• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission:Space- A disapointment

redskiesx25

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone...i just got back from WDW :teeth: and i DID ride mission:space...
I have to say i did like the ride and everything, but i thought it would be more intense or more thrilling then it was. To me, i thought it was just like taking off from a plane...i think that people talked it up WAY too much...now people are afraid to go on it, and, i know other people are diffrent...but it wasn't as bad to ME as everyone said it was going to be. Well that's just my opinion...but other wise my vacation was great!

i loved it ,didn't think it was scary, just fun but my husband got very very sick even doing everything they said to do and wouldn't ride again. i think they are advertising it wrong when they emphasize "scary" which imo leads to disappointment if you are going for thrills..... but then again i love most scary rides so maybe i'm not a great one to judge:)!

I didn't think it was scary, but it was realistic and more intense than any other Disney attraction. I was gripping my joystick and for a second there really thought I was saving my ship. :D

I don't think I'll ride again, though, because my stomach did feel funky afterwards. My DH and DS didn't have a problem.

Originally posted by redskiesx25
Hey everyone...i just got back from WDW :teeth: and i DID ride mission:space...
I have to say i did like the ride and everything, but i thought it would be more intense or more thrilling then it was. To me, i thought it was just like taking off from a plane...

I don't know what airline you are flying, but I want the planes you ride in. I've felt the little tug from the back of my seat while an airplane takes off, but Mission:Space is definitely more intense than that.

I'll have to agree with you on that one DukeStreetKing. Last time I rode a plane I don't remember tons of G's pressing down on me. I think Mission: Space is pretty dang intense with thrills!

:hyper:

Just rode it 1st week of June. I was also expecting a bit more! HOWEVER, it is a great ride.

Glenn

I'm agreeing with everyone else. I liked the ride. But in some ways, it didn't live up to hype. :(

I was expecting a little more tug too but i thought it was a great ride. It was really hyped up but i think a little was because they havent gotten a new ride since TT which was really unreliable when it opened.

In my opinion I thought it lived up to the hype. A little more tug? If there was too much "tug" they would have to post warnings that say, "May cause black outs." :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter