• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Missing Thai soccer boys and coach are found alive in cave, EVERYONE is out of the cave!

In Star Wars 5: The Empire Strikes Back, there is a scene where Luke Skywalker jumps down a hole to a whole level below. I wouldn't even do that, and it was huge down there and there was no water. :scared: I need to know I can get back up & out.

Last edited:
I was having a hard time understanding how it could take 6 hours to go 2 1/2 miles to get to the boys, but after watching some of that video, I GET IT! WTH, who would want to do that? Dang I'd be afraid I couldn't find a big enough space to turn back around and come back out. Wow! And who is the first person who ever goes in and charts the course:scared1:

In Star Wars 6: The Empire Strikes Back, there is a scene where Luke Skywalker jumps down a hole to a whole level below. I wouldn't even do that, and it was huge down there and there was no water. :scared: I need to know I can get back up & out.

As a Star Wars geek, I can’t let that stand. Episode 5.

I was having a hard time understanding how it could take 6 hours to go 2 1/2 miles to get to the boys, but after watching some of that video, I GET IT! WTH, who would want to do that? Dang I'd be afraid I couldn't find a big enough space to turn back around and come back out. Wow! And who is the first person who ever goes in and charts the course:scared1:
Gutsy people who are willing to put their lives on the line - pretty amazing. I'd like to think I'd go pretty far to help someone in danger, but there are things I just couldn't do no matter what. Gotta give these heroes major appreciation no matter what the results of this are.

CNN just reported that not only did the Thai police put up a green netting to block the view of cameras seeing & recording the entrance a few hours ago, just now, ALL news media & other non-personnel to the rescue are being moved further away, down the road from the entrance. Also, less Thai police presence seems to be at the entrance. They may also are being moved to the new area.

This does not sound good. :(

:scratchin Unless they are hoping to move the kids quickly from the cave into ambulances further down, and they are only going to let the media film the ambulances speeding away. :confused3 I remember seeing practice drills of the some of the rescue team moving stretchers immediately onto ambulances, a couple days ago.

The Thai authorities may also be wanting to give the families some privacy with the boys before being whisked away to the hospital. The Thai authorities may have seen some of the U.S. videos of a few Mexican children who were taken from their parents and have finally been reunited, with the parents & kids hugging & crying, being played endlessly on the news, and they don't want that for these families. :scratchin

Last edited:

On Reddit, someone linked a video of cave diving (in clear, not murky, water) where the space is so tight that they have to take their tanks off in order to get through. Here's the video.
Why, oh why, oh why would people do that? Not in the emergency situation currently, but for sport? That is SO claustrophobic. If one diver behind got stuck or had a problem,what about those ahead? And so many questions.

but after watching some of that video, I GET IT! WTH, who would want to do that? Dang I'd be afraid I couldn't find a big enough space to turn back around and come back out. Wow! And who is the first person who ever goes in and charts the course:scared1:
All of that.

According to the ABC Live Stream, all the news media have been moved to some building's concrete parking lot and penned in together. They are under a bunch of portable, collapsible canopies, to shade them from the sun. So it looks like they are expected to be there for a while.

In front of the outside of the building, a long banquet table is set up with 4 chairs. The Thai officials are expected to give some update on their progress soon. It is 10:25 am there.

I heard an interview with a dive expert that suggested that they start with the strongest boys first because they have a better chance to get out with any hiccups or small mistakes. The assistant divers would then learn from the voyage of those boys and know what worked and what did not.

I wish them all the best.

Heavy rain fell overnight for at least an hour and lighter rain has continued to fall through the morning, worsening already difficult conditions and potentially forcing the Thai government's hand.

Teams have a three to four-day window to save the boys, said Osottankorn

Can't see how to work from an outside source sorry.
Above is from stuff.co.nz

Oh my. Praying for the boys. Unable to keep up right now so thanks for the posts.

I suspected they were going to get underway, because yesterday the Admiral of the Thai Navy (or highest guy, whatever his title is) said that the Navy diver dying turned their thinking around, and they did not want to risk leaving the boys in the cave anymore. I am so worried! :guilty: Praying for strength and fortitude for all those involved, and no further loss of life.

Oh my. Praying for the boys. Unable to keep up right now so thanks for the posts.

I suspected they were going to get underway, because yesterday the Admiral of the Thai Navy (or highest guy, whatever his title is) said that the Navy diver dying turned their thinking around, and they did not want to risk leaving the boys in the cave anymore. I am so worried! :guilty: Praying for strength and fortitude for all those involved, and no further loss of life.

Its interesting, I would have thought the Navy divers death would have led them to avoiding the difficult and dangerous dive and to the wait the rainy season out plan

I hope they all get out safely What an incredible effort. Does anyone know why they went into the cave in the first place? I have been reading articles but none say why they went in.

ETA: I just read that they went exploring after practice. I guess the coach liked to take them to the caves for fun after practice. Heavy rains moved in and flood waters trapped them.

Last edited:
I hope they all get out safely What an incredible effort. Does anyone know why they went into the cave in the first place? I have been reading articles but none say why they went in.
I heard it's local custom that it's good luck to touch the back wall of the cave. Although I can't imagine that wall was as far back as they went?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter