And in a few days, it's going to become rainy season, so waters could rise more. They either have to learn to swim and dive and attempt to swim out now, with the help of rescuers, but it's treacherous even for trained divers, as passageways sometimes don't allow even for an oxygen tank, let alone two people with tanks, and water is coffee colored, plus it's a mile long. And there are 13 of them to get out. One alternative that's been suggested is waiting until October, when it becomes dry season, but there are no guarantees waters won't rise to critical levels, and then there's the matter of having to stay in that spot for months. Two Thai doctors have offered to stay with them, and they're running telephone lines so they can talk to their families, but mentally and physically it's going to be tough, with no guarantees they'll get out alive. They're looking at drilling into the mountain from the top, but there's worry they could cause a collapse of the structure that's holding them, and whether they'll be able to reach them, etc. No easy answers. :guilty: Families are asking for prayers. (There are diagrams in the link in post #23 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5915565/How-terrified-Thai-boys-there.html

I've heard that the current is also quite strong and that the experienced divers had problems swimming in it.

I've heard that the current is also quite strong and that the experienced divers had problems swimming in it.

There are also sections where the water is so murky & soupy that the experienced divers describe it as swimming though black, muddy coffee.

The last pic above isn't quite accurate. It's not all underwater. There are two sections that are (currently) above water and the divers use each area as staging areas. It also allows them to come up out of the water when going back & forth. However, if it rains more, then yes, the whole thing will look like the pic. :(

Even so, it has taken some of the expert, experienced divers 6 hours to get all the way through from beginning to end.

The rescue team is teaching the kids how to scuba dive now. It's not like the kids have much to occupy their time otherwise. And it gives the rescue team an option of how to proceed, once the kids know how to swim & dive.

EDITED: A FIOS cable is being threaded all the way through so the kids will be able to call & talk to their parents on the other side. The cable equipment got too wet yesterday while under water. But, they are making another attempt today, once they figure out how to keep the cable equipment dry.

Last edited:
There are also sections where the water is so murky & soupy that the experienced divers describe it as swimming though black, muddy coffee.

The last pic above isn't quite accurate. It's not all underwater. There are two sections that are (currently) above water and the divers use each area as staging areas. It also allows them to come up out of the water when going back & forth. However, if it rains more, then yes, the whole thing will look like the pic. :(

Even so, it has taken some of the expert, experienced divers 6 hours to get all the way through from beginning to end.

The rescue team is teaching the kids how to scuba dive now. It's not like the kids have much to occupy their time otherwise. And it gives the rescue team an option of how to proceed, once the kids know how to swim & dive.

A FIOS cable is being threaded all the way through so the kids will be able to call & talk to their parents on the other side. The cable got too wet yesterday while under water. But, they are making another attempt today, once they figure out how to keep the cable dry.

They have cables laid under the ocean (and have had for decades) so it can't be THAT hard to figure it out. Any of the major telephone companies could tell them how.

They have cables laid under the ocean (and have had for decades) so it can't be THAT hard to figure it out. Any of the major telephone companies could tell them how.

Seriously? You are forgetting that they are trying to thread the cable through a twisty, narrow, and JAGGED path.

I think usually the ends are always above water and they just sink the middle section. Then they add on to each end as they need more length, but the ends are always above water. Here that one end that has to reach the boys is totally underwater.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter