Mixing magic bands

LindseyMadena

Earning My Ears
Okay, I'm planning a trip to WDW and I haven't been since I did the college program in 2005. With all the changes since then I feel like it's my first trip.

We're staying at the Art of Animation Resort so our magic bands are included. The adults are fine with the plain colors that are included with the room. However, I wanted to get my kids the character ones from shop disney. So, here's my question. Do I purchase the character magic bands from shop disney and then just link them to my reservation or is there another way to do it? Thanks for the help!

Okay, I'm planning a trip to WDW and I haven't been since I did the college program in 2005. With all the changes since then I feel like it's my first trip.

We're staying at the Art of Animation Resort so our magic bands are included. The adults are fine with the plain colors that are included with the room. However, I wanted to get my kids the character ones from shop disney. So, here's my question. Do I purchase the character magic bands from shop disney and then just link them to my reservation or is there another way to do it? Thanks for the help!
I feel the same way, haven't been to Disney World since 2004! They sent me two sets of two bands for DH and I. I'm not exactly sure why I have so many. I plan to post the long complicated post with my umpteen question about them soon!!
Have Fun!

Yes. Just link them to your MDE Account

I feel the same way, haven't been to Disney World since 2004! They sent me two sets of two bands for DH and I. I'm not exactly sure why I have so many. I plan to post the long complicated post with my umpteen question about them soon!!
Have Fun!
I believe from reading your other posts you have 2 separate on site resort stays. One set of Magic Bands per stay

If you want to link a band that you purchase, on the bottom of the list of Magic Bands is a Link button. Click that and enter the number off the back of the magic band. That should link it to your account.

Yes just add them to MDE. Kids can use those and the free ones as well.

Have Fun!

If you have two separate reservations, that’s why you got to personalize two sets of bands.

I am the least tech savvy person ever and linking a purchased MB to my MDE was easy peasy! Just follow the directions on the packaging!

Yes just add them to MDE. Kids can use those and the free ones as well.

If you have two separate reservations, that’s why you got to personalize two sets of bands.
I do have 2. just wasn't sure why we can't use the same ones for the trip. I just wrote on the box which one was

You can use the same ones.
They are interchangeable.
You don't need to mark on the box which ones are for which stay because it doesn't matter.
The reason you got 2 sets is because you have 2 room reservations.
Each room reservation will get you a complimentary magic band since they are used as a room key.
You also could have declined the second set if you really didn't want them although my thought is I'm paying for them in one way or another so why not take them.

Last edited:
I do have 2. just wasn't sure why we can't use the same ones for the trip. I just wrote on the box which one was

No reason for that. Interchangeable.

For the second reservation there should have been an option to decline them, once you customized the first reservation. But you don’t have to.

Or you can buy cute skins from etsy and put it on the ones you have. It's cheaper. I did ours and had beautiful, unique bands. My Little Mermaid one got complimented alot throughout the trip. It was a split stay so we had an extra set of magic bands so I just bought different skins and switched it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter