Misson: Space, Orange or Green?

Motion sickness not a problem but the G forces were - felt quite unwell after trying the Orange side and took a good 2 hours or more to recover and get back to normal.

This thing with Mission Space Orange is that it's not just a simulator where you can make a decision to ride or not based on previous ride experiences. It's the simulator/tight space/g-force combo and you won't know how that will effect you until you try it. I do get motion sick with simulators, but am usually ok with Dramamine. I also I love the Gravitron at the fair! But Mission Space? Never will ride that again. I got very panicky. It was tight, the pressure on my chest- I was thinking the whole time "when will this end because this can't be good for me." And my oldest did have to make use of the provided barf bag immediately after.

I rode the orange side in maybe the 2012 timeframe thinking I'd be ok because motion sickness hadn't been a problem. That was a terrible idea. I was sick the entire rest of the day (which I spent in the hotel room), and couldn't ride any ride that had the least bit of speed/motion for about the next three years. I'll never ride again.

I think it depends on your motion sickness. I get really sick when I’m moving but can’t tell I’m moving (like in an airplane or Star Tours). But I’m orange, you can tell you’re moving, if that makes sense.

This debate is as old as the attraction itself. It is intense - It is awesome too. I can't see it ruining one's whole day, but I can see how it might be disorienting to some. The weightless moment is really very cool to experience though, and pretty unique for a theme park ride. Just don't close your eyes other than blinking naturally, and don't turn your head sideways. Keep your focus forward and centered and I think you will be fine. I have been a little lightheaded for a few moments afterward, but never anything that didn't fade before I got back outside the pavilion.

Have you ever wondered if you have one of those pre-existing conditions? Ride the orange side and find out!

I rode the orange side in maybe the 2012 timeframe thinking I'd be ok because motion sickness hadn't been a problem. That was a terrible idea. I was sick the entire rest of the day (which I spent in the hotel room), and couldn't ride any ride that had the least bit of speed/motion for about the next three years. I'll never ride again.
That is sooo terrible!

That is sooo terrible!
It was terrible. But our son loves it and rides every time we visit. If you are near the ride exit you can often see people laying down around the area outside the exit trying to recover.

I thought Orange would never end; it had me eye-balling the motion sickness bag. It definitely caused me issues for an hour or so after. The next trip I did Green with no problems.

The question at hand is basically, can you handle spinning or not? Because Orange spins, green does not.

How do you do on the classic Tilt a Whirl, scrambler, or Cosmotron rides at the local amusement park/carnival? If these rides are a "Aw, heck no" because spinning makes you dizzy/queasy/gives you a headache, then don't do Mission Space Orange. Simple. If you enjoy these rides, you'll probably do fine with Orange- because at the end of the day, that's what it has to give you- you sitting in a car on an arm spinning real fast, to simulate G forces.

And of course the last big factor with Mission Space is "Are you claustrophobic?" Because the ride puts you in a very tight space that happens to suddenly constrict on you nice and tight right before it begins, which could be startling. This is a factor for Orange and Green, so avoid Orange AND Green if you forsee any trouble here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter