MJM Update

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
Hi All......we are here. Praying that this doesn't jinx it, but MJ is scheduled (for the 5th time, I think) to have her Speech evaluation tomorrow at 3 pm. Speech therapy is critical for her, if we can't get communicating better with her, we will eventually reach a stage where we can't get any further with her due to communications issues. We are also oping to hear from a new OT soon (her current one isn't working for a variety of reasons)

Mike is working on settling in, there are bumps in the road like with any roomate situation, but we are trying to work through it.

MJ is having some reactions to her meds so we may have to change some of them, sigh. She will be going in for her MRI and EEG on the 30th, she will need general anesthesia for this which always makes me a mess.....you'd think I'd get used to it by now, but I never do.

As always, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

We have been watching the coverage of the Gulf Coast in shock for four days and realize that as hard as things are for us, they could be SO much worse...our prayers go out to everyone in this region.

I will get pics from this weekend and pics of her pin boards up as soon as I can (Andrew is rearranging her pin boards right now.) I'll also update her character list (all on her blog)

Hope everything goes as planned and the speech eval has a good outcome.
PD to all of you.

prayers for you and MJ ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
Jennifer

Hi all, we're home from the Speech Eval....it was a bit rough and she scored a lot lower than I thought she would...which means more therapy sessions a week and begs the questions of how much she will improve overall. She has always been ahead of the game on recpetive communication (what she understands) and waaay behind on communicative (what she can tell us) She is still way behind on communicative (1 1/2 years old she tests at) but her receptive is also at 1 1/2 years too.....Much lower than I expected. This means that she will need therapy 3 times a week (Which is 180.00 a month in co pays....sigh) and more than that in stress and wear on her...... All in all, I am a bit depressed about it...I wish the news was better, I always seem to forget how far she is behind until we are around other kids or until she is tested for something.

It sounds like she has a great mom and family support and that will make all the differance!
((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))
JenJen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter