Mixology

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Hello

Has anyone done the above recently?

If so can you remember what drinks you had or do you have any photos

I think I did this three years ago and the drinks weren’t as description

Thanks

I'm not good with names at all, but here are the photos I took of 3 of the drinks back in September (on the Wonder).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.26.36 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.26.36 pm.png
    637.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.27.03 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.27.03 pm.png
    644.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.27.10 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 3.27.10 pm.png
    618.1 KB · Views: 19
In my experience, @Dug720 is correct. That said, I seem to feel like they almost always have some sort of lemon drop martini-type thing. I only remember it being common because I dislike it. Yet I seem to keep going back... LOL!

We took the mixology class on the Wonder in Feb. 2017
By then we had gotten to know our bartender pretty well by then and he had told us that he pretty much chooses the drinks that he will teach whatever he feels like making that day, but it always has certain techniques/skills.
It was a great time and we did learn techniques and ingredient ratios.
We plan on taking another mixology class on our next cruise, every bartender is different and each class will be too.

Did I read some place, that not all classes you get to drink?
No, everyone gets a sample of the drink.

The difference between the Mixology classes on the Magic class ships vs the Dream class ships seems to be that on the Magic class, the drinks are already poured (small glasses) and the bartender shows how the drinks were made. While on the Dream class, the glasses are standard sized glasses for the drinks and 5 people at a time go up and get walked through how to make each drink (each making enough for 5 people).

We participated in Mixology on the Wonder in March; we had a Kentucky pomegranate mule, a grasshopper, a mimosa type drink, a blue curaçao Gin drink, and second bourbon drink, completely different the mule. I completely agree it depends on the Bartender. We had Jose, he was fantastic

It might be different on different ships too. We did the Fantasy in 2014 & 2017. Almost all of the drinks were the same or very similar, except maybe one. I still had a good time though:drinking1I feel Mixology isn't about the drinks made but about the experience with the rest of the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter