MK After Hours Vs. Halloween Party Vs. Regular Day Ticket 9/1-9/8

dizgirl5518

Earning My Ears
Myself, husband, and 16 month old (at the time) son are going to Disney the first week in September! My husband and I just did AK After Hours on Tuesday and it was AMAZING. Husband has serious social anxiety, so we are willing to pay extra for lower crowds.

With a 16 month old in tow, which of these options is the best for low(er) crowds? Has anyone been to the Labor Day Halloween party in years past?

IMO the parties get oversold and are no longer "lower crowd" levels but we go because we love the atmosphere of the parties. I dont know if AH events are the same way or not, so I can't compare.

Based on crowds, I would do DAH. We went to MNSSHP in late August in both 2017 and 2018 and felt the crowds spiked significantly last year.

We are making the same decision for our September trip. I agree that the crowd levels at the parties are super high. I’ve heard that crowds at AH are much lower.

I think it depends on where your priorities lie. Are rides with low waits a priority? Then it should be AH. If a new atmosphere and parades and characters and fireworks are a priority, I would do the HP.

The HP will not have low crowds. If that’s your priority, do AH.

We are considering AH at AK in September. What were the lines like for FOP? Navi River? Expedition Everest?

We are considering AH at AK in September. What were the lines like for FOP? Navi River? Expedition Everest?

We did AK after hours this past Tuesday, too. Navi River and Everest were essentially walk ons. FOP was maybe 15 min wait before we went into the pre-show.

We avoided Pandora until about 11pm because I had read it can be a bit more crowded right at 9pm.

DAH will be the option with the lowest crowds, but if it’s one or the other I’d opt for a regular full-day ticket with a 16-month-old. A toddler is probably not going to be able to hang until 1am and if they’re sleeping in the stroller, only one of you will be able to get on a ride at a time, which will make every experience take twice as long and really cut into the whole make the most of 3 hours in the park thing. I’d plan for arriving before rope drop and doing as much as you can before the big afternoon crowds build.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter