misty mate or squeeze breeze?

suzimar57

Miss my Happy Place.
we're coming to disney in august, but are undecide which to buy, either the misty mate or a squeeze breeze

what are the pros & cons of each, and

which do you prefer?

thanks for helping us to decide!

I've tried them both and prefer the Misty Mate. I think the ultra-fine mist evaporates faster, thereby cooling me off better.

thanks for responding - i'm leaning more towards the misty mate, after seeing their site - will probably get the 6 oz size misty mate - the fine mist would be more refreshing than the drippy spray the squeeze breeze would produce, and with the humidity, i don't want to be any wetter than necessary!

may i ask you, is the misty mate easy to carry? (what i mean is, is it heavy or awkward due to its size? and how often do you refill it?)

thanks again!

Actually, I liked the bottle/fan combination you could buy in the parks instead or the squeeze breeze. The opening had a much larger hole that you could put ice cubes in for a cold spray mist. At least for a while.

The fan option is very nice instead of soley a mist. Fan was a big help.

... I like them best as well. You can get them in quite a number of stores this time of year; the company is out of Chicago. Bought before the trip they are about $7 with the shoulder strap ($16 in the parks, I believe.) The company does have a website with lists of stores that carry it, http://www.circulair.com/ You can also order directly from the mfr., but that's a little more expensive.

I got some Disney cling stickers to put on ours, and DS likes to play around with them in ride lines.

We ended up purchasing a bottle in the park as I thought the ones in stores looked so big to me before we left (silly me). We did however, buy fans from Walmart ($1.88) on neck strings that did not spray. They were not as good as the mister, but we shared the spray, then each had our own small fan to use thereby saving $$$ and carrying weight.

Now that we are back, I found the same type of spray bottle that the parks have at Menards for under $7.00 but I don't think they have a strap. Refilling with ice is a MUST!!!

Just had to add our experience to this thread. The spray fan was the only thing on our trip that annoyed my husband. He didn't want sprayed, didn't want son#2 spraying it, etc. For some reason, this terrific product just did not work for our family.

Hope it works for you!

(BTW, we became quite addicted to the frozen cokes at AK to beat the heat, HA!)

Actually, I own one of each. I have a Circulair brand squeeze breeze (with
large opening in the base so you can add ice). It's okay, but the water
squirts me direct in the face in a stream. Even with new batteries, the fan
does not really disperse it into a mist. Annoying, to say the least. I recently
ordered some Misty Mate products off of EBay. We got a fanny pack that
has two large pockets, a water bottle holder in the middle, and a 16 oz.
Misty Mate that straps onto the bottom (it's removable). It is a nice,
multi-use product, but it's kind of heavy once you fill the water bottle and
Misty Mate with water. It's also very bulky with the Misty Mate attached.
DH has been commandeered into wearing it for our September trip, but I
have a feeling that the detachable Misty Mate will end up getting left in the
locker before too long. But, I also bought a different Misty Mate product off
Ebay (you can find all of these on www. mistymate.com). It is a 6 oz.
personal mister. It's a plastic bottle that you fill with water (ice too if
desired). You pump it about 20 times to pressurize it. You really don't need
to pump it again until it is about half empty and it lasts for hours. It is a lot
smaller (8 1/2" x 2 1/2" if memory serves me right.) It is lighter and much
smaller and can be slipped into the larger pocket of most fanny packs. I
prefer this one over the larger one. We also bought the $1.88 mini-fans at
Wal-Mart (love them!). We will probably end of carrying a mini-fan for each
of us, and carry one 6 oz. personal Misty Mate taking turns with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter